Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cam Fowler evaluation

Old
03-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Raistlin1022

vCash: 500
Cam Fowler evaluation

Hi Ducks fans, how is Cam Fowler's play this season? While all your kids are contributing this year, I noticed that Fowler is not contributing offensively. Is Souray eating into his PP time? how is his defensive play so far? Has he regressed or is he holding his own? Congrats on an amazing season so far.

Raistlin1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Exit Dose

He's contributing a lot on offense, it's just not showing up on the stat sheet yet. He's also had a bit of bad luck.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:41 AM
tANNERRRR54

He is playing great. Just not getting on the board point wise, but he has played excellent. I am guessing next season he will finally bring all his skill together and contribute heavily on both ends of the ice.

tANNERRRR54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:55 AM
AngelDuck

If you have him on your fantasy team...do NOT sell low right now. Keep him, he has had the worst luck this year, and will improve. I expect him to really breakout next year as a 50 point defenseman.

Oozing with confidence on the PP, solid in his own zone 5v5, makes great breakout passes. He's a special kid

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:30 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Our powerplay jumped up from...what...18th? To number 1 upon his return. 2 points on the season is not as telling as it may seem offensively. Defensively his positioning, stick work, and board work has improved a lot. I mean...it's not on a Pietrangelo like level, but I don't get nervous when he's in the Anaheim zone anymore...not like I would regularly but when he'd get worn down after the season dragged on, his D was a bit more suspect. Now he's very reliable. Sometimes he straight up stops guys from scoring. He looked a bit better pre-injury, I'm not gonna lie, but he is still only 21. If this is a sign of things to come, I'm excited for the future.

Oh and his breakout passes are something to see. Tonight he had one that he put through a defenders legs and still managed to get the puck on his man's stick.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Cam is millimeters away from having the floodgates open.

Spicy Porkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1022 View Post
Hi Ducks fans, how is Cam Fowler's play this season? While all your kids are contributing this year, I noticed that Fowler is not contributing offensively. Is Souray eating into his PP time? how is his defensive play so far? Has he regressed or is he holding his own? Congrats on an amazing season so far.
Easily his best season as a professional, hes matured defensively a ton, and when you skate like him its only a matter of time before he starts getting some points. Since hes gotten back our powerplay has looked unstoppable(a lot has to do with him). His shot looks improved this year too, and hes come close to getting a few in, hes just snake bittin in my opinion.. i think once he gets that first goal in hell start scoring how were accustomed to him scoring.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:21 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Easily his best season as a professional, hes matured defensively a ton, and when you skate like him its only a matter of time before he starts getting some points. Since hes gotten back our powerplay has looked unstoppable(a lot has to do with him). His shot looks improved this year too, and hes come close to getting a few in, hes just snake bittin in my opinion.. i think once he gets that first goal in hell start scoring how were accustomed to him scoring.
I agree with you in general, but the bolded is not necessarily true. JBo is a good example.

I'd say his shot is the most surprising development. I'm not sure if it was confidence or what, but before I would have sworn that he just doesn't have a slapshot. But now it's looking quite decent indeed.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:01 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I agree with you in general, but the bolded is not necessarily true. JBo is a good example.

I'd say his shot is the most surprising development. I'm not sure if it was confidence or what, but before I would have sworn that he just doesn't have a slapshot. But now it's looking quite decent indeed.
I disagree with that last part. Sometimes he'd blast it wide and would make some loud noise when the puck would hit the boards. One of his assists was a wide slap shot that bounced off the boards and straight to Perry.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I disagree with that last part. Sometimes he'd blast it wide and would make some loud noise when the puck would hit the boards. One of his assists was a wide slap shot that bounced off the boards and straight to Perry.
I'm not sure what your argument is here.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:51 AM
rollingdux

Hazy mentioned during a broadcast that Fowler's using a different stick. He doesn't have a hard shot but seems to be getting his shots through that create some chances as opposed to last season where it seemed like everything he shot was blocked.

He just needs that first goal.

rollingdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

I've always felt Fowler had an underrated shot. Not overpowering, by any stretch of the imagination, but accurate and a quick release. Some of the goals he scored in his first season, well, the shot placement was impressive. It seemed like most of his goals hit the post and went in.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Getz2perry

Hes also not afraid to go lateral and take the shot... which opens up lanes to get it on net.

Where if you watch souray hes either moving towards the puck or standing still when he lets them rip.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Duck Fan

I laugh to myself every time I think about the Entry Level Draft when team after team passed on picking him until the Ducks took him. Usually most teams have Jersey's ready to give to the player they select. The Ducks NEVER imagined they would have the opportunity to select him and therfor they didn't have a jersey with his name on it.

I remember the smile on the face of Brian Murray (one of disbelief) when he was approaching the podium to select him.

I also remember one of the Hockey analysts (cant remember his name) trying to console Cam as team after team failed to select him.

I/M/O he is starting (slow patty steps day by day) to pattern his game after Scotty and looking more and more like him.

Duck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Fan View Post
I also remember one of the Hockey analysts (cant remember his name) trying to console Cam as team after team failed to select him.
Craig Button, I think? And yes, that was fantastic.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:10 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I'm not sure what your argument is here.
I never thought his shot was weak. 92 MPH in the hardest shooter should say something. He just didn't rip it as often as he does now.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I never thought his shot was weak. 92 MPH in the hardest shooter should say something. He just didn't rip it as often as he does now.
I know this is subjective, but I don't think his shot was as hard in previous years. I do think this year his shot is harder than before.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Well, he was shooting a 92 as an 18 year old. 2 years of physical maturation and training are going to make a difference.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Craig Button, I think? And yes, that was fantastic.
I need to get a life.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Unagi

Fowler is someone who would have benefited a LOT from a whole season lockout. His improvements from 5 months in Sweden are remarkable...if he was there a year, boy he'd probably be the best OFD in the West by far.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Concluding that his improvement comes from his time in Sweden is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Old
03-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Raistlin1022

Wow! thanks for the update on him, I was surprised of his lack of offense from the outside, I remember the crazy draft where everyone passed on him too. Good to see that he's living up to his billing. I'm giving him a longer leash in my pool for sure, after the unanimous praise for him from your fanbase.

Best of luck!

Raistlin1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:25 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

I mean this in the most non-homer way... but I often catch flashes of Niedermayer when Fowler decides to use his excellent skating and his improving stick work.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Concluding that his improvement comes from his time in Sweden is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
If you say it's the sole reason yeah. It's a stretch. I'm convinced it helped.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Yemeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I need to get a life.
Thanks a lot for the video, never saw it even though I watched the draft etc, must have been a different channel or an condensed version?

Last edited by Yemeth: 03-08-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: edited out the youtube video from the quote
Yemeth is offline   Reply With Quote