HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Around the League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 02:35 PM
  #301
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
What kind of blackout restrictions are we talking?
This year might be different, since they Cable companies might want to give back to fans.

But don't expect to watch any Team that has a profitable cable company running the show.

Like Pens,Rangers,Boston,Sharks,Nucks, ETC they black out the games.

Last year during the second half, I couldn't watch a single game almost (sucky teams you could like NYI) without a 48 hour black out restriction.

So I was paying 150 Bucks for replay's..... Yah no thanks.


Last edited by damacles1156: 01-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.
damacles1156 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
  #302
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
This year might be different, since they Cable companies might want to give back to fans.

But don't expect to watch any Team that has a profitable cable company running the show.

Like Pens,Rangers,Boston,Sharks,Nucks, ETC they black out the games.

Last year during the second half, I couldn't watch a single game almost (sucky teams you could like NYI) without a 48 hour black out restriction.

So I was paying 150 Bucks for replay's..... Yah no thanks.
That is exactly it.

I also found the gamecenter streams would often cut in and out same as a free, mid-to-low quality feed.

Ollie Weeks is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:54 PM
  #303
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
This year might be different, since they Cable companies might want to give back to fans.

But don't expect to watch any Team that has a profitable cable company running the show.

Like Pens,Rangers,Boston,Sharks,Nucks, ETC they black out the games.

Last year during the second half, I couldn't watch a single game almost (sucky teams you could like NYI) without a 48 hour black out restriction.

So I was paying 150 Bucks for replay's..... Yah no thanks.
Wait, what? The only games that are blacked out are local teams and nationally televised games.

TwoForRoughing is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:31 PM
  #304
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,354
vCash: 500
St. Louis is an impressive team. They have fantastic forward depth, a good defense group, and 2 capable goalies. I'm still not completely sold on their goalies when their team struggles but they have all the pieces to make a run. And hopefully for their sake they make the run soon because it's only a matter of time before that team turns on Hitchcock.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:26 PM
  #305
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
Wait, what? The only games that are blacked out are local teams and nationally televised games.
Not with Center Ice or Game center. They put 48 hour restrictions on games that have own cable networks.

During the second half of last year you couldn't watch a Rangers game at all on the west coast. Unless it had been 48 hours after.

They must have a contract to blackout games with certain teams..

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:30 PM
  #306
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Not with Center Ice or Game center. They put 48 hour restrictions on games that have own cable networks.

During the second half of last year you couldn't watch a Rangers game at all on the west coast. Unless it had been 48 hours after.

They must have a contract to blackout games with certain teams..
That's not true with Center Ice. I've never had a blackout issue like you're referring to here and my family/I has/have had Center Ice for the last 10+ years.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:32 PM
  #307
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
That's not true with Center Ice. I've never had a blackout issue like you're referring to here and my family/I has/have had Center Ice for the last 10+ years.
Maybe it's just Game Center, but it seemed like I was paying an awful lot of money for most of the Games being blacked out.

So I stopped buying the package.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:25 AM
  #308
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,940
vCash: 500
Absolutely disgusting pass by Vanek


Jason Lewis is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:40 AM
  #309
Brad Doty
Moderator
System Goalie
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,219
vCash: 250
Oh wow. Beauty. Didn't know Vanek had vision like that for passing!

Brad Doty is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 04:17 PM
  #310
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger
 
drugold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane,
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 2,380
vCash: 500
that's not even vision. that's a 6th sense

drugold is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 04:47 PM
  #311
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 8,916
vCash: 500
Great pass but that isn't on the highlight reel if 39 has his stick on the ice like his peewee coach told him.

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
  #312
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,472
vCash: 500
Who to root against tonight between the Cryotes and the Guppies? San Jose for me. Despite last year's WCF, I'm still struggling to have that much hate for Phoenix.

EDIT: What the hell am I saying...the game happened last night. Never mind. But yeah, I would've been rooting for SJ to lose. But they won last night.

Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:58 PM
  #313
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Who to root against tonight between the Cryotes and the Guppies? San Jose for me. Despite last year's WCF, I'm still struggling to have that much hate for Phoenix.

EDIT: What the hell am I saying...the game happened last night. Never mind. But yeah, I would've been rooting for SJ to lose. But they won last night.
Tonight's game is just as tough to decide: ucks vs ucks

KingsKnight is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 07:03 PM
  #314
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 13,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Tonight's game is just as tough to decide: ucks vs ucks
Root for Vancouver.

Kings don't want to fall to far behind their divisional rivals.

Herby is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:16 PM
  #315
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,747
vCash: 500
plus Canucks are going to make the playoffs, whereas Ducks are less likely and could be scrapping with us for a spot

Muzzinga is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:27 PM
  #316
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Wow. Bergeron made that breakaway look easy.Take note, Clifford.

Bandit is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:01 PM
  #317
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,030
vCash: 500
Picked the Nucks in ESPN streak for the cash.

O/U 5000 Nucks fans in the building?

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:07 PM
  #318
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Sweet dubstep pre-game ceremony, Anaheim...

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:13 PM
  #319
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,678
vCash: 500
That was unexpected, Getzlaf apologized for the lockout and thanked the fans for coming back. Kudos to him for doing that. Now I hope the Canucks destroy them.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:29 PM
  #320
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That was unexpected, Getzlaf apologized for the lockout and thanked the fans for coming back. Kudos to him for doing that. Now I hope the Canucks destroy them.
It seems like a common theme. I saw a lot of team captains from other teams do the same thing.

kingsfan28 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:51 PM
  #321
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,030
vCash: 500
2-0 Nucks, both on PP.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:09 PM
  #322
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,472
vCash: 500
Is the game sold out in Anaheim?

Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:10 PM
  #323
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Is the game sold out in Anaheim?
Supposedly.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:14 PM
  #324
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Classless LA
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,450
vCash: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
It seems like a common theme. I saw a lot of team captains from other teams do the same thing.
Not the best photo, but this was a classy move. Saw it on Puck Daddy...


Reclamation Project is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:17 PM
  #325
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,030
vCash: 500
Burrows, you dumb ass.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.