HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

anyone else feeling relieved?

Old
02-23-2013, 02:48 PM
justinboo*

vCash: 500
anyone else feeling relieved?

Honestly, its a nice change of story line so far. Anyone else feel the same way? I'd like to see how the sharks do in the playoffs, without anything to prove from the regular season. I'm sure they'll make it, i just hope they dont have to burn all their juice to get there!

Thoughts, feelings?

Last edited by justinboo*: 02-23-2013 at 02:53 PM.
justinboo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinboo View Post
Honestly, its a nice change of story line so far. Anyone else feel the same way? I'd like to see how the sharks do in the playoffs, without anything to prove from the regular season. I'm sure they'll make it, i just hope they dont have to burn all their juice to get there!

Thoughts, feelings?
This lineup will always have something to prove, with Marleau and Thornton on it. Heck with just Thornton on it.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Swedish GP
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
This lineup will always have something to prove, with Marleau and Thornton on it. Heck with just Thornton on it.
Pretty much, the general media and other fan bases will never let them live it down unless they tote home that shiny goblet.

Also Justin Im not sure what you meant by change of story line, by that did you mean us sucking haha? This team will carry expectation forever...

Swedish GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

I'm relieved, but I took care of that this morning.

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:16 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:

Thoughts, feelings?

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Losing is never fun. So, no, I'm not relieved.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:45 PM
SactoShork
F This

vCash: 50
I'm super busy with my personal life, so I will actually agree that this bummer of a season is a relief.

For the past several years I've watched every game and every minute. Now, I switch on/off games and get things done.

SactoShork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:39 PM
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

I just took and **** and i'm feeling relieved also... sorry not what you meant??

Teams are rarely as good or bad as what ever winning/losing streak they are on - same applies to the Sharks. The sharks are *not* an elite level team anymore as proved by last season and to some extent this season, we just can't beat some teams that are moving up. As a result the sharks are a mid level team on the decline at this time, this is truth.

VP and GM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Swedish GP
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
I just took and **** and i'm feeling relieved also... sorry not what you meant??

Teams are rarely as good or bad as what ever winning/losing streak they are on - same applies to the Sharks. The sharks are *not* an elite level team anymore as proved by last season and to some extent this season, we just can't beat some teams that are moving up. As a result the sharks are a mid level team on the decline at this time, this is truth.
Finally some vision around here, a great perspective. Thank you for not wearing your teal glasses.

Swedish GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:23 PM
stator

vCash: 475
Quote:

Thoughts, feelings?
Well, assuming they will make the playoffs. It all depends upon what is the typical Sharks performance? The first ten games (7-2-1) or the last ten games (1-6-3)?

If they play the average between (8-6-4) for the rest of the short season, it will be close on whether they make the playoffs or not.

I'm anticipating on the average. If they squeak into the playoffs, how will they will do depends on whether they are peaking (7-2-1) or bombing (1-6-3). Bombing means out in the first round, peaking means making the conference final.

Last edited by stator: 02-25-2013 at 08:29 PM.
stator is offline   Reply With Quote