HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Salary Cap Pool Help

Old
01-19-2013, 04:21 PM
mattkaz

vCash: 500
Salary Cap Pool Help

I'm hoping to get some advice on an office salary cap pool I'm in. It's very simple -- every point scored is 1 point in the pool for all forwards (12) and defensemen (6). There is one goalie Points are earned for wins and shutouts (don't remember the exact values here). Finally, there is an enforcer slot -- 1 point for every 5 PIM and 1 point for every 5 pts. The salary cap is the real NHL cap of 69M and the largest salary doesn't count towards the total.

I'm thinking the best strategy here is to load up on forwards and cheap out on defensemen and goalie. Ultimately, forwards are the top point producers and it is easy to find defensemen who can chip in 40 points with a lower salary. There are also plenty of cheap goalies who will get wins.

SO with all that in mind, a few questions:

-Does my strategy make sense?
-Can anyone suggest some lower cost defensemen/goalies that will produce?
-Who would you use the franchise tag on (player that doesnt count against the cap)? I was thinking Stamkos as I'm a little hesitant to take Crosby.
-Who would you pick as an enforcer? I was leaning towards Scott Hartnell (good combination of pts and PIM)

Thanks in advance for any help!

mattkaz is offline   Reply With Quote