HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 500
Anyone in this thread saying Neal+ or Letang+ is seriously overrating Subban in comparison to those two. That's nowhere near value for Pittsburgh.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
I agree. They should leave it at Subban for Bogosian. I would even go as far as giving a second and a prospect to make it happen. Whatever slight edge Subban would carry would be easily replaced with the intangibles that both bring to the table.
If u ask me to choose between both I take subban 10 time out of 10 !!

Old
01-19-2013, 10:53 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Value is fair because Kane is younger than Plekanec and Gionta. But please, Subban >> Bogosian, by a fair margin too. Even if Subban were to have already hit his full potential, he's a 2-way physical #1 defensmen that makes any team better, you can't say that about Bogosian right now.
When Markov is healthy, he's not your number one and he wouldn't be on the Jets.

Bogosian can be just as physical, and put up better offensive numbers last year with less PP time. It's very close, but I prefer Bogosian's game a little. He's bigger and is growing into his frame.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
That would certainly be intriguing: Jets would end up with Enstrom, Byfuglien, Bogosian, Subban and (eventually) Trouba. I think you could argue that that would be one of, if not the best bluelines in the league. Amount of cap devoted defense would be a problem though.

I love Subban's game - I seriously doubt any trade for him happens. I hope the Habs are able to lock him up soon. Similarly, Kane just signed a very reasonable long-term contract with the Jets, and I doubt he gets moved either.

I guess both teams would not do it because losing them would create a hole in their position. Let's face it Subban is probably the Habs' most important D man and Kane is the futur of the Jets' forwards, they hold all their promesses on his shoulders. But I think one for another is almost fair value.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
So Subban wants to be paid, and paid big, and is having trouble making a deal in Montreal, but the Pens who have two of the bigger contracts in the NHL want to wade into that? The Pens have Letang's and Malkin's contract coming up as well. Honestly I can not see where this makes sense.
Well, they did pursue Parise and Suter in the off-season...

Old
01-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Fizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBeerGeek View Post
If you aren't going to be serious, why not just ask for Crosby, Malkin, and a 1st?
Subban has a higher ceiling then Letang, he is younger, can get in now and replace Letang and match pretty much everything he does even out perform him...

Basically, i think that Letang's status is a bit overhyped by the fact that he plays with a couple od 100 pts+ guys on his roster...

You put Subban in that situation an he produces at a Letang like pace !

And COME ON,

Depres, Harrington and a 1rst(25-30)

How does that help the Habs ATM?? Considering the fact that they are in the same conference and that the habs will see subban 6 times per year in a 82 games year. It would take WAY more then this offer for this to be possible!!!

My point is if you want Subban now, you got to give back something that can replace him in the habs roster NOW, not in 2-3 years.. and the only way that can be done is by overpayment!

I guess i was asking a lot by adding a 2nd rounder, but your asking the habs, a team with a very shallow defense either on roster or in the depth charts, to trade their 1rst D against two prospects and a low 1rst.... Not going to work unless you offer something that can replace Subban's ice time and counter balance the fact that the habs will have to face a PIT super squad 6 times per seasons...

So,

habs needs + same conference factor = Letang is the only way this deal gets done from a habs POV !

Old
01-19-2013, 11:02 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I guess both teams would not do it because losing them would create a hole in their position. Let's face it Subban is probably the Habs' most important D man and Kane is the futur of the Jets' forwards, they hold all their promesses on his shoulders. But I think one for another is almost fair value.
Agreed. The Jets forward group is pretty weak sans Kane and the Habs blue line takes a big hit without Subban.
Subban for Bogosian may be fair value, but seems like a lateral move to me. I realize Subban is solid defensively, but the Jets have a guy who plays a similar style in Buff.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
that's the first name that came to my mind when i saw the thread.

Neal+ for Subban

Neal proved that he could produce with an elite level center.

Subban is already a top pairing defenceman.

Basically, I do not see a deal happening between the 2 teams.
I don't see a deal happening period between any teams.

MTL would want the world for Subban and rightfully so given his skill set.

Other teams wouldn't give the world for him (despite his skill set) because he is a lockeroom cancer.

01-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzz View Post
Subban has a higher ceiling then Letang, he is younger, can get in now and replace Letang and match pretty much everything he does even out perform him...

Basically, i think that Letang's status is a bit overhyped by the fact that he plays with a couple od 100 pts+ guys on his roster...

You put Subban in that situation an he produces at a Letang like pace !

And COME ON,

Depres, Harrington and a 1rst(25-30)

How does that help the Habs ATM?? Considering the fact that they are in the same conference and that the habs will see subban 6 times per year in a 82 games year. It would take WAY more then this offer for this to be possible!!!

My point is if you want Subban now, you got to give back something that can replace him in the habs roster NOW, not in 2-3 years.. and the only way that can be done is by overpayment!

I guess i was asking a lot by adding a 2nd rounder, but your asking the habs, a team with a very shallow defense either on roster or in the depth charts, to trade their 1rst D against two prospects and a low 1rst.... Not going to work unless you offer something that can replace Subban's ice time and counter balance the fact that the habs will have to face a PIT super squad 6 times per seasons...

So,

habs needs + same conference factor = Letang is the only way this deal gets done from a habs POV !
I really hope that was a thinly veiled attempt at trolling.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Fizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
So Subban wants to be paid, and paid big, and is having trouble making a deal in Montreal, but the Pens who have two of the bigger contracts in the NHL want to wade into that? The Pens have Letang's and Malkin's contract coming up as well. Honestly I can not see where this makes sense.
This can all be done by buying out Martin and replacing him by a prospect(Depres or Harrington). You get about a 4 millions economy there! So you got enough to sign Subban short term and win another Stanley Cup... I doubt Letang want's that much of a raise since he will want to stay put in PITT to win stanleys...

Geno is getting payed enough as it is so no raise needed!

Old
01-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Easy NO from the habs... does anyone watch tv? haven't you heard THAT HE WILL NOT BE TRADED and on this site there is just trade after trade after trade..etc. I mean he's not being dealt and there is not enough to get P.K there he is worth a lot more to us then to other teams and it's pretty clear....please stop with these fantasy proposals HE'S NOT GOING TO BE TRADED!!!
Well we Sharks fans didn't propose the trade. We rather have Demers and Vlasic anyway since they are more important to our success.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:09 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 320
With all the Subban trade threads going on at once maybe they should make an "All Subban Talk" thread similarly to Luongo. That way Habs fans won't have to jump around as much

Old
01-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Fizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I really hope that was a thinly veiled attempt at trolling.
I taught this whole thread was TBH. If you guys think we are giving you subban for anything less, you are delusional !

Old
01-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Fizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
I don't see a deal happening period between any teams.

MTL would want the world for Subban and rightfully so given his skill set.

Other teams wouldn't give the world for him (despite his skill set) because he is a lockeroom cancer.

Well said, Sir !

Although the Cancer talks are a bit blown out of proportion!

Old
01-19-2013, 11:13 AM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

I had a dream last night after reading this thread that Subban actually went to Pittsburgh. I can't remember if at all he was traded for but it was realistic and weird.

That being said, I highly doubt they would want anything less than Niskanen, Sutter, a prospect, and a 1st round pick.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Fizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
With all the Subban trade threads going on at once maybe they should make an "All Subban Talk" thread similarly to Luongo. That way Habs fans won't have to jump around as much
Would not be as much FUN!!

Old
01-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Fizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Well we Sharks fans didn't propose the trade. We rather have Demers and Vlasic anyway since they are more important to our success.
Success????????

Old
01-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Fizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cradorium View Post
To : Vlasic+Demers

To : Subban+Weber

Thoughts?
I counter that with:

Subban+Weber

against

Vlasic+Murray+ a random goalie prospect

TBH you'r offer is the most realistic i have seen for Subban on the HF boards!

+ 1000 for you

Old
01-19-2013, 11:37 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Agree - creates holes for both teams that would be difficult to fill. Also agree that value is very close - was an interesting proposal, even if I wouldn't do it myself personally.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:41 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Don't give up hope yet. We may just find the right proposal where will get a solid young defenceman or solid forward that allows us to make another trade to shore up the defence. Don't give up.
You're cute. I already stated that I would not discuss Subban with you due to your obvious bias against him, but hope on little fella. Hope your little heart out.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 691
Counter offer

Couture for Subban

Old
01-19-2013, 11:53 AM
lamp9post

Regardless of value, I would not want to send Subban to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is already a superior young team to the habs, why make them even better by sending them our best young defenseman?

Old
01-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Halifaxhab*

It is amazing how many other fanbases try and trade for a player that 99% of other fans say is a locker room cancer, immature, nothing but issues, a massive ego....etc, etc

As to the OP, it is one of the better offers, but I personally would rather keep him or trade him for another young star if I were to trade him at all

Old
01-19-2013, 11:59 AM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
You're cute. I already stated that I would not discuss Subban with you due to your obvious bias against him, but hope on little fella. Hope your little heart out.
I will keep hoping. I guess since we won't have subban in the line-up tonite we may as well forfeit the two points.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:05 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Do you think a GM is goin to overpay to get him because that's what it will take a huge overpayment and everyone knows it.... I mean Montreal fans would riot if they traded PK He is a bu fan Favourite.
Montreal fans would riot. You can't really be serious. Our club finished dead last in the east last year so i highly doubt anyone's untouchable. Price would be it if there is.

Closed Thread