HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Dr. Charles

vCash: 500
Patrick Eaves still plays hockey?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Frank Drebin
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggy35 View Post
personally i dont even like either of these teams so i dont really care
thanks for posting

Old
01-19-2013, 02:23 PM
TatarTangle

As a Detroit fan this is way off base. Detroit would have to add a lot more. Think Smith + Tatar + pick to start any trade for an elite defenseman or top 6

Old
01-19-2013, 02:32 PM
CHill Seeker

oh look another subban trade proposal. habs say no ****ing way to this

Old
01-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Look at games played, and the offensive opportunities that each had.
Subban played on the second worst team in the league and still Finnish in the + and he still put up decent point ... Subban is superior to bogo in every situation ... U can look at what ever number u want.. Bogo is good but come on !! Don't overrate the fact he got drafted 3 overall !!

Old
01-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Look at games played, and the offensive opportunities that each had.
Or watch games. Subban is better defensively and offensively right now and has way more responsibility considering he plays on a worse D.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:37 PM
InjuredChoker

Why would Montreal want Smith? The guy is 24 in few weeks and not even NHL regular yet because he hasn't been able to crack the roster of the team that is known for rushing prospects. Talk about bust. Even Gomez had more value.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:38 PM
InjuredChoker

As for the proposal Detroit says hell yeah.. and Montrel says hell no. Subban is not going to be traded barring ridiculous overpayment.. and this isn't one.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Vatican Roulette
Detroit Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Why would Montreal want Smith? The guy is 24 in few weeks and not even NHL regular yet because he hasn't been able to crack the roster of the team that is known for rushing prospects. Talk about bust. Even Gomez had more value.
^(for those people who didn't get it)

Also, not a big fan of Subban, rather not trade the assets to get him, or welcome the payday he would require.

From a pure money standpoint, rather have Smith, leaves more flexibility in the cap.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Per some posts in the myriad Subban trade threads, I thought it was time to start this. And shut down the rest. Habs have stated they aren't trading Subban, but of course things change, and as time drags on, who knows, so there will always be proposals... modeled on the Luongo all-purpose thread...

Old
01-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Fizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
you and almost all of HFBoards seem to insist that Paul Martin's season last year was indicative of how he's always played in the NHL. last year was about as much of an off year for him as any defenseman in the NHL can have.

buying him out at this point means that the Pens have to move Lovejoy into the top 6, which would hurt more than having Martin.

also, you don't understand how NHL teams and contracts work if you think Malkin AND Letang are going to make any less than they have on their previous contracts. if anything, Letang and Malkin played themselves into gigantic raises (on any other team, maybe Malkin about $10M per year, Letang about $5-6M per year).
I should of point out that i meant buy out martin when you need to resign letang or geno.... my bad !

Old
01-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Per some posts in the myriad Subban trade threads, I thought it was time to start this. And shut down the rest. Habs have stated they aren't trading Subban, but of course things change, and as time drags on, who knows, so there will always be proposals... modeled on the Luongo all-purpose thread...
You do not want this my freind.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
You do not want this my freind.
Ha, well, modeled on the fact that there is an all-purpose thread instead of 10 separate PK threads on the first page of the forum, anyway, hopefully not modeled on some of the contents therein...

Old
01-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
so no more thread about subban

do you know that he havent sign his contract and this is normal if we speak about it ?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
so no more thread about subban

do you know that he havent sign his contract and this is normal if we speak about it ?
So speak about it. Right here...

Old
01-19-2013, 02:54 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

The pressure will be applied on either side of the negotiation table depending on whether the team is winning or not. Does that make sense?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
The pressure will be applied on either side of the negotiation table depending on whether the team is winning or not. Does that make sense?
Some pressure, anyway. It seems like there is an ideology at play with both camps, however, that may make what happens on the ice immaterial. Maybe the pressure will only really be fan/media pressure, and the Habs/player may choose not to feel it.

If the Habs lose, that is somewhat expected anyway, and if they have a healthy defense which isn't exactly the biggest factor in the losses, that's different than if they get decimated by injuries again and the losses do seem to be directly attributable to having a patchwork D again.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:08 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Some pressure, anyway. It seems like there is an ideology at play with both camps, however, that may make what happens on the ice immaterial. Maybe the pressure will only really be fan/media pressure, and the Habs/player may choose not to feel it.

If the Habs lose, that is somewhat expected anyway, and if they have a healthy defense which isn't exactly the biggest factor in the losses, that's different than if they get decimated by injuries again and the losses do seem to be directly attributable to having a patchwork D again.
Pressure from fan/media is the only real pressure. They are the customers and there's no alternate revenue streams in this business AFAIK. The team can't ignore the customers for too long, specially if they are losing.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Chacal667

if subban sign after 15 games, don't think that he will save the club cuz he will miss a lot of synchronism

Old
01-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Numbers

After Edler signing 5mil for 6 years, it really hurts PK's leverage. Edler is better at this point and was an upcoming UFA. Also Del Zotto only getting 2.5. PK should be looking at max 4-4.5 per year with these comparables.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Subban played on the second worst team in the league and still Finnish in the + and he still put up decent point ... Subban is superior to bogo in every situation ... U can look at what ever number u want.. Bogo is good but come on !! Don't overrate the fact he got drafted 3 overall !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Or watch games. Subban is better defensively and offensively right now and has way more responsibility considering he plays on a worse D.
The Jets wouldn't trade Bogo for Subban, and the Habs wouldn't trade Subban for Bogo.

Curious how that's not good enough for some Habs fans in this thread who feel the need to beat the Subban is better than Bogosian drum.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:12 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
As a habs fan I have to disagree with that. Both guys have had their growing pains. Both guys log 24 mins a game, both guys can hit like mack trucks, both guys play big minutes against the other teams best. Bogosian had .46 pts per game last year and Subban had .44 pts per game. Both players are fan favorites. Both guys have absolute bombs from the point. What else, both guys are 23, big Bogosian 6-3 215 and Subban 6-0 205. Oh i forgot, one guy may have issues where he doesn't get along well with others, ( fought with four teammates ), leads the league in stupid penalties for two years running, and seems to enjoy being in the spotlight a lot. Ill let you guess which.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Detroit is known for rushing prospects? Oh please tell me this is a joke, pretty please tell me you know this little about the NHL

Old
01-19-2013, 04:48 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
^(for those people who didn't get it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Detroit is known for rushing prospects? Oh please tell me this is a joke, pretty please tell me you know this little about the NHL
You missed that post below me; yes I wasn't serious, I'm a Wings fan .

Old
01-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Layne Staley

Is Ryan Murray worth PK Subban? Or vice versa? If Montreal trades Subban I'm sure they would want a young dman with a similar ceiling. Columbus could use a player already capable of anchoring a D core.

Closed Thread