HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

B.Schenn or N. Kadri

View Poll Results: who puts up more points
B. Schenn 267 57.92%
N. Kadri 194 42.08%
Voters: 461. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Kadris shooting at like 50 percent. I'm sure he'll keep that rate up
Its at 27%

Old
01-25-2013, 02:30 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
pretty sure that's higher than Mr Unsustainable Shooting Percentage himself
Well I'd rather have the guy shooting at the unsustainable shooting percentage than the guy shooting at 0%. I don't think anyone thinks Kadri will have 36G, 24A in 48 games this season, but the fact is that he has been damned good so far this season. I'm definitely not going to say that Kadri is better in every facet of the game, or even that he's the better player overall yet (although I will say he has been by far this season), but I do hope that his play silences all the haters that he seems to have on these boards. Frankly, it's incredible that you guys are finding ways to hate on a guy that has scored 5 points in 4 games and has been arguably his team's best player.

Another thing, his shooting percentage is high because of great positional play, all 3 of his goals have come from being in the right spot on the ice. Obviously his average is going to go down, but the way he is scoring his goals is encouraging.

Now obviously he isn't going to get these fortunate bounces all season, but generally when it seems like a player is in the right place at the right time consistently, it isn't a coincidence. Kadri has been playing very smart hockey rather than trying to razzle and dazzle like he has in past stints in the NHL.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:03 PM
bsmith14

Kadri is playing a bigger offensive role in Toronto, I have liked what I have seen as of late. Going with him.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
So uh...watch him play.

Being a Sens fan, I'm sure you're not biased at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Had to laugh at this one, Milan the Great is a notorious Leaf basher. You just can't stop, can you?

Anyways, Kadri's had a great start, however this should be a close points race. Kadri's actually been very solid defensively as well. Been our best forward, or atleast after Kulemin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
I think he was joking?
I was. Thought I could get away with no smiley by using "uh.."

Old
01-25-2013, 08:05 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
So you're saying that your post is an all-encompassing analysis about both players?

There is absolutely nothing left to discuss because your post analyzes every aspect of hockey.

Ok, well if you and others actually believe that, then I guess we're done here.

But how about you give me a rebuttal after I linked an article as to why those stats could be skewed (also because of their small sample size).
When statistics are all we have to go by, they are the most accurate parameters in the debate. If we dont use statistics that may be skewed then it comes down to reputation and personal biased opinion. Again, because they can be skewed, we have to disregard anything that goes against what you personally believe. Sounds good.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
When statistics are all we have to go by, they are the most accurate parameters in the debate. If we dont use statistics that may be skewed then it comes down to reputation and personal biased opinion. Again, because they can be skewed, we have to disregard anything that goes against what you personally believe. Sounds good.
You're not understanding my point.

I said:

A. That sample, because of how small it is, is so volatile (statistically speaking) where puck luck, or lack thereof, can play a huge role.

Case in point, the article that I linked. You seem to post statistics without any context, so I provided context behind Schenn's output so far. He has not gotten the puck luck when he is on the ice. That's a fact.

B. Your post is not an all-encompassing analysis about the players.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:

I said:

A. That sample, because of how small it is, is so volatile (statistically speaking) where puck luck, or lack thereof, can play a huge role.

Case in point, the article that I linked. You seem to post statistics without any context, so I provided context behind Schenn's output so far. He has not gotten the puck luck when he is on the ice. That's a fact.

Roo mad bro ?

Old
01-25-2013, 09:00 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:

I said:

So, regardless of any discrepancies in precision of the statistics, the deviations from what should be expected likely aren't off significantly enough to discredit Kadri as NEC in terms of a defensive comparisons. Regardless of the inaccuracies provided, there is nothing that suggests the two are not equal, if Kadri is not better, calibre players.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:27 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Wow, this post provided exactly thze kind of **** its title promised.

Flyers fans: Schenn AINEC
Leafs fans: Kadri AINEC

It`s actually rather close and they are both kinda underwhelming.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Woll Smoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post

Kadri 4gp 3-2-5

Underwhelming

Haven't looked at Schenn's stats to compare.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:41 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woll Smoth View Post
Kadri 4gp 3-2-5

Underwhelming

Haven't looked at Schenn's stats to compare.
I did it for you. 1 assist in 3 games.

I recently picked up Kadri in a fantasy hockey pool. He better deliver.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:06 AM
MastuhNinks

Quote:

Actually most of the Leafs fans ITT have just been trying to convince people that it's close.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:03 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Career stats:

B. Schenn
GP-66 G-12 A-9 P-21 +/- -8

N Kadri
GP-55 G-11 A-13 P-24 +/- -1

Even tho Kadri has more goals, assists and points per game he is clearly a bust and will easily be out scored by Schenn this year.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:30 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Well I'd rather have the guy shooting at the unsustainable shooting percentage than the guy shooting at 0%. I don't think anyone thinks Kadri will have 36G, 24A in 48 games this season, but the fact is that he has been damned good so far this season. I'm definitely not going to say that Kadri is better in every facet of the game, or even that he's the better player overall yet (although I will say he has been by far this season), but I do hope that his play silences all the haters that he seems to have on these boards. Frankly, it's incredible that you guys are finding ways to hate on a guy that has scored 5 points in 4 games and has been arguably his team's best player.

Another thing, his shooting percentage is high because of great positional play, all 3 of his goals have come from being in the right spot on the ice. Obviously his average is going to go down, but the way he is scoring his goals is encouraging.

Now obviously he isn't going to get these fortunate bounces all season, but generally when it seems like a player is in the right place at the right time consistently, it isn't a coincidence. Kadri has been playing very smart hockey rather than trying to razzle and dazzle like he has in past stints in the NHL.

Youre preaching to the choir here, I love Kadri and have since watching him in the AHL. Kid has some serious talent and the only thing he's done wrong at the NHL level is play for the leafs

shhhhh don't tell anyone!

Old
01-26-2013, 12:32 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Career stats:

B. Schenn

N Kadri

Even tho Kadri has more goals, assists and points per game he is clearly a bust and will easily be out scored by Schenn this year.
to be fair, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Schenn start out with Giroux and Kadri started on the second line? Would be very believable that Schenn would outscore Kadri at that time, when most made their votes

Old
01-26-2013, 12:36 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
to be fair, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Schenn start out with Giroux and Kadri started on the second line? Would be very believable that Schenn would outscore Kadri at that time, when most made their votes
Kadri is on and started on the third line actually. Its very close and could go either way, what I am taking issue with are those who act like Kadri doesn't have a chance to out score Schenn.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:56 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Career stats:

B. Schenn

N Kadri

Schenn is essentially a full year younger so Kadri just barely edging him in career NHL statistics is not all that impressive. Schenn stuck as a 20 year old on a very deep, strong Flyers team. You can't punish him for not scoring that much while Kadri played mostly in the AHL at 20 and 21.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:34 PM
iiuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Schenn is essentially a full year younger so Kadri just barely edging him in career NHL statistics is not all that impressive. Schenn stuck as a 20 year old on a very deep, strong Flyers team. You can't punish him for not scoring that much while Kadri played mostly in the AHL at 20 and 21.
So that explains all these "Schenn AINEC" posts?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Garbage Goal

Not speaking for the past, but as far as the present goes I'd take Kadri and I'm a Philly fan.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:39 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Same draft, same number of years of development. Yes Philly is a very deep team but that also means Schenn has gotten to play with better linemates than Kadri has.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE

vCash: 543
Quote:
With all due respect, this is a weak argument. They are in the same draft year and their prime years will be intertwined so matching them head to head is perfectly acceptable. I still have Schenn putting more points this season, but right now, its more 54% certain rather than 80% like it was before.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

Kadri has 6 points in 6 games.

Schenn has 2 points in 6 games.

This poll gets funnier everytime I look at it.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:16 PM
araisarena

Like I said, Kadri has always been more dynamic offensively, in the 09 draft Bob McKenzie quoted Dale Hunter and his thoughts that Kadri's offensive talents and pedigree should be up there with Tavares and Duchene. While those guys have produced and been in the NHL for 4 years now and I'm certainly not comparing Kadri to those guys as of now, his offensive potential and ability is remarkable and the sky's the limit with the kid. Having watched all the games this season, you can see his defensive ability improve dramatically, he's a plus, he's creating turnovers and limiting his turnovers. I love Schenn, huge fan of his when he was playing for the Brandon Wheat Kings and he reminds me a lot of a Mike Richards kind of guy. 60 point guy solid 2 way guy in his prime and Kadri for me is a guy who could push past that in any given year depending on summer preparation, linemates, luck, he's a potential 80 point guy. It's tough to judge right now. Bring this poll back up in three years. Reminds me a lot of the Brassard vs Giroux poll.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:

You'll be hard pressed to find any Leaf fans saying that in this thread actually.

Its been
Flyers, Leaf haters: "Schenn AINEC, stupid to think otherwise"
Leafs fans: Split on Kadri/Schenn or just arguing about how it is indeed close.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Kulemon

I've loved what I've seen from Kadri so far. He's so skilled and has improved every part of his game and is even playing centre full time. The sky's the limit. He's leading the leafs in scoring from the third line ffs.

It's amazing how people on HF were writing him off and calling him a huge bust. Lmfao

Closed Thread