HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Springfield

Old
04-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Godzilla

vCash: 500
Visiting Springfield

Hello folks, I will be in Springfield, MO as of Tuesday next week (22nd) up until Sunday the 28th, and I am wondering if there are any cool sports bars that would be showing games that week.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance !!

Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:29 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Thats where I went to college and its been a long time since Ive been down there so not really sure whats still around or not but we watched a lot of games at Coaster's, Ebbet's Field, Big Whiskeys, but the best place to go is Springfield Brew Co. They got good food there too and usually really good deals. Keep in mind its been about 4 years since Ive been down there though.

Also there a couple of Buffalo Wild Wings there as well.

Last edited by SirPaste: 04-19-2013 at 06:38 PM.
SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:28 PM
417blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Thats where I went to college and its been a long time since Ive been down there so not really sure whats still around or not but we watched a lot of games at Coaster's, Ebbet's Field, Big Whiskeys, but the best place to go is Springfield Brew Co. They got good food there too and usually really good deals. Keep in mind its been about 4 years since Ive been down there though.

Yes, all the ones you mentioned - Ebbets/Big Whiskeys/Brew Co will still have Blues games depending on local coverage; FSMW+ down here sometimes gets pre-empted by Royals games but they've been pretty good about it lately. I don't know if Coasters is still open. Harbell's opened downtown within the last year and they should have the game on. Watch out for construction on Campbell downtown; by next week most of the lane closures should be done but they'll still be messing with sidewalks. LGB

417blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:31 PM
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post

I currently live in Springfield, MO and have lived here for many years now, all the places you mentioned are still around and are all great choices to see a game and catch a buzz. Don't know if Coasters is still open though.

cosmicfreakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Springfield Brew Co. would be my choice.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:36 PM
417blues

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that we have a new brewery in town (http://mothersbrewing.com/) and their beers are significantly better than those at Springfield Brew Co.

BrewCo lost some key personnel a few years ago and it's been terrible beer ever since. Personally I think that BrewCo's food is still *great* and they do have many TVs, but last time I went in there and asked to watch a game on VS (it was last year, not NBCsports yet) the bartender responded "Hockey? Is that even a sport?" So yeah, F that noise and go to Harbell's, Whiskeys or Ebbets.

417blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417blues View Post
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that we have a new brewery in town (http://mothersbrewing.com/) and their beers are significantly better than those at Springfield Brew Co.

BrewCo lost some key personnel a few years ago and it's been terrible beer ever since. Personally I think that BrewCo's food is still *great* and they do have many TVs, but last time I went in there and asked to watch a game on VS (it was last year, not NBCsports yet) the bartender responded "Hockey? Is that even a sport?" So yeah, F that noise and go to Harbell's, Whiskeys or Ebbets.
I will look those 3 places up then and pray that there is hockey on TV.

Thanks guys.

Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote