HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto @ Montreal 7:00PM EST (CBC HD,RDS HD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 01:06 AM

vCash: 500
Man there's nothing better than a Habs-Leafs game on a Saturday at 7 PM with a cold beer. Galchenyuk playing is just the icing on the cake.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:18 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Man there's nothing better than a Habs-Leafs game on a Saturday at 7 PM with a cold beer. Galchenyuk playing is just the icing on the cake.
Agree. Just one though? Either way I'm coming off my diet for this. Got 36 cold ones waiting for me (don't worry, I'll have help, I'm not jumping off the wagon at full speed!) and gonna need 'em cuz I'm hosting a bunch of leaf fans. Super excited about GallyA too. How awesome would it be if he scores the GWG? (Although in MTL that could lead to potential career ruination due to how awesome I just said it would be.)

Honestly, although I won't jump on him if things don't go perfectly, the thing I'm most hoping for is a total stonewall from Carey. When he is on, the BC is a rockin'. It'll be a lot of him vs. Kessel (hopefully our D realizes the play is usually Kessel dish to Lupul). Then again, a Pacioretty hat trick would be ok as well.

BE 6pm ALREADY!!!

Old
01-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Less than twenty four hours! I almost don't even care who wins. I just want hockey!

Almost. Screw the Leafs. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Getting a pizza, rum and hockey. Life is good.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

From what I can read from the leafs' gdt, the 48 game season is useless, we should just hand them the cup right now before they smash every team and make them cry.....I hope we fu***ng humiliate them

Old
01-19-2013, 01:32 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

I just don't see what's so special about Leo Komarov. Small forward with horrible stats in the KHL in his first NHL game at 25. On the Leafs board they're talking about him like he's going to crush the league. He looks like a Maxim Lapierre to me.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:00 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Old
01-19-2013, 02:18 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
I was just over on their board, they are completely delusional, our top 6 match up well, but our bottom 6 distroys theirs. They seem to think they have a top 9, poor JVR has to play with kadri and some guy no ones heard of, their 4th line is terrible. I know our D isn't great but their D is horrible, and in net we have them distroyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I just don't see what's so special about Leo Komarov. Small forward with horrible stats in the KHL in his first NHL game at 25. On the Leafs board they're talking about him like he's going to crush the league. He looks like a Maxim Lapierre to me.
He's a good player. Smart, gritty, pesky. Not a difference maker though.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:34 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I hate the leafs and hate losing to them even more but they always give us a hard time no matter how bad they are. I think we'll win but it'll be tough.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:58 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
The Canadiens are uber pumped for the opening match at the Bell Centre...on paper we are light years ahead of the Leafs...I foresee a comfortable victory for us, if anyone doubts it send them my way and I will destroy their flawed logic with awesome detonations of superior rationale.
this is Hfboards. Logic and rationale don't matter here.

3-1 Habs

Gio
Frankie Bo
Prust
Chuckie get an assisst

Phaneuf

Old
01-19-2013, 06:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He is an irritating energy player. He is a useful player but won't make a huge impact.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post

As much as we hate Tucker, he brings some of what we were missing the last few years.

See Kaberle takle one of the Habs players jumping into the scrum...see he IS tough

Old
01-19-2013, 06:46 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I don't recognize a lot of those names on the Leafs' D. Will they be as bad as I think/hope?

Old
01-19-2013, 06:54 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Even without Subban I really like the looks of our top4 D. Hopefully Kaberle has a good game vs his former team and gets good chemistry with Gorges.

Once Subban is back, have him play with Markov.

I also like that our two top6 lines are so different. The first one with Cole and Pacioretty is more of a power line that can exploit and punish weaker defensemen. The second one is formed of tenacious skilled player that can drive bigger but slower defensemen mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles
I don't recognize a lot of those names on the Leafs' D. Will they be as bad as I think/hope?
I have no clue who Kotska is or were he comes from. The rest are just overrated, as is the case every year.

The Leafs just don't have a very good roster, even compared to us. Their bottom 6 isn't great (JVR-Kadri-Komarov? really? this isn't the AHL, they will have trouble scoring and have no use as a checking line). Their fourth line is slow and not that much grittier than ours (White and Prust are good in that regard with Moen a good element on the third line, giving an aspect they don't have. Bourque can actually fight as well). Their top6 is similar to ours but at least we don't have Bozak as a top2 center. The fact that Plekanec can be used effectively in a shutdown role is nice as well, it gives more flexibility than Toronto's ''all in'' offense.

On defense it really depends on how well guys like Markov and Kaberle play, we'd have the edge with Subban (sign dammit!). That they still have Komisarek on their top4 is hilarious.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 01-19-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old
01-19-2013, 07:15 AM
HomaridII

Welcome back message from the Habs

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...193799&lang=en

Old
01-19-2013, 07:17 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Even without Subban I really like the looks of our top4 D. Hopefully Kaberle has a good game vs his former team and gets good chemistry with Gorges.

Once Subban is back, have him play with Markov.

I also like that our two top6 lines are so different. The first one with Cole and Pacioretty is more of a power line that can exploit and punish weaker defensemen. The second one is formed of tenacious skilled player that can drive bigger but slower defensemen mad.

I have no clue who Kotska is or were he comes from. The rest are just overrated, as is the case every year.

The Leafs just don't have a very good roster, even compared to us. Their bottom 6 isn't great (JVR-Kadri-Komarov? really? this isn't the AHL, they will have trouble scoring and have no use as a checking line). Their fourth line is slow and not that much grittier than ours (White and Prust are good in that regard with Moen a good element on the third line, giving an aspect they don't have. Bourque can actually fight as well). Their top6 is similar to ours but at least we don't have Bozak as a top2 center. The fact that Plekanec can be used effectively in a shutdown role is nice as well, it gives more flexibility than Toronto's ''all in'' offense.

On defense it really depends on how well guys like Markov and Kaberle play, we'd have the edge with Subban (sign dammit!). That they still have Komisarek on their top4 is hilarious.
Why wouldn't JVR be in the top 6? I'm really surprised Kadri's #s aren't better on a fairly dominant Marlies team but they're still half decent.

Old
01-19-2013, 07:38 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Why wouldn't JVR be in the top 6? I'm really surprised Kadri's #s aren't better on a fairly dominant Marlies team but they're still half decent.
I'm basing this on the Leafs' projected lines, which have JVR-Kadri-Komarov as some kind of kid line.

Old
01-19-2013, 07:48 AM
habdynasty

It's a great day!

Go habs!!!!

Old
01-19-2013, 07:48 AM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Will find a way to watch the game at work. Been thinking about quickly grabbing a huge data plan with Rogers or leeching off the union's internet and stream the game on my laptop.

No damn way I'm missing that.

Old
01-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

My body is ready.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:24 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

I'm dj'ing tonight. Gonna get hammered while doing that, stay up until puckdrop at 8am. Then, get drunk some more.

Gon be good

Old
01-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Dont Poke Subban
Fall is coming

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:35 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

So ****ing excited for this

Old
01-19-2013, 08:43 AM
BeBen*

Recently upgraded to HD, which is better between CBC and RDS HD video wise?

Old
01-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Test them both out to decide a preference but in my opinion, RDS is superior. CBC is a bit grainy.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
01-19-2013, 08:47 AM
tdecheno

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Much prefer RDS feed myself.

Closed Thread