HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 12:53 PM
mitch27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I paid 122.71 last season, and never regretted it. It's a very good value, in my opinion. Top-quality hockey entertainment from October to June.
I paid 100 bucks for the MLB one last year. You get twice as many games. GCL is way overpriced.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:53 PM
UK Leaf
Rookie User

The NHL vault was advertised and sold to include next day replays,
currently it doesn't -
therefore there are issues of trading standards or the the North American equivalent and unless the customer service response is acceptable and or the situation quickly resolved people would be in their right to demand a refund and or report the NHL to the authorities on claims of a mis sold product.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Redstar5550123

Quote:

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if they "forgot" to update the Vault description from last season. It makes no sense, to my mind, to store the current season in a historical "vault". The main site/app is a much more logical place to look for current season games. And is $50 for the entire season really that much? It's practically a gift from the NHL to hockey fans, at this price.
To me, Vault is like GCL 'lite' as it allows full games to be viewed, just not live, therefore is makes perfect sense for those who just can't watch that many live games.

Also, wouldn't it be misrepresentation to advertise and sell a service that they did not intend to honour? As mentioned, Vault is still being advertised as an opportunity to watch 'yesterday's' full game replays. If it were simply a copy and paste error it would have been taken down long ago...

Old
01-21-2013, 12:55 PM
wayner92

Quote:
Why would you do that when you can watch the games NORMALLY, using your GameCenter Live subscription? Goodness, people...
I agree that playoffs should be part of GCL and this shouldn't be an issue. You wouldn't have to do this but if they do blackout live streaming of playoffs then this is an option.

And then there is the case of people who only care about the playoffs and not the regular season. Paying VPN fees or $5/month is a lot cheaper than the cost of GCL.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar5550123 View Post
If it were simply a copy and paste error it would have been taken down long ago...
It could simply be the failure to update last year's texts. No copy/paste necessary. Can be simply outdated text.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:04 PM
tomcatNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBruin View Post
No, ESPN America games are blacked out, today it's the Bruins vs Jets, Saturday it was Hawks vs Kings.
Not much of an issue during the regular season, I don't think they're showing that many games live, but might be annoying during the playoffs. You can work around blackouts on the PC easily but I assume it's more difficult if you want to use one of the apps.
Yeah, true, just saw that. Kind of dumb, because I have cable and do have Sky, but the package doesn't include ESPN America. To get ESPN America, I would have to buy a retarted Kabel Deutschland PLATINUM SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT package that includes 10283 channels from Saudi-Arabia and Turkey for 39 euros a month. I didn't check their schedule yet, but hopefully they don't show many Rangers games.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:06 PM
oilfaninvan

anyone else having issues with GCL at NHL.com today? I don't understand why it would black me out of both games but let me watch them on my ipad?

Old
01-21-2013, 01:08 PM
tomcatNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
I paid 100 bucks for the MLB one last year. You get twice as many games. GCL is way overpriced.
I paid 200 bucks to watch 16 Giants games (NFL GamePass). I did watch the RedZone and now the playoff games, but basically I bought it to watch the Giants. So the NHL package is still manageable, IMO.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Pourquoi pas

Quote:
Stop that bull**** with 24-48 hours. It's a myth. Most if not all full-length replays are available within a few hours from game completion, as they should be. (Well, should be within minutes, really.)

That nonsense about 24-48 hours is legacy stuff from their site, no relation to reality. It's what they're covering their arses with, in case someone like you complains.

Wow, what a liar you are. Does the GCL staff pay you for the BS you post here?

I had 3 games blacked out the opening night: LAK-CHI, PIT-PHI and TBL-WAS.
Now, roughly 44 hours after two of those games are finished, none of these games is available for me.

Quote:
Don't listen to that ****. I'm not "saying" that play-off games are streamed live, I actually watched them streamed live. Is that enough of a confirmation for you?
Again, you seem not to understand the difference between the past and the present.
Last year, there were no blackouts in Europe, that's why you could watch PO games live on GCL.
This year, there are blackouts in Europe, that's why you will not be able to watch PO games live on GCL in some European countries.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:15 PM
JureEe
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Stop that bull**** with 24-48 hours. It's a myth. Most if not all full-length replays are available within a few hours from game completion, as they should be. (Well, should be within minutes, really.)

That nonsense about 24-48 hours is legacy stuff from their site, no relation to reality. It's what they're covering their arses with, in case someone like you complains.
games are NOT available!! i have games still blacked out.. yes I AM from Europe... (CHI-LAK)

edit: yes, games that i was able to see live, ARE NOT blacked out.. you can watch full replay.. but NOT ALL games...

edit2: international broadcasters for diffrent counties:

Old
01-21-2013, 01:16 PM
FakeKidPoker*

So is there no free preview for gamecenter live?

I mean on TV side I get the audio on Shaw but no video this is frustrating.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:18 PM
CHS

Anyone know how to get the PiP or mosaic view to work? I click on the box and it says click on the score strip. When I do I just end up at the game that I click on. This even happens if I click quickly and the box is still blue on the frame.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:20 PM
tomcatNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
So is there no free preview for gamecenter live?

I mean on TV side I get the audio on Shaw but no video this is frustrating.
Well basically yeah. You can cancel within 5 days of registration and get a full refund.

For me, as a returning customer, the GCL is free of charge until they attempt to charge the credit card on February 2nd. So basically I can watch it till Feb. 2nd for free and then they will charge the card. So in theory I could update my credit card information with false information and still watch till Feb. 2nd and then they would shut it down, because the credit card couldn't be chardged.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:24 PM
JamboPred

Im in the UK and currently blacked out for the WPG BOS game on my laptop, however i've just tried on the xbox app and it isn't blacked out!

Old
01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
oilfaninvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboPred View Post
Im in the UK and currently blacked out for the WPG BOS game on my laptop, however i've just tried on the xbox app and it isn't blacked out!
i'm having a similar issue in canada. neither game is on TV in my region yet i'm blacked out on nhl.com - yet i can watch them both on the ipad

the NHL is never getting my money again. Bush league.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Faterson

Tired of this bull****, guys, leaving this thread. If you can't understand the difference between your specific situation, and the general rules, I can't help you. No replays are blacked out for me, and neither should they be blacked out for you or anyone else. If they are, it's a mistake. Complain with GCL tech support. Bye.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Waltered

Is it driving anyone else nuts that when you click another live game- it goes to the written description instead of the video feed?

Old
01-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltered View Post
Is it driving anyone else nuts that when you click another live game- it goes to the written description instead of the video feed?
I hate that. I think its because the pip and mosiac don't work either so the switching of games thru video feed is not as needed.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Pugs135
Rookie User

OK, based on all the GCL problems i see i'm leaning towards Center Ice. I just wish I could get a schedule.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:46 PM
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter

Meh, WPG BOS blacked out.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Droc
Classless

Holy ****, is this still screwed up from Saturday?
I couldnt watch anything saturday, and sunday stuff wasnt working properly(mosaic, PIP, etc) and now I cant tune into the boston game and couldnt get the tampa game.
The live support hasn't been avaliable since Saturday, and I spent 35min on hold on the phone with no luck.

Last edited by Droc: 01-21-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 02:51 PM
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
Holy ****, is this still screwed up from Saturday?
I couldnt watch anything saturday, and sunday stuff wasnt working properly(mosaic, PIP, etc) and now I cant tune into the boston game and couldnt get the tampa game.
It won't load for me either. Laughable service.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Droc
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
Its been completely non-functional for me since opening game. I got a few games Sunday but they were glitch and stuttery, I ended up watching pirated streams.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:59 PM
L4cer8

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
It's been working perfectly for me over the weekend and today. Maybe they're having service issues with other countries?

Old
01-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Fire Julien

The NHL.com website is also crashing. I can't believe these idiots host the site and Gamecenter on the same server.

Closed Thread