HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner season 2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 07:45 PM
  #101
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
I enjoyed it...

JOHNBOY is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:47 PM
  #102
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
They don't even have a Finnish player on their 70-deep per NHL.com, let alone their roster. Just yet another thing that Dawn Cheerio was wrong about.
Wrong. Komarov is playing for the Leafs tonight.

Pepper is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:49 PM
  #103
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
No way man, a powerplay goal in the 1st period of the 1st game of the year is all it takes to prove Cherry a genius.



They don't even have a Finnish player on their 70-deep per NHL.com, let alone their roster. Just yet another thing that Dawn Cheerio was wrong about.
Guess that means the problems have been Kessel and Bozak, two collegiate players..might be more on the roster, not sure. Now who are all the Swedes ruining the Leafs?

Fire Lindy is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:51 PM
  #104
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 38,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Wrong. Komarov is playing for the Leafs tonight.
Is Estonia a part of Finland now? Because the NHL and the Leafs' official website both list him as being from there.

Epsilon is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:53 PM
  #105
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 38,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Guess that means the problems have been Kessel and Bozak, two collegiate players..might be more on the roster, not sure. Now who are all the Swedes ruining the Leafs?
Apparently Carl Gunnarsson, who's the only Swede the Leafs have listed on their 25 man roster. Heck, they have as many German players as Russians, Swedes, and Finns combined.

Epsilon is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:57 PM
  #106
IDuck
Registered User
 
IDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFancyHuh View Post
Kessel is one of them
as is gardner

IDuck is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:57 PM
  #107
LSnow
Registered User
 
LSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Is Estonia a part of Finland now? Because the NHL and the Leafs' official website both list him as being from there.
He is Finnish-Swedish Estonian that speaks fluent russian. Anyway if you are going to categorize him he thinks himself as a Finn

LSnow is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:58 PM
  #108
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Is Estonia a part of Finland now? Because the NHL and the Leafs' official website both list him as being from there.
Komarov is a finnish citizen, he has played for the Finland's national team.

Get your facts straight.

Pepper is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:58 PM
  #109
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosing View Post
lol cherry comforting the famous canadian insecurity to make people accept his other opinions... old fashioned rhetoric and so predictable
Canadian insecurity....hmmm...and yet you feel the need to watch in order to insult whatever it is he says because it somehow makes you feel bad.

You defined insecurity by making that post and awkward laughing smiley.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:59 PM
  #110
JS19
Four Kicks
 
JS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Shark Tank
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Is Estonia a part of Finland now? Because the NHL and the Leafs' official website both list him as being from there.
Komarov was born in Estonia (then in the Soviet Union) to Russian parents,[1] but moved to the Swedish-speaking town of Nykarleby, Finland when he was 5-years old when his father, Alexander Komarov, relocated the family to play hockey there in the second division.[2][3] Because his father was an ethnic Karelian, the family was able to permanently reside in there.[4] Born in the USSR, Leo Komarov also holds dual Russian-Finnish citizenship.[5]

If you can read Finnish: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/jaakiekko/...335751763.html

JS19 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:01 PM
  #111
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDuck View Post
as is gardner
Kessel, Gardiner, Bozak..

Yeah, those collegiate players are clearly to blame

Fire Lindy is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:04 PM
  #112
IDuck
Registered User
 
IDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Kessel, Gardiner, Bozak..

Yeah, those collegiate players are clearly to blame
hahah, i think thats a solid point

IDuck is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:07 PM
  #113
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 38,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Komarov is a finnish citizen, he has played for the Finland's national team.

Get your facts straight.
My "facts" (that NHL.com and the Leafs' official site both list him as Estonian) are most definitely straight. What national team he played for doesn't change where he was born.

And regardless, it doesn't make Dawn's nonsense talk any less stupid, he's still a moron of the highest order.

Epsilon is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:14 PM
  #114
UnrefinedCrude
Registered User
 
UnrefinedCrude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,315
vCash: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post

And regardless, it doesn't make Dawn's nonsense talk any less stupid, he's still a moron of the highest order.
I suppose nothing raises the level of your argument so far above his moronic nonsense as childishly feminizing his name. Good job being all superior.


UnrefinedCrude is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:15 PM
  #115
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 38,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrefinedCrude View Post
I suppose nothing raises the level of your argument so far above his moronic nonsense as childishly feminizing his name. Good job being all superior.
What, is Cheerio the only person who's allowed to purposely mess up other people's names?

Epsilon is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:17 PM
  #116
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
My "facts" (that NHL.com and the Leafs' official site both list him as Estonian) are most definitely straight. What national team he played for doesn't change where he was born.

And regardless, it doesn't make Dawn's nonsense talk any less stupid, he's still a moron of the highest order.
That's just plain ignorant. Is Dany Heatley a german? Robyn Regehr a Belizean?

Komarov is finnish, no matter where he was born. And does it help your point whether Komarov is finnish, russian or estonian?

No.

Just admit that you were wrong.

Pepper is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:17 PM
  #117
UnrefinedCrude
Registered User
 
UnrefinedCrude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,315
vCash: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
What, is Cheerio the only person who's allowed to purposely mess up other people's names?
lol, I don't see him calling you out for it, while doing the same himself.

UnrefinedCrude is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:19 PM
  #118
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 38,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
That's just plain ignorant. Is Dany Heatley a german? Robyn Regehr a Belizean?

Komarov is finnish, no matter where he was born. And does it help your point whether Komarov is finnish, russian or estonian?

No.

Just admit that you were wrong.
What I said was:

"They don't even have a Finnish player on their 70-deep per NHL.com"

Go to NHL.com and show me where that is incorrect.

Epsilon is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:22 PM
  #119
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 38,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrefinedCrude View Post
lol, I don't see him calling you out for it, while doing the same himself.
If Cheery wants to come on here and mock me, he's free to do it. He probably won't like what I'd say back to him though. Like most bullies, he lives in an echo chamber where he only hears what he wants to and can shut out and shout down anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Epsilon is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:24 PM
  #120
UnrefinedCrude
Registered User
 
UnrefinedCrude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,315
vCash: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
If Cheery wants to come on here and mock me, he's free to do it. He probably won't like what I'd say back to him though. Like most bullies, he lives in an echo chamber where he only hears what he wants to and can shut out and shout down anyone who doesn't agree with him.
they also resort to name calling.

UnrefinedCrude is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:27 PM
  #121
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 38,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrefinedCrude View Post
they also resort to name calling.
Yeah, Cherry certainly does do a lot of that on Blowhard's Corner.

Epsilon is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:38 PM
  #122
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,727
vCash: 500
I love how people freak out at everything he says, but continue to watch.

If you don't like it, flip to that interview with Lance Armstrong by Oprah or something. Or maybe the Biggest Loser is on. Don doesn't mind if you don't watch.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:40 PM
  #123
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
What I said was:

"They don't even have a Finnish player on their 70-deep per NHL.com"

Go to NHL.com and show me where that is incorrect.
Ah so you're hiding behind nhl.com having wrong information. Okay.

Pepper is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:43 PM
  #124
canucksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 26,469
vCash: 500
Well with Cherry's ignorance he probably thinks Komarov is a Russian given his name.

canucksfan is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:46 PM
  #125
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Well with Cherry's ignorance he probably thinks Komarov is a Russian given his name.
His ignorance was pretty much proven when he claimed Burke brought in all of these "US collegiate players, Finns and Swedes" even though the roster consists of almost no Finns and Swedes, and 3 collegiate players. Kessel - top scorer, Bozak - pretty good steal by Burke really, Gardiner - From what I've heard, most Leafs fans love this kid.

Fire Lindy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.