HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Parks and Rec - Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 01:18 PM
  #51
DennisReynolds
the implication
 
DennisReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
This starts here tonight. Is it worth watching?


yes, get excited

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:38 PM
  #52
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 20,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
This starts here tonight. Is it worth watching?
You mean the series starts? If so, one word of advice--don't hold the first season against the show. It's not bad, but not indicative of what the show would become the next season and beyond.

Teemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
  #53
Cruiser008
Registered User
 
Cruiser008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Another great episode tonight. Leslie and Ron were all sorts of awesome.

Cruiser008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:28 PM
  #54
Cruiser008
Registered User
 
Cruiser008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
You mean the series starts? If so, one word of advice--don't hold the first season against the show. It's not bad, but not indicative of what the show would become the next season and beyond.
Quoted for emphasis. The first season is pretty mediocre but it takes off from there.

Cruiser008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:46 PM
  #55
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,014
vCash: 500
Ron laughing at it becoming a porn store was awesome. So was him ordering the party platter then giving the guy the celery (?) or whatever non meat it was and saying "I won't be needing this."

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:30 AM
  #56
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
Ron laughing at it becoming a porn store was awesome. So was him ordering the party platter then giving the guy the celery (?) or whatever non meat it was and saying "I won't be needing this."
That was great, love a good Ron giggle. The porn parody at the end was funny, and always good to see John Ralphio, have to say female John Ralphio did a good job to.

Also Jerry mumbling because no one has ever let him talk this long had me .

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:31 AM
  #57
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,746
vCash: 500
This show is in its prime right now. Every single character is rolling, even the minor ones. Donna not in the episode, but she comes bursting through the door to join in singing with Ann and April was the absolute perfect way to bring Donna into the show last night.

Seriously, every character in their prime, this show has hit such a stride in its cohesion from writers to finished product that it's amazing. If they can find a way to end it after season 6, when I'm sure it will still be amazing, it would be a very wise decision on their part.

But this show is just... wow. They're rolling.

When Chris was talking about how his bag of flour would never grow up to be whatever kind of bread he said (some form of crazy whole wheat) I died. "which is the highest honor a bag of flour can achieve"

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:58 AM
  #58
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
Ron laughing at it becoming a porn store was awesome. So was him ordering the party platter then giving the guy the celery (?) or whatever non meat it was and saying "I won't be needing this."
That was one of Ron's weakest episodes. Libertarianism and eating way too much meat. Gee who saw that coming. Maybe next episode there will be woodworking.

Quote:
When Chris was talking about how his bag of flour would never grow up to be whatever kind of bread he said (some form of crazy whole wheat) I died. "which is the highest honor a bag of flour can achieve"
Best part of the night. I think he said bran muffin, though.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:53 PM
  #59
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,501
vCash: 500
Best comedy show last night. Great episode.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:02 PM
  #60
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Best part of the night. I think he said bran muffin, though.
You're right. I suck at remember quotes

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:34 PM
  #61
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,676
vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
This show is in its prime right now. Every single character is rolling, even the minor ones. Donna not in the episode, but she comes bursting through the door to join in singing with Ann and April was the absolute perfect way to bring Donna into the show last night.

Seriously, every character in their prime, this show has hit such a stride in its cohesion from writers to finished product that it's amazing. If they can find a way to end it after season 6, when I'm sure it will still be amazing, it would be a very wise decision on their part.

But this show is just... wow. They're rolling.

When Chris was talking about how his bag of flour would never grow up to be whatever kind of bread he said (some form of crazy whole wheat) I died. "which is the highest honor a bag of flour can achieve"
I've been calling it the best comedy on TV since season three. It's been incredibly consistent over those three seasons. Season one was okay, season two was good but was still trying to develop a role for each character.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
  #62
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,746
vCash: 500
No new episode again this week? Come on.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:47 AM
  #63
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I've been calling it the best comedy on TV since season three. It's been incredibly consistent over those three seasons. Season one was okay, season two was good but was still trying to develop a role for each character.
Parks and Rec is great, but Workaholics is 100000 times better.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:31 PM
  #64
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,676
vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Parks and Rec is great, but Workaholics is 100000 times better.
Haven't seen Workaholics, which may lend itself against my argument. I've been working my way through a bunch of other shows (currently on The League), plan to hit Workaholics soon.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:07 PM
  #65
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,746
vCash: 500
Ron Swanson on skim milk = amazing.

I like how the current Mayor of Ben's hometown was basically just like: "I suck at my job, but pissing on Wyatt always makes people like me more"

Andy testifying was great too. All the flashbacks of Ron saying he was going to punch Jam in the face.

And of course, Ann's reaction to being compatible with Jerry.

Pretty good episode.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:36 PM
  #66
Towers
Is it on Origin?
 
Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,620
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Towers

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:56 PM
  #67
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,676
vCash: 2391
Ann's face when she realized she and Chris broke up because of compatability issues was priceless.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 05:24 PM
  #68
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,501
vCash: 500
One of the very few shows that is consistently hilarious week in and week out with characters you just enjoy watching and interact with.

New Girl and Modern Family are the other two. BBT has its moments. Surprisingly "Go On" is a really good new show on NBC.

Community is just not funny anymore and don't really like any of the characters anymore. Not enough Troy.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:45 PM
  #69
Doig
Registered User
 
Doig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
One of the very few shows that is consistently hilarious week in and week out with characters you just enjoy watching and interact with.

New Girl and Modern Family are the other two. BBT has its moments. Surprisingly "Go On" is a really good new show on NBC.

Community is just not funny anymore and don't really like any of the characters anymore. Not enough Troy.
I agree with Community, I'm not as impressed with Modern Family any more either, but it still has a few funny moments.

Doig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
  #70
ddawg1950
Registered User
 
ddawg1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,675
vCash: 500
Needs more Jon Ralphio.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:44 PM
  #71
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Needs more Jon Ralphio.
Technically I'm HoOoOoOoOmlessssssssss

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:30 PM
  #72
Cruiser008
Registered User
 
Cruiser008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doig View Post
I agree with Community, I'm not as impressed with Modern Family any more either, but it still has a few funny moments.
Totally agree... Modern Family isn't as funny as it used to be.

Cruiser008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:41 PM
  #73
P U L L H A R D
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 24,089
vCash: 420
This show just keeps rolling at a good clip. Even an episode like this past weeks (which was maybe one of the weaker ones in terms of quantity/quality laugh out loud moments) still blows a lot of shows on TV out of the water.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:09 AM
  #74
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,746
vCash: 500
I say it every week but it's too true. This show has really, really hit its stride and is in the prime of its career.

Characters are firing on all cylinders. Loving this show these days.

OH GOD, just remembered my favorite scene. While the entire Ron side story was great, the best part of it had to be when he complained about the wood the Doctor was using to look at his throat


Last edited by silverfish: 04-12-2013 at 10:04 AM.
silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:57 PM
  #75
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,676
vCash: 2391
Balsa wood, you could at least use mahogany.

Loved the appearance of Jason Mantzoukas, guy's hilarious.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.