HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Harve Bennett, 84

Old
03-05-2015, 06:32 PM
NewtJorden
SharksPackersAstros

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to NewtJorden
Harve Bennett, 84

Movie/TV producer Harve Bennett has died at the age of 84. He was the producer of four Star Trek movie (Wrath of Khan, The Search for Spock, The Voyage Home and The Final Frontier) as well as tv show like The Mod Squad, The Bionic Woman, The Six Million Dollar Man and Time Trax.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/harve-be...er-1201387026/

NewtJorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Lord J T Shark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 95
bad week for guys who built and saved star trek

Bennet was the who worked behind the scenes and when he was brought in after the fiasco of the first movie--he was the one who sat down with Nicolas Myer to do Start Trek the wraith of Khan and if I remember correctly--it was him and Myer who took the weekend and rewatched all the original episodes and that is where Wrath of Khan started

03-06-2015, 03:23 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Aw. That's another name from my childhood, considering that I noticed it every time that I watched Star Trek II-V (which was a lot, since I grew up in the 80s). I give him a lot of credit for rescuing Star Trek after the boring, disappointing first movie and making the universe and characters fun again. If he hadn't gotten Star Trek II so right, we likely wouldn't have gotten III-VI or Star Trek: The Next Generation, not to mention what came after. Someone would've eventually re-tried a Star Trek movie or TV series, but it wouldn't have been the same. Star Trek II and what came after really made Star Trek a global phenomenon in the 80s and 90s, and I give Harve Bennett a lot of credit for that.

Last edited by Osprey: 03-06-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote