HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#1|This Season on Arrested Development|Pittsburgh Penguins @ Flyers|1.19.13|15:00 EST

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 10:31 AM
JQR
Clearly it's Lovejoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Realistically.... we won't even know if it's good/bad til after 10-20 games. I hope Tangradi gets a legit long-term shot. If after 12 games he's still average, get rid of him for Bennett.
Absolutely. There's definitely some wiggle room in the roster, I just really want to like Tangradi.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:35 AM
JQR
Clearly it's Lovejoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Not seeing Bennett being a fit on that line. But he could very well push for NHL duty in a few months.
I've been gunning for Cooke as a 2nd liner for a while now and it's usually met with harsh criticism. Why that is I am not sure, he has proven that he is capable of a high-level of play. The guy has a lot more on-ice awareness than most people give him credit for.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:40 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques G View Post
I've been gunning for Cooke as a 2nd liner for a while now and it's usually met with harsh criticism. Why that is I am not sure, he has proven that he is capable of a high-level of play. The guy has a lot more on-ice awareness than most people give him credit for.
Gotta leave Cooke on line 3. He already has shown some amazing chemistry with Sutter. I also hate Cooke/Geno together. They always seem on different pages.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Great GDT. Still not sure how I feel about Tangradi on the 2nd line, hopefully my skepticism will be for naught. Great day for hockey, been too long.
Let the Big Dog Eat

Quote:
I put Cooke there over TK, but first I give the young guys a shot. I don't think Cooke has anything to prove at this point in his career. We can put Cooke or TK on that line today or in two months and get the exact same results. Tangradi and Bennett will need to develop. If they can do it, they'll need the time to show it.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Saison Marguerite

Thread needs more Tang (and his flow, lol)!

So ridiculously excited. Three more hours!

Old
01-19-2013, 10:52 AM
OGBobbyFarnham

Tangradi will be interesting.
I do hope the best for him. He's put in the hard work and came into camp this season in great shape. If he can't stick now, he never will.

Anxious to see our backend and in particular one Paul Martin. Hope the best for him aswell.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:56 AM
BarnabysBAC*

I think Jeffrey would have been a better fit on that line. I mean Malkin and Neal are two big bodies that play a physical (Malkin is hit and miss here) game, and having a finesse, speedy player like Jeffrey would be the better option imo, but I am interested to see what Tangradi can do!!! 3 more hours!!!

Old
01-19-2013, 10:59 AM
BarnabysBAC*

Quote:
Gotta leave Cooke on line 3. He already has shown some amazing chemistry with Sutter. I also hate Cooke/Geno together. They always seem on different pages.
Agreed. You can't overload your first two lines "severely". If you take Cooke off 3rd line and put him on second, then that 3rd line becomes a lot worse and doesn't have a true grinder on it like you see on the first 2...

Old
01-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnabysBAC View Post
I think Jeffrey would have been a better fit on that line. I mean Malkin and Neal are two big bodies that play a physical (Malkin is hit and miss here) game, and having a finesse, speedy player like Jeffrey would be the better option imo, but I am interested to see what Tangradi can do!!! 3 more hours!!!
Jeffrey is in no way, shape, or form a speedy player. I'd bet Tangradi is faster than Jeffrey.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:01 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnabysBAC View Post
Agreed. You can't overload your first two lines "severely". If you take Cooke off 3rd line and put him on second, then that 3rd line becomes a lot worse and doesn't have a true grinder on it like you see on the first 2...
On top of that you are taking away what Cooke does best and moving him for the sake of moving him. Cooke produces more when on a 3rd line. He just does. He plays better with guys like Staal/Kennedy/Sutter than he does w/ Malkin.

I think the only guy who can move up without hurting chemistry or how he plays in different situations is Tyler Kennedy. He seems like a guy who is a good season away from a top 6 talent. Unfortunately for TK, last year was a great chance and he severely pissed it away. Therefore, let him stick to what he's good at and that's the 3rd line.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:02 AM
cheesedanish87

Quote:
Realistically.... we won't even know if it's good/bad til after 10-20 games. I hope Tangradi gets a legit long-term shot. If after 12 games he's still average, get rid of him for Bennett.
DB has said hes gonna use other players like Sutter and Glass on the geno line. IF pens get down today i dont think any of us would be surprised if DB is already changing lines around. I noticed sid and geno play a fair amount together during the scrimmage.

Old
DeadGator401

Tangradi is going to get into a fight today. I can feel it.
Whatever, as long as he drives the net, punches anyone who gets near geno/neal in the face, and screens the goalie whenever possible I'm happy.

I'll be happy with 10/10 from him.

Old
eXile59
Shirts on.

I didn't know Laughton was in their line up? 18 year old late 1st round pick & he's just thrown out there. Tangradi has to spend two years on the 4th line before getting a shot.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:03 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Jeffrey is in no way, shape, or form a speedy player. I'd bet Tangradi is faster than Jeffrey.
Yeah.. Jeffrey is slow and weak (for NHL top 6 winger standards). He wins battles by out-smarting people and being in the right spot. He's the definition of a very intelligent 3rd line center, but we have no room for that on our team. He doesn't even come close to taking Staal's or Sutter's spot. Therefore, 4th line center or bust. Unfortunately.

He serves no purpose on Geno's wing.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:04 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
DB has said hes gonna use other players like Sutter and Glass on the geno line. IF pens get down today i dont think any of us would be surprised if DB is already changing lines around. I noticed sid and geno play a fair amount together during the scrimmage.
Then in my post-game write up I'll be calling for DB's firing. Glass is a 4th liner. Period. Sutter just showed how damn talented he was with TK/Cooke and his role on the 3rd line. If Bylsma wants to **** around, then he can get out. I'm all for Sutter double shifting and taking a shift or two w/ Geno, but that's it.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGator401 View Post
Tangradi is going to get into a fight today. I can feel it.
Whatever, as long as he drives the net, punches anyone who gets near geno/neal in the face, and screens the goalie whenever possible I'm happy.

I'll be happy with 10/10 from him.
assuming he doesn't get powerplay time, I think those would be pretty darn good numbers for him in a half season. Kunitz last year had 20/23 in a full season at even strength. Which is 10/11.5 for a half season. I've said a few times, I really think Tangradi can be within 5 even strength points of Kunitz this season if he stays with Geno and Neal full time.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Then in my post-game write up I'll be calling for DB's firing. Glass is a 4th liner. Period. Sutter just showed how damn talented he was with TK/Cooke and his role on the 3rd line. If Bylsma wants to **** around, then he can get out. I'm all for Sutter double shifting and taking a shift or two w/ Geno, but that's it.
agreed. Sutter playing a few shifts with Geno makes sense. Other than that, let the lines play out and see what we have.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:07 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Went out and got some sushi and some beer, I'm ready.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
01-19-2013, 11:09 AM
shizno*

Damnit, looks like NBC will be showing the chicago game and the penguins game will be blacked out due to NBC...what the crap. VPN

Old
DeadGator401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
assuming he doesn't get powerplay time, I think those would be pretty decent numbers for him in a half season. Kunitz last year had 20/23 last year in a full season at even strength. Which is 10/11.5 for a half season. I've said a few times, I really think Tangradi can be within 5 even strength points of Kunitz this season.
I completely forgot about the PP. Giggity.

I haven't really found out what the 2nd PP is going to look like, but you're right, especially considering the PP will probably change 100 times this season. Plop him in front of the net. I just want to see him be nasty, and mean right in front of the goalie. If he's not borderline taking penalties, breaking noses with sly elbows then he's a member of the rebel alliance and he shall be taken away

Old
CanadianFlyersFan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I didn't know Laughton was in their line up? 18 year old late 1st round pick & he's just thrown out there. Tangradi has to spend two years on the 4th line before getting a shot.
Just venturing over to give Pens fans a little insight on Laughton, made the team as the 3rd line centre until the Flyers get word out on Briere. Pretty solid kid 6'1 195, most scouts, and people who have seen him play describe him a thick(muscle). Should be interesting from a Flyers POV. He's defensively sound beyond his years. He's a lot like Richards, positionally sound, likes to play the body more but his offensive peak may not be as high. As for lines the Flyers should be sporting:

Hartnell-Giroux-Schenn
Talbot-Coots-Simmonds
Voracek-Laughton-Read
Feds-Dumb-Dumber

Coburn-Grossman
Schenn- Kimo
Mez- Foster

Bryz
Pilon

Heres to a good game, looking forward to playing a healthy, jacked up Pens team.
Cheers

Old
01-19-2013, 11:11 AM
DeadGator401

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Went out and got some sushi and some beer, I'm ready.
I'll be out tonite doing that.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:11 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyersFan18 View Post
Just venturing over to give Pens fans a little insight on Laughton, made the team as the 3rd line centre until the Flyers get word out on Briere. Pretty solid kid 6'1 195, most scouts, and people who have seen him play describe him a thick(muscle). Should be interesting from a Flyers POV. He's defensively sound beyond his years. He's a lot like Richards, positionally sound, likes to play the body more but his offensive peak may not be as high. As for lines the Flyers should be sporting:

Hartnell-Giroux-Schenn
Talbot-Coots-Simmonds
Voracek-Laughton-Read
Feds-Dumb-Dumber

Coburn-Grossman
Schenn- Kimo
Mez- Foster

Bryz
Pilon

Heres to a good game, looking forward to playing a healthy, jacked up Pens team.
Cheers
Is Voracek on the 3rd line to balance the talent out? Because he's a ****ing animal and should be in the top 6.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:13 AM
DeadGator401

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyersFan18 View Post

Hartnell-Giroux-Schenn
Talbot-Coots-Simmonds
Voracek-Laughton-Read
Feds-Dumb-Dumber

Coburn-Grossman
Schenn- Kimo
Mez- Foster

Bryz
Pilon

Cheers
Sounds about Average to me. Your lineup made me laugh. I was actually like, "Whos Pilon" for a split second. huehue

Old
01-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Frederick Stanley
MSF

This takes too long, thank god it's an 3 PM start and not 7 PM.

Closed Thread