HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Holders

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2013, 04:30 PM
  #1
hoowaa
Registered User
 
hoowaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
2012-13 Ticket Holders

Searched and found no thread related to Jets season ticket holders and their intentions when the lockout is lifted.

I have one full seat in section 321 - great seat with TV like sight-lines.

Regardless, of what happens now with NHL/NHLPA in terms of this season, I will not be attending 2012-13 regular season NHL games this season - both sides can officially kiss my posterior due to the consideration fans received from both entities in this process.

I intend to put up the lot of as a package the minute the schedule is announced for face value on Kijiji. If they make the playoffs, Iíll consider attending those games as it will be on my own terms at that time.

What are your intentions ?

hoowaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:43 PM
  #2
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,868
vCash: 500
I think your nuts. Im going to all my games and can't wait for them to start. Im pissed too but understand its all about business. I can't wait to see my Jets play live again and after waiting 15 years to see NHL again I will never turn my back on the Jets! Last year was an awesome winter cause of the Jets and Im thankful to Chipman for all TNSE has done to bring them back, not going to games seems childish to me.

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 05:42 PM
  #3
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
If I had tickets I wouldnt be going. I am not even getting the Jets channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
I think your nuts. Im going to all my games and can't wait for them to start. Im pissed too but understand its all about business. I can't wait to see my Jets play live again and after waiting 15 years to see NHL again I will never turn my back on the Jets! Last year was an awesome winter cause of the Jets and Im thankful to Chipman for all TNSE has done to bring them back, not going to games seems childish to me.
Disagree.
What the NHL and NHLPA are doing is childish

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 05:57 PM
  #4
bodybreak
We're Back!
 
bodybreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Talked to my group about the "fan lockout" that was organized by some folks in California I believe. Bob McKenzie tweeted their video about it. In the video, there were fans of several different teams, living in different cities saying the fan lockout would come into effect if NHL lockout continued past Dec. ?? (15th maybe, or 21st are the two dates jumping into my head)...

The idea was that for every game their team missed past that date, the fans would not go to that same number of games, nor would they watch the games on TV or purchase merchandise during that time.

My group was not interested in trying this, as they believed that if we sold our tickets back to the Jets, they would quickly be snapped up as single game tickets, and at a higher price, possibly leading to more money for the NHL / NHLPA (I'm not sure if ticket revenue in that case stays with the team or what might happen with it).

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 05:59 PM
  #5
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,439
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
If I had tickets I wouldnt be going. I am not even getting the Jets channel.



Disagree.
What the NHL and NHLPA are doing is childish
Aren't they mutually exclusive? Can't not both be true?
TBH, I'm among the opinion of anyone who boycott's to make a statement in regards to this lockout is foolish. The only people that would really be of any consequence are the people who are truly leaving the sport all together and permanently, and I think they will be replaced in time.
No worries or harm done to owners or players in the end.

Some of my faves:



Last edited by garret9: 01-03-2013 at 06:04 PM.
garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:04 PM
  #6
Jaffray15
Registered User
 
Jaffray15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
I think your nuts. Im going to all my games and can't wait for them to start. Im pissed too but understand its all about business. I can't wait to see my Jets play live again and after waiting 15 years to see NHL again I will never turn my back on the Jets! Last year was an awesome winter cause of the Jets and Im thankful to Chipman for all TNSE has done to bring them back, not going to games seems childish to me.
(Thumbs Up) 1 person likes this post

LOL

Jaffray15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
  #7
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
If people keep crawling back to the nhl, they will never learn.
They will charge you more and more, and will continuously treat you like ****.

Who would want to intentionally put themselves through that?

The 04 lockout was about cost certanty and trying to fix something that was really broken
Now it's about spoiled children arguing over money that isnt theirs

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:21 PM
  #8
Jaffray15
Registered User
 
Jaffray15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Anyone who wants to give their tickets to me at a cheap price, who is 'boycotting' the league, feel free to PM me... lol

Jaffray15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:35 PM
  #9
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor
 
wpgsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,124
vCash: 580
I plan on going to every game. The boycott makes no sense to me. Especially if someone will be attending the game in your place (if your boycott involved not going and not selling your seat at least TNSE would lose out of concession revenue.) The ONLY one who loses when people boycott is the person boycotting.
I've expanded on this in the past so I'll stop, but frankly I think boycotting is stupid, and effectively cutting off your nose to spite your face.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:36 PM
  #10
hoowaa
Registered User
 
hoowaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
It's not a boycott.

Do I think my move impacts the NHL or NHLPA in any fashion? Not in our market.

Will my personal hard earned money go to either the NHL or NHL players in a shortened year ? No. A shortened year is worth far far less than a full year, I just won't pay them full dollar it, someone else can though.

I do fully expect TNSE to be polling us season ticket holders about our attendance, just as they did last year - they will at least be armed with some information for the future when sellouts aren't baked in.

Will I cheer my team as I watch every game on TV ? Yes, with my hard earned money waiting to pay on my own terms.

hoowaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:39 PM
  #11
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 17,234
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
If people keep crawling back to the nhl, they will never learn.
They will charge you more and more, and will continuously treat you like ****.

Who would want to intentionally put themselves through that?

The 04 lockout was about cost certanty and trying to fix something that was really broken
Now it's about spoiled children arguing over money that isnt theirs
I disagree. I see Gary Bettman trying to make the small market teams viable. The Jets might not need his help at this very moment, but if times ever get tough we will be thankful that he got a true 50/50 split and contract restrictions.

I don't care if I come off totally pro owner, but the players have gotten too much for too long while too many of the guys who make this league actually exist lose money. If it's one or 2 unhealthy franchises, you can say its the owners or poor location. when a third or more are losing money you have to look at costs and when players are getting more than half it's easy to see what's wrong.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:23 PM
  #12
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!
 
Back in the Bigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
as much as this lockout has pissed me off, I still hope a deal gets done....but it still wouldn't surprise me if the dumb **** players manage to get the season cancelled

....but assuming there's an eleventh hour deal next Friday, I'll be back!
I have a third of 2 seats, and I CAN'T WAIT to see my 8 home games at MTS Centre and I'll watch all the rest in glorious HD Jets TV

Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:57 PM
  #13
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 50
Are we all upset that there is no NHL this year? Yes. Should we be? Yes. But if you look at the long term, this lockout maybe a good thing for the jets. With the new CBA, costs will be cut and it will be at 50-50, this gives the Jets long term stable ability and make sure they put out a competive team. And also this gives the young players an extra year to get ready and it gives Bogo time to fully heal.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:26 PM
  #14
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,866
vCash: 50
I respect the opinions, sentiment, and actions of those who are done. Professional sports lock outs, strikes, and work stoppages are a slap in the face to the people who pay the bills. Collectively they are treating their customers like $&&@ and deserve whatever fait falls upon them.

However on a personal level Chipman said the last lockout that brought in the salary cap made it possible for our city to get a team back. This lockout, although ugly, is step 2 on a continuing path to ensure we can afford to have a team remain in Winnipeg long term and compete for the Stanley cup. The fight although grotesque is a nessesary evil for the City I love. TNSE stepped up and put their money on the line to bring the NHL back to Winnipeg. I am not only in for this year but I am in for as long as I live and can afford it. I am mad at the league and the players but I love our owners and the game. I look forward to growing old and making memories with my friends and family at the MTS centre.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:34 PM
  #15
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I respect the opinions, sentiment, and actions of those who are done. Professional sports lock outs, strikes, and work stoppages are a slap in the face to the people who pay the bills. Collectively they are treating their customers like $&&@ and deserve whatever fait falls upon them.

However on a personal level Chipman said the last lockout that brought in the salary cap made it possible for our city to get a team back. This lockout, although ugly, is step 2 on a continuing path to ensure we can afford to have a team remain in Winnipeg long term and compete for the Stanley cup. The fight although grotesque is a nessesary evil for the City I love. TNSE stepped up and put their money on the line to bring the NHL back to Winnipeg. I am not only in for this year but I am in for as long as I live and can afford it. I am mad at the league and the players but I love our owners and the game. I look forward to growing old and making memories with my friends and family at the MTS centre.
Booya on the pootos, whatever that means. Well said!

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:04 PM
  #16
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,314
vCash: 495
I will go to my games.

The lockout saved me money.

I really don't understand being upset either. We aren't born entitled to a specific allotment of NHL hockey.

I enjoy the game and I enjoy being qt the games. That is what I pay for.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:20 PM
  #17
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 50
If you're selling tickets I wouldn't mind going to a few games

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:54 PM
  #18
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor
 
wpgsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,124
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I respect the opinions, sentiment, and actions of those who are done. Professional sports lock outs, strikes, and work stoppages are a slap in the face to the people who pay the bills. Collectively they are treating their customers like $&&@ and deserve whatever fait falls upon them.

However on a personal level Chipman said the last lockout that brought in the salary cap made it possible for our city to get a team back. This lockout, although ugly, is step 2 on a continuing path to ensure we can afford to have a team remain in Winnipeg long term and compete for the Stanley cup. The fight although grotesque is a nessesary evil for the City I love. TNSE stepped up and put their money on the line to bring the NHL back to Winnipeg. I am not only in for this year but I am in for as long as I live and can afford it. I am mad at the league and the players but I love our owners and the game. I look forward to growing old and making memories with my friends and family at the MTS centre.
Well said sir.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 10:08 PM
  #19
s1g
Registered User
 
s1g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoowaa View Post
Searched and found no thread related to Jets season ticket holders and their intentions when the lockout is lifted.

I have one full seat in section 321 - great seat with TV like sight-lines.

Regardless, of what happens now with NHL/NHLPA in terms of this season, I will not be attending 2012-13 regular season NHL games this season - both sides can officially kiss my posterior due to the consideration fans received from both entities in this process.

I intend to put up the lot of as a package the minute the schedule is announced for face value on Kijiji. If they make the playoffs, Iíll consider attending those games as it will be on my own terms at that time.

What are your intentions ?
Your best bet would be to attend the games, but not buy any food or drink. Minimize the money they make off of you. They already have your season ticket money. Might as well minimize the money they make off you. If you need a drink, just go to Tavern United in between periods for beer. Cheaper too.

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 10:56 PM
  #20
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoowaa View Post
Searched and found no thread related to Jets season ticket holders and their intentions when the lockout is lifted.

I have one full seat in section 321 - great seat with TV like sight-lines.

Regardless, of what happens now with NHL/NHLPA in terms of this season, I will not be attending 2012-13 regular season NHL games this season - both sides can officially kiss my posterior due to the consideration fans received from both entities in this process.

I intend to put up the lot of as a package the minute the schedule is announced for face value on Kijiji. If they make the playoffs, I’ll consider attending those games as it will be on my own terms at that time.



What are your intentions ?

Amen, if the NHL comes back this season we need a FANS revolt and boycott to show the NHLPA, owners and NHL that fans have rights too.

To me, even starting the season this late is meaningless. Records, stats. and everything else is just meaningless. The NHL is already talking about an extra four teams making the playoffs. You've got guys who haven't played in 9 months, guys that have played a little and guys who are already banged up playing in Europe, what kind of product do you think you will have on the ice with a shortened training camps and no exhibition games.

But I will be back for the 2013-2014 season.


Last edited by sipowicz: 01-03-2013 at 11:01 PM.
sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:02 PM
  #21
mzappa
Jets fans in space
 
mzappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 50
I have season tickets (however long the season is), and plan to attend a large proportion of games. Although I have been enjoying the "Chipman dollars" refund every month. Always thought charging full price for preseason games was ridiculous. But happy to have tickets so no complaints.

Sorry @Jaffray15, no extras, and especially not at a cheap price!!

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:42 PM
  #22
Becel
I Hate Jamie Macoun
 
Becel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
I have season tickets (however long the season is), and plan to attend a large proportion of games. Although I have been enjoying the "Chipman dollars" refund every month. Always thought charging full price for preseason games was ridiculous. But happy to have tickets so no complaints.

Sorry @Jaffray15, no extras, and especially not at a cheap price!!
I'm pretty happy with not paying for preseason - if there is a season.

As far as going to games I am looking forward to it. I don't hold TrueNorth and the Jets responsible for this lockout at all. As for the players I am frustrated with them like many. Owners have all the risk while players are guaranteed millions - it's been said a hundred times I know. I don't see a need or have any desire to try to send a message to them though.

Like others have said this lockout will only help NHL hockey in Winnipeg in the long run. As much as the last lockout sucked, if it hadn't happened we wouldn't even have a team. Maybe this is the lockout that we can look back on and say if this one didn't happen we would have always been a small market team that was just happy to get into the playoffs rather than the Stanley Cup Champions of 2017(?) or something like that. Call me glass half full I guess...

Becel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:09 AM
  #23
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 500
My group will be there. I feel as though the leaked details of some of the new CBA stuff that has been apparently agreed upon is going to help the Jets long-term, and despite being more on the owners' side, I'll be looking forward to seeing Hainsey on the ice as well, at least for the remainder of the season.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 06:40 AM
  #24
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!
 
Back in the Bigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Amen, if the NHL comes back this season we need a FANS revolt and boycott to show the NHLPA, owners and NHL that fans have rights too.

To me, even starting the season this late is meaningless. Records, stats. and everything else is just meaningless. The NHL is already talking about an extra four teams making the playoffs. You've got guys who haven't played in 9 months, guys that have played a little and guys who are already banged up playing in Europe, what kind of product do you think you will have on the ice with a shortened training camps and no exhibition games.

But I will be back for the 2013-2014 season.
My concern is if this doesn't get settled in the next week, what guarantee is there that there will be something to be back for in October?


Last edited by Jet: 01-04-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:37 AM
  #25
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,386
vCash: 5949
There's no point to selling your tickets or even giving them away. They have your money if you're a season ticket holder. It'd work in some markets but not here. You'd be better off bringing a series of angry signs to hold up every game of the season.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.