HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread: Nothing Else Matters

View Poll Results: Where will Luongo end up?
Toronto 1 8.33%
Florida 8 66.67%
Philly 1 8.33%
Washington 0 0%
Tampa Bay 0 0%
Columbus 0 0%
Chicago 0 0%
N.Y. Islanders 0 0%
Detroit 0 0%
Other 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 06:16 PM
  #651
Screw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Peachland
Country: Canada
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
I would want it if they send Sam Gagner and second round pick to us for Luongo.
Just what the Canucks need. Another frail forward, Sammy G would do little to improve the Canucks while Lou would be a beast for the Oil.

Screw is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:21 PM
  #652
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw View Post
Just what the Canucks need. Another frail forward, Sammy G would do little to improve the Canucks while Lou would be a beast for the Oil.
Luo is going to be a beast for any team. that much is for sure.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:23 PM
  #653
Screw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Peachland
Country: Canada
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Why does he seem soft to you? He's never had a serious injury and every time I've seen him play he's always been right in the middle of it. He might be small but i don't think he's soft. I am not to big on the idea of Luongo in EDM but Ganger is definitely a step up in the rumor front from what we've heard in the past.
He has never broken 20 goals.

He has never played a full season.

His Hockey News bio uses the exact words "smallish and frail" to describe him.

Screw is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
  #654
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw View Post
He has never broken 20 goals.

He has never played a full season.

His Hockey News bio uses the exact words "smallish and frail" to describe him.
Oh golly gee. It must be true.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:28 PM
  #655
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw View Post
He has never broken 20 goals.

He has never played a full season.

His Hockey News bio uses the exact words "smallish and frail" to describe him.
Watching Gagner, I have to say that I have somewhat changed my view of him. He will always be small but he doesn't shy away from contact and his playmaking skills and strength on his skates looks to have improved. I think he's ready to take another step this year. I'm not advocating trading Luongo to the Oilers for Gagner but it's easy to forget just how young Sam Gagner is. I've been impressed with his compete level.

vanwest is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:33 PM
  #656
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,165
vCash: 500
That asset better be Oscar Klefbom

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:35 PM
  #657
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Watching Gagner, I have to say that I have somewhat changed my view of him. He will always be small but he doesn't shy away from contact and his playmaking skills and strength on his skates looks to have improved. I think he's ready to take another step this year. I'm not advocating trading Luongo to the Oilers for Gagner but it's easy to forget just how young Sam Gagner is. I've been impressed with his compete level.
This exactly my view as well.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:35 PM
  #658
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
For anyone advocating picking up Green from Washington this is from main board:

Quote:
On October 22nd 2011, Mike Green had 2 goals and 2 assist against Detroit.

Since then, in 28 regular season games, his line is 0 goal, 1 assist, 1 point.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:38 PM
  #659
goodluckchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Schneider playoff record 1 - 3.

How long till fans turn on him? Oh wait, it has already started.

goodluckchuck is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:41 PM
  #660
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckchuck View Post
Schneider playoff record 1 - 3.

How long till fans turn on him? Oh wait, it has already started.
As long as it takes him to allow 7+ goals in a couple big playoff games... hopefully never.

Scurr is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:44 PM
  #661
goodluckchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
As long as it takes him to allow 7+ goals in a couple big playoff games... hopefully never.
what about shut outs in the stanley cup finals?

goodluckchuck is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:44 PM
  #662
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckchuck View Post
Schneider playoff record 1 - 3.

How long till fans turn on him?
Oh wait, it has already started.
It comes with the territory of playing goalie in a hockey market.
Ask Carey Price or Patrick Roy how long it took the fans to boo them. You need a tough skin to play net in a hockey market.

vanwest is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
  #663
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
For anyone advocating picking up Green from Washington this is from main board:
Hasn't he had concussion issues? He's been injured far to often if you ask me. I think he's already hit his peak and is on the down side.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
  #664
kanuck87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckchuck View Post
Schneider playoff record 1 - 3.

How long till fans turn on him? Oh wait, it has already started.
Get over yourself. It happens on every board. Players have rough stretches and they get some grief from the fans, and when they start playing well, it's all fine and dandy again. Don't make it seem like it only happens on this board.

kanuck87 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 07:23 PM
  #665
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckchuck View Post
Schneider playoff record 1 - 3.

How long till fans turn on him? Oh wait, it has already started.
This is what annoys me, i like roberto and he has a great attitude, but his fans like yourself are unreasonable.

You have already turned on schneider, you roberto fans wont give him a game let alone multiple playoff blowups before taking us to the cup finals.

You were in the flames vs canucks thread running schneider into the ground.

Roberto fans claim fans turned on roberto but his own fanbase has already turned on schneider before he even had a chance, thats the irony.

I hope roberto fans will give schneider as many seasons as roberto was given before taking us to the cup final, but they cant even get through a single game lending him support.


Last edited by Orca Smash: 01-25-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Orca Smash is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 07:30 PM
  #666
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I think he's already hit his peak and is on the down side.
So a bit like Luongo then?

Erdinger is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 07:34 PM
  #667
jimmythescot
Registered User
 
jimmythescot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Luo is going to be a beast for any team. that much is for sure.
I'm fully expecting to read "Those disgusting Canucks fans were obviously holding him back" a lot. Totally ignoring that he's always played well and the only time anyone talks about him is when he has a bad game.

jimmythescot is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 07:36 PM
  #668
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckchuck View Post
Schneider playoff record 1 - 3.

How long till fans turn on him? Oh wait, it has already started.
27 posts and this might be the best of the bunch. Time for a 5th account.

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 07:45 PM
  #669
blendini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckchuck View Post
Schneider playoff record 1 - 3.

How long till fans turn on him? Oh wait, it has already started.
Only fans criticizing Cory are some of the Luongo fans. BTW, it's not the fans that decided to make Schneids the #1. The coach and management must think that he is the better goalie. Why else would MG be trying to trade him?

blendini is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:23 PM
  #670
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
I'm fully expecting to read "Those disgusting Canucks fans were obviously holding him back" a lot. Totally ignoring that he's always played well and the only time anyone talks about him is when he has a bad game.
Haha... I'm sure we are going to see a lot of interesting threads in the future.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:32 PM
  #671
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
This is what annoys me, i like roberto and he has a great attitude, but his fans like yourself are unreasonable.

You have already turned on schneider, you roberto fans wont give him a game let alone multiple playoff blowups before taking us to the cup finals.

You were in the flames vs canucks thread running schneider into the ground.

Roberto fans claim fans turned on roberto but his own fanbase has already turned on schneider before he even had a chance, thats the irony.

I hope roberto fans will give schneider as many seasons as roberto was given before taking us to the cup final, but they cant even get through a single game lending him support.
My god you keep whining about how people are treating corey, when Luo has been basically run out of town. I like corey, and I like luo...I would love to see luo back to his old self, and I want to see corey succeed. I just hate how Luo to some now is this has been we have in the back corner that isn't as great as our 60 gp starting goalie.

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
  #672
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
My god you keep whining about how people are treating corey, when Luo has been basically run out of town. I like corey, and I like luo...I would love to see luo back to his old self, and I want to see corey succeed. I just hate how Luo to some now is this has been we have in the back corner that isn't as great as our 60 gp starting goalie.
I think Luongo does have a point that he signed a 12 year deal to stay in Vancouver. No to end up the back up after only 2 years . So in that sense, he has a legitimate beef.

He is a class act and I will always have fond memories of him, regardless of whether he stays or goes.

Wizeman* is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:50 PM
  #673
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Big Naissak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton, Canucks.
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
My question is if it is indeed edmonton he is going to for gagner +, what is the domino that Gillis supposedly needed to fall for it to go through?


Last edited by Big Naissak: 01-25-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Big Naissak is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:55 PM
  #674
petrishriekandgo
Registered User
 
petrishriekandgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
OK... Capitals are F$^@%&@^@.

Here's my proposal:

To Caps:
Luongo
Raymond
Alberts

To Canucks:
Laich
Brouwer
Neuvirth

I doubt it happens as Lacih and Brouwer are two of their only forwards that bring any passion/energy to that lineup but holy hell would they look good on the 'Nucks.

petrishriekandgo is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:05 PM
  #675
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,944
vCash: 500
Are those ice girls starting a rave or landing a plane?

edit: wrong thread.

luongo321 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.