HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Undertakerqc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Honestly, on what planet is Couturier worth as much as Subban? When he'll have done half of what Subban has, we'll talk.
And what did Subban actually do? Like most Habs fan, you are overating our players...

Old
01-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post

The guy is refusing to play for your team, probably because your GM keeps lowballing him and refuses to give him the money and term he wants. He's got the power in these negotiations, and your GM is being an idiot and refusing to budge.

He's as good as gone unless Bergevin pays him. And that doesn't look like it's happening. McKenzie is thinking this ends in a trade, and I'm inclined to agree with him.
Mckenzie rarely talks **** so you're probably right and that breaks my heart because i love PK and i want him to stay on the habs for a long time.

Seriously pay Price 6.5 but cannot pay Pk 5 mil you freakin kidding me

Old
01-23-2013, 10:30 PM
glenbuis

Quote:

The guy is refusing to play for your team, probably because your GM keeps lowballing him and refuses to give him the money and term he wants. He's got the power in these negotiations, and your GM is being an idiot and refusing to budge.

He's as good as gone unless Bergevin pays him. And that doesn't look like it's happening. McKenzie is thinking this ends in a trade, and I'm inclined to agree with him.
Bergevin is hardly being an idiot. Make him earn his payday. For me the thought of getting Benn for him+, or Couturier seems awesome. For tomorrows game we could still dress Markov, Georges, Emelin, Diaz, Boullion, Weber, Kaberle, St.Denis and Tinordi. Obviously one of our current centermen would be dealt with one of the above defenceman and a second rounder maybe for another defenceman of higher quality.(excluding Georges, Tinordi or Emelin)

Old
01-23-2013, 10:34 PM
FadeToBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Bergevin is hardly being an idiot. Make him earn his payday. For me the thought of getting Benn for him+, or Couturier seems awesome. For tomorrows game we could still dress Markov, Georges, Emelin, Diaz, Boullion, Weber, Kaberle, St.Denis and Tinordi. Obviously one of our current centermen would be dealt with one of the above defenceman and a second rounder maybe for another defenceman of higher quality.
Don't worry, he'll earn his payday... somewhere else. Have you seen what Matt Carle got? $5.5m per over 6.... freakin' Matt Carle. Subban is worlds better defensively and has a better shot, albeit not quite as good a passer as Carle. If Carle is worth $5.5m/6 years, Subban is worth $6m/6 years.

You're not getting a 20 year old probable future Selke nominee like Couts for a guy that your team can't even sign. Don't get your hopes up. I could see a package like Grossmann, this years second, next years first, and a prospect, but that's the absolute best return I think you'd get for him, even with people throwing out stuff like Benn for him... No GM will do that.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:38 PM
glenbuis

To Phil Subban
To Dallas Couturier, Phil 3rd, Montrael 2nd
To Montreal Benn

Old
01-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Don't worry, he'll earn his payday... somewhere else. Have you seen what Matt Carle got? $5.5m per over 6.... freakin' Matt Carle. Subban is worlds better defensively and has a better shot, albeit not quite as good a passer as Carle. If Carle is worth $5.5m/6 years, Subban is worth $6m/6 years.

You're not getting a 20 year old probable future Selke nominee like Couts for a guy that your team can't even sign. Don't get your hopes up. I could see a package like Grossmann, this years second, next years first, and a prospect, but that's the absolute best return I think you'd get for him, even with people throwing out stuff like Benn for him... No GM will do that.
Well if its the offer Philly makes, the Habs will look elsewhere.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
To Phil Subban
To Dallas Couturier, Phil 3rd, Montrael 2nd
To Montreal Benn
Montreal is not sending a draft pick plus Subban to get Benn. Thats overpaying.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:46 PM
glenbuis

Quote:

On the one hand your telling me that Subban is worth $6m/6 years but we couldn't get a guy like Couts for him. I think will hold off on your Grossman package. Montreal is holding the cards, not Subban. We don't have to give him the payday yet. Name a team that will tender him an offer. It's called collusion.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Do you honestly think you'll get a better offer than Couturier?
So now Couturier's on Subban's level? Based on what? Now third liners are as good as top pairing dmen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
And what did Subban actually do? Like most Habs fan, you are overating our players...
I'm not overrating Subban, I'm simply saying he's worth much more than Couturier who's barely accomplished anything at the NHL level. Subban is probably in the tier just below Benn in terms of value. A dman who holds similar value would be McDonagh, both are in the 2nd tier of the best young defencemen in the league with the likes of Myers and Bogosian and a tier below Doughty, Karlsson and Pietrangelo. That's far more than Couturier who so far hasn't done anything. I'm not saying Couturier will never do anything, in fact, the idea of him and Galchenyuk as our 1st and 2nd line centers in the future is extremely interesting but I'd request more than him alone if Montreal is to trade Subban.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:50 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Montreal is not sending a draft pick plus Subban to get Benn. Thats overpaying.
You either must be getting me with sarcasm or you are Subbans biggest fan. We would have to add to get Benn with Subban. Getting Benn for Subban and a second would be a steal for the habs.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
burf

Quote:
Bergevin is hardly being an idiot. Make him earn his payday. For me the thought of getting Benn for him+, or Couturier seems awesome. For tomorrows game we could still dress Markov, Georges, Emelin, Diaz, Boullion, Weber, Kaberle, St.Denis and Tinordi. Obviously one of our current centermen would be dealt with one of the above defenceman and a second rounder maybe for another defenceman of higher quality.(excluding Georges, Tinordi or Emelin)
He's the team's #1 d-man and the face of the franchise. He played 24 minutes a night for them last season and was easily the team's best d-man. What else can he do to earn his payday?

Price got a bridge deal when he was the backup. Patches got a bridge deal before he proved he could score. Subban's already proven himself to be a #1 d-man with franchise potential. He is absolutely the kind of player you give 5m+ to for a long term, just like Karlsson, Doughty, or Myers. I know Bergevin has a plan where he gives players low value for a short term on their second contract, but that plan makes absolutely no sense here - the purpose of the plan is to pay for performance, rather than potential, but Subban's performance is already worth a 5m+ contract.

Old
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
You either must be getting me with sarcasm or you are Subbans biggest fan. We would have to add to get Benn with Subban. Getting Benn for Subban and a second would be a steal for the habs.
It definitely wouldn't be a steal but I think Montreal would win this trade.

Old
FadeToBlack

Quote:
On the one hand your telling me that Subban is worth $6m/6 years but we couldn't get a guy like Couts for him. I think will hold off on your Grossman package. Montreal is holding the cards, not Subban. We don't have to give him the payday yet. Name a team that will tender him an offer. It's called collusion.
Subban is financially worth what his future potential is... which is as a first-pairing offensive d-man. But given the contract issues and his off the ice issues, no team is not only going to pay him that $6m per AND give up a big package for him. Given the financial demands will not drop upon a trade, I fully expect he won't garner the full value he could if he was signed for, say 5 years at $5m per. It's the same concept as trading for a guy that's a pending UFA... except he's worth a lot more than that.

I wouldn't put it past the Flyers to throw a big offer sheet at him. They already may have, for all we know, and it could be sitting around waiting for him to sign it. I wouldn't be surprised if they upped the offer now.

It's common sense, dude... nobody is going to expend a large amount of financial resources AND a large amount of human resources to acquire a guy who may or may not hit his potential and is unsigned.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
So now Couturier's on Subban's level? Based on what? Now third liners are as good as top pairing dmen?

I'm not overrating Subban, I'm simply saying he's worth much more than Couturier who's barely accomplished anything at the NHL level. Subban is probably in the tier just below Benn in terms of value. A dman who holds similar value would be McDonagh, both are in the 2nd tier of the best young defencemen in the league with the likes of Myers and Bogosian and a tier below Doughty, Karlsson and Pietrangelo. That's far more than Couturier who so far hasn't done anything. I'm not saying Couturier will never do anything, in fact, the idea of him and Galchenyuk as our 1st and 2nd line centers in the future is extremely interesting but I'd request more than him alone if Montreal is to trade Subban.
Couturier is a top young player, Subban has well. Your not getting more then Couturier thats for sure. But taking less is unaceptable has well.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
Couturier is a probable perennial Selke nomination now, he's easily worth more than Subban

Old
01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Subban is financially worth what his future potential is... which is as a first-pairing offensive d-man. But given the contract issues and his off the ice issues, no team is not only going to pay him that $6m per AND give up a big package for him. Given the financial demands will not drop upon a trade, I fully expect he won't garner the full value he could if he was signed for, say 5 years at $5m per. It's the same concept as trading for a guy that's a pending UFA... except he's worth a lot more than that.

I wouldn't put it past the Flyers to throw a big offer sheet at him. They already may have, for all we know, and it could be sitting around waiting for him to sign it. I wouldn't be surprised if they upped the offer now.

It's common sense, dude... nobody is going to expend a large amount of financial resources AND a large amount of human resources to acquire a guy who may or may not hit his potential and is unsigned.
It does not lower his value, cause the Habs can just sit him down till he accepts an offer. And if there is an offer sheet, they will just match it.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:55 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
Quote:

That's not what he said. You think anyone would give the Habs full value for an unsigned defenseman ansking for big bucks in a shortened season?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:55 PM
El Dandy*

Voracek + Mezaros/Grossmann

I know it's not Couturier or Schenn... but that is not gonna happen.

Don't like it? Take control and pay your players, Montreal. We will gladly give PK the money he is looking for (and then trade him a year after he signs the contract because.. well it's what we do!)

Quote:
It does not lower his value, cause the Habs can just sit him down till he accepts an offer. And if there is an offer sheet, they will just match it.
Remind us all why PK Subban is not playing for Montreal right now?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Couturier is a probable perennial Selke nomination now, he's easily worth more than Subban
Not more, equal value has Subban could become a Norris trophy winner at some point. Norris is worth more then Selke

Old
01-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
Voracek + Mezaros/Grossmann

I know it's not Couturier or Schenn... but that is not gonna happen.

Don't like it? Take control and pay your players, Montreal. We will gladly give PK the money he is looking for (and then trade him a year after he signs the contract because.. well it's what we do!)
Yeah you are good at overpaying players... . And no, crappy average players wont do it for Subban. the Habs are richer then the Flyers, so the money his not the issue, its not caving up to RFAs with no leverage.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
Quote:
Not more, equal value has Subban could become a Norris trophy winner at some point. Norris is worth more then Selke
Do you honeslty believe Couturier has the same value as Subban? Like for real believe?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:58 PM
FadeToBlack

Quote:

It does lower his value, what planet are you living on? Someone could tender him 5 years, 35 mill and I doubt the habs match, and all they would get are picks back. No roster players, no prospects, just a bunch of draft picks that will hopefully pan out.

$53m committed to 16 players next year, with the cap projected to be at what? $63m or something next season? 3 million to fill out your roster, lol, good luck with that.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Couturier is a top young player, Subban has well. Your not getting more then Couturier thats for sure. But taking less is unaceptable has well.
No Couturier isn't a top young player at all. 27pts doesn't cut it, no matter how good your defense is. When his game will have grown, he'll be a considered in the upper echelons of the best young forwards with the Halls and Seguins. He isn't on that level just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
That's not what he said. You think anyone would give the Habs full value for an unsigned defenseman ansking for big bucks in a shortened season?
I keep hearing he doesn't like the term rather than the money.

Quote:
I think he was being sarcastic...at least I hope he was.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:

It does lower his value, what planet are you living on? Someone could tender him 5 years, 35 mill and I doubt the habs match, and all they would get are picks back. No roster players, no prospects, just a bunch of draft picks that will hopefully pan out.

$53m committed to 16 players next year, with the cap projected to be at what? $63m or something next season? 3 million to fill out your roster, lol, good luck with that.
LOL the Flyers are poorer then the Habs, they will match i guarantee it.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
No Couturier isn't a top young player at all. 27pts doesn't cut it, no matter how good your defense is. When his game will have grown, he'll be a considered in the upper echelons of the best young forwards with the Halls and Seguins. He isn't on that level just yet.
LOl the way you talk about Couturier tells me you havent watch him played last year has an 18 year old. He will be a stud.

Closed Thread