HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 5, Kings 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Marotte Marauder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
- Kruger played a pretty impressive game tonight, and showed why many of us took such issue with the negativity spewed by many on this board. Made a couple excellent defensive plays and showed some offensive flair. Also looks bigger and faster than he did last year. Needs to work on face offs though, or to be put on a line with a winger who can take them
I gave the kid a few props based on what I saw. A nice move to spring Frolik on his goal. Nice back check to fill a lane and have a take away.

I also saw him owned at the dot, saw him down on the ice more than other player on either team and saw a couple of failed clearing attempts ( on his backhand-cringe) while on PK and a needless penalty.

There was also a big C missing for the Kings which helped his matchups.

Good game for the kid, let's hope he continues to improve.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:05 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Watching the game again right now with a little more leisure, and blaming Leddy on that first goal is just so far out of line I can't even comprehend. If you're going to blame Leddy on that goal you might as well blame Kopecky and Ed freaking Belfour too, because that's how far away he was from where things went wrong.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:10 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'm not seeing it, he was fine (solid) with a couple bad plays. Better than both bottom pairing Dmen, thats for sure.
Leddy was way better than odon'tya yesterday. Its really not even close. The only thing that saved oduya from being hands down the worst dman was how lost brookbank looked around our net all game until he finally decided to take out his own goalie.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:28 AM
xX Hot Fuss

I won't be posting in the GDTs this year I think. You guys are crazy.

Couldn't possibly be a more fun game to watch yesterday as a Hawks fan and 5 pages of complaints.

We beat the defending champs (sans Kopitar) who have the exact same roster as their cup team. We beat them bad. People forget it was 4-0 for most of that game.

You all need to learn to enjoy your sports team

Old
01-20-2013, 11:34 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I loved the game. Our studs were studs. Doesn't mean there isn't any flaws in the teams performance.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no complaints. Good game, looked like an easy win.
Sucks that Carbomb will miss some time.

I'd go
Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - Kane
Stalberg - Krüger - Frolik
Bickell - Shaw - Bollig

against the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It's alarming that Kruger only won 4 of his 13 faceoffs. It's going to be hard using him as the #3 center if he doesn't improve on that.
just asking... is there a stat that shows against whom he took those faceoffs? It's not bad to lose against Richards or Stoll. They are good at the dot.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:08 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

Couldn't possibly be a more fun game to watch yesterday as a Hawks fan and 5 pages of complaints.

We beat the defending champs (sans Kopitar) who have the exact same roster as their cup team. We beat them bad. People forget it was 4-0 for most of that game.

By all means, don't then. There were far more complaints reacting to other peoples post than negativity. Mostly centered around Crawford.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I loved the game. Our studs were studs. Doesn't mean there isn't any flaws in the teams performance.
Yeah, the team certainly does have its issues. It would be nice if people would actually take objective looks at said issues instead of the woe is us crap that always goes on. The manufactured outrage at Crawford on the first goal was absolutely asinine.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Leddy was way better than odon'tya yesterday. Its really not even close. The only thing that saved oduya from being hands down the worst dman was how lost brookbank looked around our net all game until he finally decided to take out his own goalie.
No, not at all. Leddy was worse, that was clear. All around our D had an OK game, but the bottom pair needs work.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:28 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Yeah, the team certainly does have its issues. It would be nice if people would actually take objective looks at said issues instead of the woe is us crap that always goes on. The manufactured outrage at Crawford on the first goal was absolutely asinine.
Crawford is going to receive criticism until he proves he can be consistent in net. Not putting the 1st goal on him, I thought he had time to get up on the 2nd goal. Other than that, he looked shaky at times in net. Not exactly comfortable and that concerns me.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:31 PM
cherrypik

Toews looked like he was in 2010 form owning the boards.
Kane stood out with his speed and sniping ability and was back checking. Ref laid him out though...
Hossa played like he was 5 years younger. His shot is was what I remember before the Hawks. High, hard and accurate. If he has that shot the whole year he'll get 30 goals.
Krueger played very well. Nice pass and backcheck to save an opportunity.
Frolik played his best game as a Hawk. Looks like his shot improved.
Carcillo played awesome in all areas. Too bad he got hurt.
Enjoyed Brookbank hip check. Last Hawk D man to throw one was Marchment. He should be fine as a bottom pair. I still like to see Roszival in the lineup.
Hammer looked really good early on.
Sharp looked slow and invisible but he usually starts off slow. Too much couch time?
Crawford really wasn't tested.

Just for chemisty reasons I flipped Saad and Stalberg. Might make sense to put Mayers in there for Saad for Faceoffs and put Shaw with Toews and Hossa.

Stalberg - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - Kane
Saad - Krüger - Frolik
Bickell - Shaw - Bollig

Old
01-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Crawford is going to receive criticism until he proves he can be consistent in net. Not putting the 1st goal on him, I thought he had time to get up on the 2nd goal. Other than that, he looked shaky at times in net. Not exactly comfortable and that concerns me.
I agree; he is going to get his fair share of criticism this season.

Goaltending will be a huge question mark this season, but it's not like we all didn't know that already.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:00 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Yep, on all points. They sit back, they're done.

Bollig has the physicality and Shaw a similar finesse.... but no one player on the roster can replace what Carcllo means to this team.
Similar finesse, lol. Carcillo isn't *that* bad.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:53 PM
TheSlovenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

Not true. The Kings best stay at home defenseman Willie Mitchell was not playing. He is probably more missed then Kopi.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:57 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlovenian View Post
Not true. The Kings best stay at home defenseman Willie Mitchell was not playing. He is probably more missed then Kopi.
That's ok, I don't think it mattered because it didn't look like most of the Kings were playing yesterday.

I agree with some of the above on Sharp. Some said he looked lost, and I disagree there- he just looked stiff to me, like he was trying to make the right plays but his joints wouldn't cooperate. Aging is a ***** amirite?

Old
01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
No, not at all. Leddy was worse, that was clear. All around our D had an OK game, but the bottom pair needs work.
that's just comical.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:33 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Did Leddy sleep with half of your sisters or something? After the playoffs one person started with this "Leddy is terrible" thing and it's just snowballed out from there.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:01 PM
TheSlovenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
That's ok, I don't think it mattered because it didn't look like most of the Kings were playing yesterday.

I agree with some of the above on Sharp. Some said he looked lost, and I disagree there- he just looked stiff to me, like he was trying to make the right plays but his joints wouldn't cooperate. Aging is a ***** amirite?
True .

Old
01-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post

I'd go
Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Bollig

against the Yotes

just asking... is there a stat that shows against whom he took those faceoffs? It's not bad to lose against Richards or Stoll. They are good at the dot.
I don't know where you could find that other than by re-watching the game. And I already deleted it from my dvr.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

yeah, I thought that this isn't an easy stat to find. Just would explain why is was THAT bad. He isn't good at faceoffs and likely never will be, but he isn't THAT bad. Losing against Stoll or Richards wouldn't be the end of the world. That's all I'm saying

Old
01-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I don't know where you could find that other than by re-watching the game. And I already deleted it from my dvr.
Quote:
yeah, I thought that this isn't an easy stat to find. Just would explain why is was THAT bad. He isn't good at faceoffs and likely never will be, but he isn't THAT bad. Losing against Stoll or Richards wouldn't be the end of the world. That's all I'm saying
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...3/FC020003.HTM

Here you go, and yes Kruger is THAT bad, because after he loses the draw he is typically face down on the ice and ineffective at covering the guy he just lost to.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:29 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Similar finesse, lol. Carcillo isn't *that* bad.
Yet another nonsensical post. Not that it matters.

Most will recognize that we have just lost a versatile forward with grit that will be hard to replace.. A month apparently. Could be worse but Carcillo can't buy a break since joining the Hawks.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:22 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post

Here you go, and yes Kruger is THAT bad, because after he loses the draw he is typically face down on the ice and ineffective at covering the guy he just lost to.
Wow, he was actually 50% against Richards.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:39 AM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.75 Men

Quote:

I'd go
Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Bollig

against the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post

Not that I'm defending Kruger or anything like that ( ) , but he did much better against Phoenix...http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...3/FC020019.HTM

Now if we can only get Bolland going at the dot...

Old
01-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Kruger has played pretty decent both games and looked really good on the PK. Stalberg fell on the ice several times but I guess that is OK because he is so big and massive and you don't have a hardon for him. It like to watch the game and notice the good and the bad. You just focus your hate for Kruger.

Closed Thread