HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Out of town scoreboard

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
@NHL_Sens
Update on Karlsson: Erik suffered a laceration to his left achilles, which will require surgery to repair. He will be out indefinitely.
Terrible for Karlsson and the Sens. Done for the season?

Old
02-13-2013, 08:30 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Terrible for Karlsson and the Sens. Done for the season?
I don't know what laceration means in that case but if he basically tore his achilles he is out for the season and probably for half of the next. Really sucks for the Sens and for us.
They were one of our best trading partners and now we have to deal with one more team gunning for Seth Jones....

Old
02-13-2013, 08:36 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Achilles injuries are scary. Hopefully it doesn't hinder his career. He's a dynamic player.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I don't know what laceration means in that case but if he basically tore his achilles he is out for the season and probably for half of the next. Really sucks for the Sens and for us.
They were one of our best trading partners and now we have to deal with one more team gunning for Seth Jones....
It means a cut. He'll be out 2 months give or take.

****ing douch bag Cooke, always reckless. Hopefully he doesn't ruin another career like savard.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

****ing douch bag Cooke, always reckless. Hopefully he doesn't ruin another career like savard.
Yeah, cause Cooke intentionally went after Karlsson to cut his tendon.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Sens have as bad luck as Avs do. Cowen, Karlsson and Spezza out. Ouch.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr View Post
Yeah, cause Cooke intentionally went after Karlsson to cut his tendon.

I didn't say it was intentional, it was just reckless of Cooke.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:58 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:

I know that it means cut. But I don't know how severe this is. Did he cut it through or only partly or is it just a little bit damaged or something. I wanted to know about the severity of this injury compared to a simple Achilles tear.
But I guess it is kind of the same. If that is true than he will be out way longer than 2 months (at least in the NFL he would be)

Old
02-13-2013, 09:25 PM
detrude
(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Stars with their best Avalanche impression on that last goal against: ugly play at their own blue line leads to a turnover in their D zone, ends up in the net 10 seconds later.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Stars with their best Avalanche impression on that last goal against: ugly play at their own blue line leads to a turnover in their D zone, ends up in the net 10 seconds later.
It's a race to the bottom. Calgary, Phoenix, Colorado, Dallas and Edmonton have played terrible hockey this year. I guess Phoenix will snap out of it since they are well coached.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:34 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
It's a race to the bottom. Calgary, Phoenix, Colorado, Dallas and Edmonton have played terrible hockey this year. I guess Phoenix will snap out of it since they are well coached.
I think it will be Columbus, Edmonton , now Ottawa, maybe WSH and certainly the Islanders we are going up against. MTL might be a possibility as well as the Leafs (probably not under Carlyle).

Edmonton is the favorite by default and than there is Columbus and the Islanders but with our injury situation we should be right in the mix with them.
Will be a very tough race to the bottom. Every point hurts.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
I think it will be Columbus, Edmonton , now Ottawa, maybe WSH and certainly the Islanders we are going up against. MTL might be a possibility as well as the Leafs (probably not under Carlyle).

Edmonton is the favorite by default and than there is Columbus and the Islanders but with our injury situation we should be right in the mix with them.
Will be a very tough race to the bottom. Every point hurts.
I forgot about Columbus. They are turrible.

I haven't followed the bad Eastern teams much, but I have no doubt there are some teams that are as impotent as the worst of the West.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Best goalie in the league didn't look too good tonight.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:44 PM
benzino

Quote:
I forgot about Columbus. They are turrible.

I haven't followed the bad Eastern teams much, but I have no doubt there are some teams that are as impotent as the worst of the West.
Leafs and Canadiens both look solid atm I think they will challenge for play-offs. Florida looks like a mess they badly need a nr 1 goalie, Theodore and Clemmensen just can't cut it no idea how they did so well last season. They should really give Markström a go by now. I think Craig Anderson will keep Ottawa away from the bottom just like he did in his first season with Sens despite Karlsson being out. Washington is in shambles just like LA but somehow you gotta expect them to pick it up sooner or later. Islanders is the only team I haven't really seen play but seriously no team is as bad as Avs in the West or East especially with Johnson out I will take my hat off for the team that manage to suck more than us this season.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
Leafs and Canadiens both look solid atm I think they will challenge for play-offs. Florida looks like a mess they badly need a nr 1 goalie, Theodore and Clemmensen just can't cut it no idea how they did so well last season. They should really give Markström a go by now. I think Craig Anderson will keep Ottawa away from the bottom just like he did in his first season with Sens despite Karlsson being out. Washington is in shambles just like LA but somehow you gotta expect them to pick it up sooner or later. Islanders is the only team I haven't really seen play but seriously no team is as bad as Avs in the West or East especially with Johnson out I will take my hat off for the team that manage to suck more than us this season.
Never count out Edmonton. Those guys are the Tankmasters. They should be favorites by default. FLA will get their act together and so will PHI, LAK and hopefully WSH. The Isles looked really good their first few games but have completely fallen apart.
Ottawa has even worse injuries than we do and will tumble. But I think and hope Anderson, Alfie and Co will keep them afloat.
And you just can't overestimate how bad the Columbus roster is.

I think we will finish 4th to last. If the lottery does not change anything:
EDM - Seth Jones
CBJ - MacKinnon
NYI - Drouin
COL - Barkov or Lindholm
OTT/FLA - The one that is left

Old
02-13-2013, 11:17 PM
PAZ

I know a lot of people despise the Oilers, but they've looked pretty good this year and theres a lot of games they had a chance of winning. They'll be after us, guaranteed. I'd say we're fighting with NYI, CBJ, FLA, WSH, WPG. My guess of the draft order:

CBJ
COL
NYI
FLA
WPG
WSH
EDM

If Columbus is first, I don't see them picking Jones. They'll go for Mackinnon or Drouin, leaving us with Jones.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:47 AM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
I think we will finish 4th to last. If the lottery does not change anything:
EDM - Seth Jones
CBJ - MacKinnon
NYI - Drouin
COL - Barkov or Lindholm
OTT/FLA - The one that is left
Don't be silly, we won't draft a European "European" (Landeskog was basically Canadian) with our first pick.
If we won't get the first 3 we'll get someone that is ranked lower that plays in Canada.
We'll choose a Pulock/Shinkaruk/Monahan, no way we choose Barkov or Lindholm. No way.

Count on it.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:15 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Don't be silly, we won't draft a European "European" (Landeskog was basically Canadian) with our first pick.
If we won't get the first 3 we'll get someone that is ranked lower that plays in Canada.
We'll choose a Pulock/Shinkaruk/Monahan, no way we choose Barkov or Lindholm. No way.

Count on it.
Ugh. Now that I think about it you might be right..
Well that just means we have to tank harder!
Go Hunwick!

Old
02-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Future Calder winner Chris Kreider sent to AHL. It's not a big deal. Many young players go up and down. But it's funny because of Ranger fans on HF and how they talked about him.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Enniesta with 2 points against the bruins. Too bad he can't do it against the big bad sharks. Eh Ivan?

Old
02-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Enniesta with 2 points against the bruins. Too bad he can't do it against the big bad sharks. Eh Ivan?
I've been watching this game since the third and haven't seen much out of him other than being weak on the boards...

Old
02-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I've been watching this game since the third and haven't seen much out of him other than being weak on the boards...
I'm was watching the flyers game so, I can't say how he's been playing but if he didn't impress you in 20 minutes of playing well then the sabres should just waive him. Although, he did get one of 2 assists in the 3rd period.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
I'm was watching the flyers game so, I can't say how he's been playing but if he didn't impress you in 20 minutes of playing well then the sabres should just waive him. Although, he did get one of 2 assists in the 3rd period.
Figured when you commented on his stats he was supposed to be looking good or something. Thus my comment.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Ennis looked like you expect him to look. A somewhat speedy winger that likes to dangle and has above average passing skill. He is weak defensively and along the boards.

He is likable, but he is so limited. You have to shelter a guy like that. I'm happy he's in the NHL but I'm happy it's not on the Avs.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:48 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Ennis looked like you expect him to look. A somewhat speedy winger that likes to dangle and has above average passing skill. He is weak defensively and along the boards.

He is likable, but he is so limited. You have to shelter a guy like that. I'm happy he's in the NHL but I'm happy it's not on the Avs.
This. Exactly this.

Closed Thread