HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

B.Schenn or N. Kadri

View Poll Results: who puts up more points
B. Schenn 267 57.92%
N. Kadri 194 42.08%
Voters: 461. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Kadri has been tremendous. And he's been doing it with limited minutes.

No clear flaws in his game.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:10 AM
stavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
I've loved what I've seen from Kadri so far. He's so skilled and has improved every part of his game and is even playing centre full time. The sky's the limit. He's leading the leafs in scoring from the third line ffs.

It's amazing how people on HF were writing him off and calling him a huge bust. Lmfao
this is why you should NEVER take HF seriously. Most people spout so much **** on these forums, its hard to actually find those that legitimately know what they are talking about when it comes to some players.

Anyone who has seen this kid live playing on the Marlies could tell you he would be an impact player at the NHL level.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:19 AM
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
So you're saying that your post is an all-encompassing analysis about both players?

There is absolutely nothing left to discuss because your post analyzes every aspect of hockey.

Ok, well if you and others actually believe that, then I guess we're done here.

But how about you give me a rebuttal after I linked an article as to why those stats could be skewed (also because of their small sample size).
Maybe I could waste my time writing an article about why Kadri's numbers are similarly skewed, but I don't need to because Kadri's the better player and the numbers already prove it.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:53 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Kadri has 6 points in 6 games.

Schenn has 2 points in 6 games.

This poll gets funnier everytime I look at it.
It's funny that you think 6 games changes anything

Old
01-30-2013, 12:56 AM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

Small sample size but if this trend resumes, this thread is going to be increasingly amusing as the season goes on.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:54 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
Leaf fan saying Schenn will get more points and be the better player now and in the future.
I'm of the same opinion and I hate the Flyers while having a soft spot for the Leafs. Kadri is off to a good start though and the Flyers are struggling (score!). Schenn is just a very good player though and I have to imagine Philly will get better and the Leafs offense will probably cool off a bit (not saying the Leafs are going to start sucking, just that the offense has been hot to start). I would have been fairly thrilled if it had been Brayden to Toronto instead of Luke to Philly.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:08 AM
tml145

i think the schenn brothers are overrated

Old
01-30-2013, 03:12 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
i think the schenn brothers are overrated
said the leaf fan

Old
01-30-2013, 03:21 AM
tml145

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
said the leaf fan
luke schenn was and will always be overrated

i like breyden schenn as a player but he is not 40% better than kadri

Old
01-30-2013, 05:15 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

This makes me want to throw up. Schenn obviously.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
This makes me want to throw up. Schenn obviously.
Please explain while elabourating on how much you've seen of both Schenn and Kadri this year.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:58 AM
Keeping it Blue

If it was so obvious the why isn't Schenn ahead now? Small sample size blah blah blah. I know. It's just you would think it would the other way around if it was so obvious.

I really like Schenn and think he'll do pretty good this year.

At any rate, it's not obvious. I'd say Schenn will turn it around but the two players will end with a similar amount of points.

Last edited by Keeping it Blue: 01-30-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old
01-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Please explain while elabourating on how much you've seen of both Schenn and Kadri this year.
He can't since he's talking out of his ass.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:33 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
luke schenn was and will always be overrated

i like breyden schenn as a player but he is not 40% better than kadri
really? cause all I hear is how bad L Schenn is from Leaf fans, and most of the hate came right after the trade. Odd

Old
01-30-2013, 11:14 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
really? cause all I hear is how bad L Schenn is from Leaf fans, and most of the hate came right after the trade. Odd
I love Luke, It was disappointing when he was traded because I thought he'd turn it around, like he has. He's a great dman and a great leader, but with that being said he's a quality Top 4 dman and lacks the offensive aspect to become much more.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:17 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
I love Luke, It was disappointing when he was traded because I thought he'd turn it around, like he has. He's a great dman and a great leader, but with that being said he's a quality Top 4 dman and lacks the offensive aspect to become much more.
I agree, and a top 4 defenseman is easily equal in value to a top 6 winger imo

I think Kadri has better potential than Luke or Brayden, he is just not as likely to reach it than B Schenn specifically

Old
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
lies.

what's "odd" is how philly fans always told leaf fans that Schenn was godawful, and could never be worth a great player like JVR in a trade, let alone be comparable to great dmen like Braydon Coburn.....but within a month of the trade convinced themselves that they won the deal.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:29 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Interesting, I feel like the consensus among Leafs fans is that Luke could still turn out good. He has has two great seasons and two awful seasons, which really isn't that bad for a 23 year old defensive defensemen. I think he'll turn out great in a few years, and I wish him the best. I think JVR's upside is higher but I think the trade made sense for both teams.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:01 PM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
lies.

what's "odd" is how philly fans always told leaf fans that Schenn was godawful, and could never be worth a great player like JVR in a trade, let alone be comparable to great dmen like Braydon Coburn.....but within a month of the trade convinced themselves that they won the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Interesting, I feel like the consensus among Leafs fans is that Luke could still turn out good. He has has two great seasons and two awful seasons, which really isn't that bad for a 23 year old defensive defensemen. I think he'll turn out great in a few years, and I wish him the best. I think JVR's upside is higher but I think the trade made sense for both teams.
Not going to lie, that comment was a bit uncalled for. All fanbases have some who citique former player to make themselves feel better about trades. (way too many Canucks fans guilty of this with Hodgson). Philly fans are just as guilty as leaf fans. Anyways... Schenn for JVR was a solid hockey trade that filled both teams need. Anything could happen in the future obviously but I think JVR and Kadri are the better duo today

edit- whoops wrong thread I think B Schenn >= Kadri

Old
01-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

I still think its amazing how many people just skip over the actual poll question:

"Who's gonna put up more points this season and why?"

Everyone seems to be going for who they think will be the better player long term, or "I like his style more". If Schenn and Kadri are on the same level offensively it should be Schenn (1st line w/ Giroux vs 3rd line w/ Komarov/Frattin).

Old
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
I still think its amazing how many people just skip over the actual poll question:

"Who's gonna put up more points this season and why?"

Everyone seems to be going for who they think will be the better player long term, or "I like his style more". If Schenn and Kadri are on the same level offensively it should be Schenn (1st line w/ Giroux vs 3rd line w/ Komarov/Frattin).
That's fine and good but Schenn is also on the 3rd line, not with Giroux.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:39 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
That's fine and good but Schenn is also on the 3rd line, not with Giroux.
This isn't true he has played the most 5v5 with Giroux and is centering the 2nd line with Briere.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Pi

Quote:
Most of the hate came for Luke Schenn because he never took the next step:

1st year: Great for an 18 year old rookie.
2nd year: God awful.
3rd year: Showed that maybe the 2nd year is just a sophomore slump and all will be good from here on.
4th year: Worse than 2nd year, he found new ways to help the Leafs. I actually thank him though, without Schenn in the line up, there was no way the Leafs sniff a top 5 pick.

Also, you might want to revisit the trade proposals for Schenn. All of HFBoards thought he's a #5/#6D that will never be worth JvR. If we wanted JvR...Flyers fans said: Schenn + Kadri

5th year: Schenn looks like he's good but it's funny that all of a sudden he's now better than Braydon Cobourn. Before the trade, Cobourn >>>> Schenn, now he's better.

Flyer fan before trade:

Quote:
So glad Homer never traded JVR for Schenn. He looked AWFUL in the last game against the Flyers.

But honestly, I think his value is down, considering the "supposed" depth of the D for the Leafs and also how he has looked recently. As of right now, I'd say a late 1st, early 2nd at best.
It goes both ways before the trade.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
zeke
#freewilly

The bottom line with this comp is that even when drafted, everyone thought that Kadri had the higher offensive upside than schenn, while schenn was viewed as the safer pick.

Now that Kadri's nhl performance (both physically and defensively) is starting to eliminate all the "risk" factor he had as a prospect, and thus schenn's "safe" advantage, it's hard not to take Kadri in this comp going forward.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Schenn has outproduced Kadri at every level, up until the SSS of their respective NHL careers.

Schenn has been the better prospect by every single scouting syndication since the day they were drafted.

It's hard to not take Schenn in this comp going forward.

Closed Thread