HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Realignment: Did the CBA address this?

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 07:40 AM
The Right Price

vCash: 500
This has probably been put forward but I had a dream about this last night lo0l.

5 Divisons with 6 teams each.

Division Winners go into Playoff Pool A
Division Seconds go into Playoff Pool B
Division Thirds go into Playoff Pool C
Division Fourths go into a five team one-game round robin where the winner will be the sixth team in Playoff Pool C. This creates four extra games while the other post-season teams will receive some rest after the regular season.

Then make a fair bracket and choose the pairs by lottery and we end up with.

Pool A1 vs Pool C1
Pool A2 vs Pool C2
Pool A3 vs Pool C3
Pool A4 vs Pool C4
Pool A5 vs Pool C5
Pool B1 vs Pool B2
Pool B3 vs Pool B4
Pool B5 vs Pool C6

Old
01-29-2013, 07:43 AM
optimus2861

^^ That's kind of neat for an "outside the box" solution, though the league would probably never go for it due to the very real likelihood that the opening rounds of the playoffs would get filled with east-v-west matchups that play havoc with TV times.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Icedog2735

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
I still find it interesting that the NFL in one shot fixed virtually all of their alignment issues and radically restructured the league, but still didn't have the courage to take on the Dallas Cowboys; they left them in the NFC East rather than risk their ire by separating them from the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles.

Is there an equivalent "king of the hill" in the NHL who will not be moved/realigned come hell or high water? I suspect the strongest candidate is the Philadelphia Flyers. They seem strongly adamant that they will not be separated from the New York teams and from the Pittsburgh Penguins; they're the "glue" that holds the Atlantic division together. If you could figure out how to split the Flyers & Penguins, it creates some options.
I don't know, with a Phoenix move to Quebec, that the breaking up of the Flyers with some of the other Atlantic teams is the driver you are looking for. While I think the NHL and the teams in the Atlantic have extremely strong interests in keeping that division in tact, I would argue that Detroit's demand to be shuffled to the East somehow is going to be a greater driver of how realignment shapes up.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:13 AM
MNNumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Louis View Post
Assuming the Coyotes stay put and the six division format is kept (with no expansion):

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Northeast Division
• Boston
• Buffalo
• Montreal
• Ottawa
• Toronto

Atlantic Division
• New Jersey
• NY Islanders
• NY Rangers
• Philadelphia
• Pittsburgh

Southeast Division
• Carolina
• Florida
• Nashville
• Tampa Bay
• Washington

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central Division
• Chicago
• Columbus
• Dallas
• Detroit
• St. Louis

Northwest Division
• Calgary
• Edmonton
• Minnesota
• Vancouver
• Winnipeg

Pacific Division
• Anaheim
• Colorado
• Los Angeles
• Phoenix
• San Jose

This alignment does give the shaft to Minnesota, but alas what else can you do with the current geographical realities of the league.
Swap Vancouver for Colorado

Old
01-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Grudy0

Quote:
I still find it interesting that the NFL in one shot fixed virtually all of their alignment issues and radically restructured the league, but still didn't have the courage to take on the Dallas Cowboys; they left them in the NFC East rather than risk their ire by separating them from the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles.
But that is why the NFL is a different animal. There are 16 games in the season schedule, and travel isn't all that much of a concern. Keeping rivalries intact kept it simple, by moving out the perceived weak links out of other divisions and making new divisions from those leftovers.
Quote:
Is there an equivalent "king of the hill" in the NHL who will not be moved/realigned come hell or high water? I suspect the strongest candidate is the Philadelphia Flyers. They seem strongly adamant that they will not be separated from the New York teams and from the Pittsburgh Penguins; they're the "glue" that holds the Atlantic division together. If you could figure out how to split the Flyers & Penguins, it creates some options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog2735 View Post
I don't know, with a Phoenix move to Quebec, that the breaking up of the Flyers with some of the other Atlantic teams is the driver you are looking for. While I think the NHL and the teams in the Atlantic have extremely strong interests in keeping that division in tact, I would argue that Detroit's demand to be shuffled to the East somehow is going to be a greater driver of how realignment shapes up.
Finally the political angle...

1) the most tenured franchise owner is Ed Snider, Philadelphia Flyers. He carries a lot of weight simply because:
a) he is the most tenured franchise owner, and
b) he is directly related to Comcast and NBC, so he'd be a main driver for the NHL's nationa US television contract and many of the local Comcast Sportsnet regional contracts.
c) if Ed Snider wants to be in a division/conference with the New York teams and Pittsburgh, I'm fairly certain he'd get it.

2) the second most tenured franchise owner is Mike Illitch, Detroit Red Wings. He carries a lot of weight because:
a) the Red Wings have been very successful
b) the Red Wings (along with Columbus) are the only Eastern Time Zone teams in the Western Conference, where it appears both were promised some sort of benefit if they passed the six-division format 15 years ago.
c) the Red Wings (along with Columbus) have seen what moving from the Western to Eastern Conference has done to the television and sponsorship revenues for the Toronto Maple Leafs. If there's any wonder why those two no longer want to play 16 games two hours behind.

Just by looking at these two influential owner-governors one can see why the NHL approved the four-conference lineup.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
atticus

I don't buy the argument that Detroit or other Western Conference teams are against PHX from moving to QBC because of the scheduling/conference alignment issue. I mean, if you are Detroit, how can the alignment be any worse than it is now? Arguablly moving PHX east would force the league to do something, and any change is better than the current setup (from Detroit's and a few other western teams point of view).

What people don't understand is Detroit (and CBus) want to go east because they are at a competitive disadvantage in the post season, and fans regularly have to stay up until 1am to watch the end of their games. This is a major issue, not a minor one like Philly wanting to play NY and Pit more. Sure, the rivalries are important, but if say Philly were in the SE division sure the rivalries would not be as good as they are now, but they would not be at any competitive disadvantage in the playoffs due to jet lag issues, and all the games would still start at 7pm.

This is why Detroit or Columbus would gladly trade spots with Winnipeg under the current system, and play the less glamorous Florida teams over Chicago, St Louis, etc. Sure, playing more east coast teams in the regular season would be nice, but the jet lag issues in the playoffs and 1am end times are the real issue at hand. And that is the real 'issue' that many people don't seem to get.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:41 AM
MNNumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticus View Post
I don't buy the argument that Detroit or other Western Conference teams are against PHX from moving to QBC because of the scheduling/conference alignment issue. I mean, if you are Detroit, how can the alignment be any worse than it is now? Arguablly moving PHX east would force the league to do something, and any change is better than the current setup (from Detroit's and a few other western teams point of view).

What people don't understand is Detroit (and CBus) want to go east because they are at a competitive disadvantage in the post season, and fans regularly have to stay up until 1am to watch the end of their games. This is a major issue, not a minor one like Philly wanting to play NY and Pit more. Sure, the rivalries are important, but if say Philly were in the SE division sure the rivalries would not be as good as they are now, but they would not be at any competitive disadvantage in the playoffs due to jet lag issues, and all the games would still start at 7pm.

This is why Detroit or Columbus would gladly trade spots with Winnipeg under the current system, and play the less glamorous Florida teams over Chicago, St Louis, etc. Sure, playing more east coast teams in the regular season would be nice, but the jet lag issues in the playoffs and 1am end times are the real issue at hand. And that is the real 'issue' that many people don't seem to get.
Atticus - I follow you. But, I am not sure it is 'competitive disadvantage in the playoffs.' Both teams are flying across the country, right? I think it's "Media disadvantage in the playoffs."

And, I think it's really the Eastern teams whose world gets blown up if PHX moves to QUE. The west would more or less be fine:
PAC - Van, SJ, Col, Ana, LA
NW - Cal, Edm, Winn, Minn, Chi
Central - StL, Dal, Nash + 2 teams from ETZ. That's not bad.
It's the location of QUE that messes up the Tor/Buf/Ott/Mont/Bos division, and then takes down the Atlantic, too.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:51 AM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:

There are a few that approximate the Cowboys alignment in the NHL, but none that really fit the bill. I think the similar ones would be:
- Boston with the eastern Canadian teams, when it would seem that Detroit would be a better fit geographically (southern Ontario border city like Buffalo; and it would seem a more natural fit to have Boston with the NYC area teams.
- Pittsburgh, when geographically it seems a better fit in a Division with Buffalo, Columbus, Detroit,...
- Vancouver, maintaining a 3 Time Zone NW Division when Vancouver is a Pacific coast and Time Zone team.

The closest I believe, to the Cowboys alignment, is Boston, but still it's not really near the same.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:32 AM
atticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNumbers View Post
Atticus - I follow you. But, I am not sure it is 'competitive disadvantage in the playoffs.' Both teams are flying across the country, right? I think it's "Media disadvantage in the playoffs."

And, I think it's really the Eastern teams whose world gets blown up if PHX moves to QUE. The west would more or less be fine:
It's the location of QUE that messes up the Tor/Buf/Ott/Mont/Bos division, and then takes down the Atlantic, too.
It is a competitive disadvantage in the playoffs is that you may play a weekend 1pmET game in Detroit, and then a 10pmET night game two days later. The constant time zone shifting does affect your sleep and rest schedules for the players (and fans). Now for the first round, it's not as big of a deal because both teams suffer equally. But where it really comes into play is the subsequent series, should Detroit or Columbus advance. Because then Detroit or Columbus are now playing a team that did not have to endure the 3-hour jet lag between games.

Yes, having a few more regular season games against certain higher profile teams would be nice, as would having a few less 10pm starts in the regular season. But the real issue is being equal in the playoffs. And in the current Western conference setup, 8 of the 14 other teams are in the Mountain or Pacific time zone. Which for Det/Cbs means you have a 57% chance any given series will be at least a 2hr time zone difference (36% 3hr difference). If you take that one step farther, all else equal, if Det or Cbs make it to the second round , there is an 82% chance that at least one of their opponents will be 2+ time zones away (and quite possibly both).

By the time the conference finals happen, should you advance that far, Det an Cbs are definitely not in any sort of an advantageous situation for having endured the 3hr jet lag.

Last edited by atticus: 01-29-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old
01-29-2013, 10:55 AM
atticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNumbers View Post

It is a competitive disadvantage in the playoffs is that you may play a weekend 1pmET game in Detroit, and then a 10pmET night game two days later. The constant time zone shifting does affect your sleep and rest schedules for the players (and fans). Now for the first round, it's not as big of a deal because both teams suffer equally. But where it really comes into play is the subsequent series, should Detroit or Columbus advance. Because then Detroit or Columbus are now playing a team that did not have to endure the 3-hour jet lag between games.

Yes, having a few more regular season games against certain higher profile teams would be nice, as would having a few less 10pm starts in the regular season. But the real issue is being equal in the playoffs. And in the current Western conference setup, 8 of the 14 other teams are in the Mountain or Pacific time zone. Which for Det/Cbs means you have a 57% chance any given series will be at least a 2hr time zone difference (36% 3hr difference). If you take that one step farther, all else equal, if Det or Cbs make it to the second round , there is an 82% chance that one of their opponents will be 2+ time zones away (if not both).

Old
01-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Grudy0

Quote:
atticus, it's always about money...
Quote:
Yes, having a few more regular season games against certain higher profile teams would be nice, as would having a few less 10pm starts in the regular season.
Which means that instead of Detroit and Columbus basically playing:

41 home games (Eastern)
3 away games (Eastern - at Columbus or Detroit)
9 away games (Eastern - Eastern Conference opponents)
9 away games (Central - at Chicago, St. Louis and Nashville)
4 away games (Central - at Dallas, Minnesota)
6 away games (Mountain - at Colorado, Calgary, Edmonton)
2 away games (Mountain or Pacific - at Phoenix)
8 away games (Pacific - Vancouver, San Jose, Los Angeles, Anaheim)

Or summarized:
41 home
12 Eastern away
13 Central away
8 Mountain away
8 Pacific away

They'd basically be playing in the new alignment:
41 home
14 Eastern
19 divisional (Eastern or Central)
4 Mountain
4 Pacific

The added "bonus" of a strict, conference-based qualification would also mean the first round must be either in the Eastern or Central Time Zone for Det/Clb away games.

Now that television package to the local sports channel looks quite a bit better, and could generate a lot more money from not only the TV package, but also for sponsorships. That increase in money and sponsorsihps are exactly what happened to the Maple Leafs when they moved to the Eastern Conference.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
knorthern knight

vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
And if the Coyotes to Quebec City is taken off the table? And expansion isn't to happen for a few years.

This Jamison group isn't buying the Coyotes to move them to Quebec City; I don't think he has any associations with QC.
This Jamison group isn't buying the Coyotes...
TFIFY (There; Fixed It For You)

Old
01-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Louis View Post
Assuming the Coyotes stay put and the six division format is kept (with no expansion):

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Northeast Division
• Boston
• Buffalo
• Montreal
• Ottawa
• Toronto

Atlantic Division
• New Jersey
• NY Islanders
• NY Rangers
• Philadelphia
• Pittsburgh

Southeast Division
• Carolina
• Florida
• Nashville
• Tampa Bay
• Washington

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central Division
• Chicago
• Columbus
• Dallas
• Detroit
• St. Louis

Northwest Division
• Calgary
• Edmonton
• Minnesota
• Vancouver
• Winnipeg

Pacific Division
• Anaheim
• Colorado
• Los Angeles
• Phoenix
• San Jose

This alignment does give the shaft to Minnesota, but alas what else can you do with the current geographical realities of the league.
I doubt Nashville goes east over Columbus and Detroit, and I think many western teams will fight hard to keep Detroit. As for Minnesota, my realignment idea makes it easier on them and Dallas.

Eastern Conference:
Northeast: Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
Atlantic: New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
Southeast: Carolina, Columbus, Florida, Tampa Bay, Washington (yes, Columbus isn't in the southeastern U.S., but neither is Washington D.C.)

Western Conference:
Central: Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Nashville, St. Louis
Northwest: Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota, Winnipeg
Pacific: Anaheim, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

Old
01-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Agalloch

CONFERENCE A (8)
Anaheim Ducks
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers
Los Angeles Kings
Phoenix Coyotes
San Jose Sharks
Seattle (2015-2016)
Vancouver Canucks

CONFERENCE B (8)
Chicago Blackhawks
Colorado Avalanche
Dallas Stars
Detroit Red Wings
Minnesota Wild
Nashville Predators
St. Louis Blues
Winnipeg Jets

CONFERENCE C (8)
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Florida Panthers
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Québec (2015-2016)
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs

CONFERENCE D (8)
Carolina Hurricanes
Columbus Blue Jackets
New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Washington Capitals

Old
01-29-2013, 03:48 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
CONFERENCE A (8)
Anaheim Ducks
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers
Los Angeles Kings
Phoenix Coyotes
San Jose Sharks
Seattle (2015-2016)
Vancouver Canucks

CONFERENCE B (8)
Chicago Blackhawks
Colorado Avalanche
Dallas Stars
Detroit Red Wings
Minnesota Wild
Nashville Predators
St. Louis Blues
Winnipeg Jets

CONFERENCE C (8)
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Florida Panthers
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Québec (2015-2016)
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs

CONFERENCE D (8)
Carolina Hurricanes
Columbus Blue Jackets
New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Washington Capitals
Yes, in 2015-16 it will be okay to see that alignment, with the exception of the Florida teams being in Conference D and Columbus and Carolina being in Conference C.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
DyerMaker66

vCash: 425
Quote:
Yes, in 2015-16 it will be okay to see that alignment, with the exception of the Florida teams being in Conference D and Columbus and Carolina being in Conference C.
Why not switch the Florida teams with Pitt and Philly?

Old
01-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
I doubt Detroit and Colorado would like being in the same division though.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:37 PM
coolboarder

Realignment in case if Quebec City is relocated from Phoenix if the deal did not come to pass.

Eastern Conference:
Northeast Division: Boston, Montreal, Buffalo, Ottawa, Quebec City
Atlantic Division: NY Islanders, NY Rangers, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
Southeast Division: Florida, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Washington, Nashville

Western Conference:
Pacific Division: Vancouver, LA, San Jose, Anaheim, Colorado
Northwest Division: Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Minnesota, Dallas
Central Division: Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, Columbus, Toronto

A few things changed from the current format is that Winnipeg would join with northwest division and Dallas would have their 3 CTZ teams and 2 MTZ teams and is better than going to PTZ and their away game would be one hour starting at 8pm CST for any Albertan road trip.

Nashville would be the only CTZ in the eastern conference and is the closest distance to Carolina and two Florida teams.

Toronto would reunited with their old Norris foes and I think they would not mind having the Norris divisions back since they have their history with them. Only Minnesota is missing from the Norris and doesn't have any choice but to remains with Northwest division but it is still better than going to Vancouver for 3 PTZ divisional games.

I would also change the regular season format to 3 conference games for 30 games within the conference and another 30 games for inter-conference games and 20 divisional games for total of 80 games.

Divisional: 5 games x 4 teams = 20 games
Conference: 3 games x 10 teams = 30 games
Inter-conference: 2 games x 15 teams = 30 games

To balance the conference games and rotation for yearly:

Even Years
Central vs NW- Central, 2 home, 1 away - NW, 1 home, 2 away
NW vs Pacific- NW, 2 home, 1 away - Pacific, 1 home, 2 away
Pacific vs Central- Pacific, 2 home, 1 away - Central, 1 home, 2 away
SE vs NE- SE, 2 home, 1 away - NE, 1 home, 2 away
Atlantic vs SE- Atlantic, 2 home, 1 away - SE, 1 home, 2 away
NE vs Atlantic- NE, 2 home, 1 away - Atlantic, 1 home, 2 away

Odd Years
Central vs NW- Central, 1 home, 2 away - NW, 2 home, 1 away
NW vs Pacific- NW,1 home, 2 away - Pacific, 2 home, 1 away
Pacific vs Central- Pacific, 1 home, 2 away - Central, 2 home, 1 away
SE vs NE- SE, 1 home, 2 away - NE, 2 home, 1 away
Atlantic vs SE- Atlantic, 1 home, 2 away - SE, 2 home, 1 away
NE vs Atlantic- NE, 1 home, 2 away - Atlantic, 2 home, 1 away

Playoffs remains the same since 1993-94 season.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:39 PM
danishh

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
Why not switch the Florida teams with Pitt and Philly?
cant, ed snyder, dolan, et al will throw a hissyfit.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:12 PM
knorthern knight

vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
Realignment in case if Quebec City is relocated from Phoenix if the deal did not come to pass.

Eastern Conference:
Northeast Division: Boston, Montreal, Buffalo, Ottawa, Quebec City
Atlantic Division: NY Islanders, NY Rangers, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
Southeast Division: Florida, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Washington, Nashville

Western Conference:
Pacific Division: Vancouver, LA, San Jose, Anaheim, Colorado
Northwest Division: Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Minnesota, Dallas
Central Division: Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, Columbus, Toronto
Breaking up Toronto from Ottawa/Montreal/Quebec is going to cause just as big of a hissy fit as breaking up Philadelphia/Pittsburgh. And if Toronto has to play a ton of games on the west coast... fuggedaboutit. Your band-aid solution is a prime example of why a 6-division setup is a bad idea.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Bucky_Hoyt

For $h!ts and giggles, I’ll play

If PHX relocates to QUE and no 3TZ divisions

TB FLO NAS CAR WAS (CEN/EAS)

PIT PHI NYR NYI NJ (EAS)

BOS QUE MTL OTW TOR (EAS)

BUF CLM DET STL DAL (CEN/ EAS)

MIN WPG CHI EDM CGY (MTN/CEN)

VAN SJ LA ANA COL (PAC/MTN)

If PHX relocates to SEA or does not relocate and no 3TZ divisions

TB FLO NAS DAL STL (CEN/EAS)

WAS PIT PHI CLM CAR (EAS)

NYI NYR NJ BOS BUF (EAS)

MTL TOR OTW DET CHI (EAS/CEN)

MIN WPG COL EDM CGY (CEN/MTN)

VAN SEA/PHX SJ LA ANA (PAC/MTN)

Old
01-29-2013, 07:42 PM
DyerMaker66

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
cant, ed snyder, dolan, et al will throw a hissyfit.
But Snider still gets his biggest rival. Dolan gets all of his.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:58 PM
danishh

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
But Snider still gets his biggest rival. Dolan gets all of his.
they want them all, together.
and they'll get what they want.

heck, if they had their way, i'm sure they'd love to find a way to add boston or washington to the atlantic.

it's all about the TV ratings for them.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:10 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
I doubt Detroit and Colorado would like being in the same division though.
That is one particular problem with that Division, though I doubt it'd be big enough to cause much issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
they want them all, together.
and they'll get what they want.

heck, if they had their way, i'm sure they'd love to find a way to add boston or washington to the atlantic.

it's all about the TV ratings for them.
The argument for TV ratings is great and all, but it might be even better for the League if could spread those TV ratings around a bit more. If the Atlantic teams are such a draw in the US, it could serve other teams in the League to have more chance to play against those Atlantic teams. Imagine, for instance, how good it could be for the Florida teams and Columbus to be in a Division with some of those teams. But make it US oriented, don't be shoving the Florida teams down Montreal's throat, and vice versa.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:04 PM
MoreOrr
B4

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...expansion.html

Ok, so let's imagine that. So how would the alignment look then?

I'm still not seeing it though, especially if they were to put two new franchises in the same Division. And if they weren't to go in the same Division, one would have to think that it would be a temporary situation, for competition reasons, because QC should at least be with Montreal, and Tor2 or Hamilton should really be with Tor1.

Tor2 would be a huge money grab for expansion, but QC could possibly get a relocated team, and that way there wouldn't be two expansion teams in the same Division. But then, what happens if Phoenix or no other team gets put up for relocation? Of course though, another solution would be not to have QC-Montreal in the same Division with Tor2Ham-Tor1.

Closed Thread