HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 500
1. Why am I blacked out for Leaf games? In Ottawa we can't get the Leafs on Sportsnet Ontario because Sportsnet blocks it out. On Center Ice I could but Gamecenter I can't.

2. Does the Xbox 360 app freeze every few minutes for anyone? I know it's not my internet because it works fine on my laptop and computer.

3. I'm getting no sound on my iPhone Gamecenter app. Anyone have a reason why? I tried re-installing and rebooting my phone but no luck.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:44 AM
DevinHextall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
2. Does the Xbox 360 app freeze every few minutes for anyone? I know it's not my internet because it works fine on my laptop and computer.
Yes, the Xbox app freezes constantly. I plugged it directly into the Ethernet (20 Mbps) and it still froze up. My iPad and computer run games flawlessly.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:50 AM
UK Leaf
Rookie User

Many thanks to 'Penalty kill Icing' - that works for me !!

Can finally watch some games properly from Saturday !

Pity the help desk couldn't have offered this kind of assistance.

Thanks again.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:54 AM
The Hockey Tonk Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHextall View Post
Yes, the Xbox app freezes constantly. I plugged it directly into the Ethernet (20 Mbps) and it still froze up. My iPad and computer run games flawlessly.
yea same for me,
i asked earlier if there was a way to turn the quality down like on the computer styles, still don't think I got an answer?

i'd run a bit lower quality if it didn't freeze every two minutes, its kinda weak & don't like missing a beat.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Wait so now im hearing different things.

Someone posted here yesterday that most games this season have been archived quite fast - within a few hours of them finishing. now people are saying they can only see games from last june?

games are on when im at work here. the archived feature is essentially the main reason id be getting this so i want to make sure.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:28 AM
The Hobgoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryb View Post
Last word I heard the ps 3 app would be ready Feb 1st.
Holy crap, can anyone else verify this? In an already shortened season that means I'll miss several games on top of that. The only way I can watch GCL is on my PS3.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:48 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobgoblin View Post
Holy crap, can anyone else verify this? In an already shortened season that means I'll miss several games on top of that. The only way I can watch GCL is on my PS3.
Are you posting on this forum from your PS3?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:19 PM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmicrocutsxx View Post
Did you work out what was wrong? I have had this since signing up.Every time I try to view a game it starts to load and then the sign up/login pop up appears - this happens over and over and I haven't managed to actually watch anything. If I put my details into my friends xbox however it will stream everything just fine!
nope still no luck. Can't get ahold of them either. I also have the same thing happen when I try to watch on my iphone. It's pathetic

Old
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Wait so now im hearing different things.

Someone posted here yesterday that most games this season have been archived quite fast - within a few hours of them finishing. now people are saying they can only see games from last june?

games are on when im at work here. the archived feature is essentially the main reason id be getting this so i want to make sure.
Check my response on Leafs board.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
That's what annoys me about everyone whining that this is a horrible product. People need to be patient. Yes they dropped the ball but they're working on it. I'm sure they're well aware of how unsatisfied everyone is right now.
I'm sorry, but when you are a "professional" sports league offering this, on a shortened schedule, nobody should have to be patient. I haven't been able to view any games since opening night. I understand that there will be problems, but at least have the respect for your customers. I have been trying to contact these "support" people for the last two days. They don't even have the decency to have a human being reply. Instead I receive nothing back, and have heard of others getting a automatic FAQ reply. This service really is terrible. All i wanted to do was watch hockey the last few months. Now, with the season going, I still can't because of terrible customer service

Old
01-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

To be fair to those who are angry..

NHL had about 6 months since cup was awarded to figure out all the technical glitches.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:34 PM
UK Leaf
Rookie User

Vault subscribers

Just to confirm for any vault only subscribers like myself,

the work around above using gamecenter rather than the vault allows you now to watch all of Saturday's games in full or condensed but as yet Sunday and Monday get blocked still.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:43 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
That's what annoys me about everyone whining that this is a horrible product. People need to be patient. Yes they dropped the ball but they're working on it. I'm sure they're well aware of how unsatisfied everyone is right now.

When I used to play NHL, EA used to do this all the time. Used to take a week to get the servers running properly. It happens. The best they could do is prepare for it. That's probably why it took days instead of weeks to fix the problems.
I'm sorry but this is BS. Customers have every right to complain about a product that they paid for that is not working as should be reasonably expected.

Most businesses wouldn't put out a product with so many flaws because the customer is important. How many lost sales for this year or next year might be lost here because the NHL wasn't able to put out a decent product?

The situation with the PS3 app is completely unacceptable. Nowhere is it stated on GCL website or the PS Store that this isn't available. Even if it were, its still unacceptable. The GCL folks tried to delay the development of the app in hopes the season would be cancelled. They didnt have the product ready to go when it should have been.

Which is strange, because even if the season was cancelled, its not like the work on the updated version is thrown away. Surely the product would be back for the following season.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
JerseySideOfTheRiver
Geaux Devils

Anyone using the iphone app who cant get the sound. This may be a dumb solution but it happened to me. Make sure your mute switch on the side of the phone isn't on. It took me a while to figure out this was the problem

Old
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
bradbruins

How can I watch the consensed games? Everytime I try to watch them through the recap menu it directs me to Vault, but then it says the games are not available... Anyone having the same problem? Tried to watch the games from last night...

Old
01-22-2013, 01:01 PM
HartnellDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbruins View Post
How can I watch the consensed games? Everytime I try to watch them through the recap menu it directs me to Vault, but then it says the games are not available... Anyone having the same problem? Tried to watch the games from last night...
No but when I try to watch condensed games on my Roku it started freezing after every game. I had to unplug the Roku every time. A different problem on every device I have!

Old
01-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbruins View Post
I believe you are trying to watch Bruins/Jets game. Working fine for me (via recap). Are you in Bruins broadcast area?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
The situation with the PS3 app is completely unacceptable. Nowhere is it stated on GCL website or the PS Store that this isn't available. Even if it were, its still unacceptable. The GCL folks tried to delay the development of the app in hopes the season would be cancelled. They didnt have the product ready to go when it should have been.
This is exactly what pisses me off about the PS3 situation. They advertise that you can use the PS3, yet nowhere does it say the app isn't actually ready and you actually CAN'T use it. And they don't know WHEN you will be able to use it. Just eventually. But they'll take your $50 right now, thanks very much.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Glasscog

Is there an android app that can hide my isp address so I can watch blacked out games?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscog View Post
Is there an android app that can hide my isp address so I can watch blacked out games?
I used to use 'Fake GPS location' last season if that helps.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
GCL + Hotspot VPN = No blackout games

Old
01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Has anyone here ever been caught using VPN's?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Glasscog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
GCL + Hotspot VPN = No blackout games
100%positive.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Smash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Has anyone here ever been caught using VPN's?
my buddy used it all last season with no issues.. I've been using this season and no issues so far...

If the worst they do is kick me off then so be it, If your worried about the $100 fine, just go and buy one of those Visa or Mastercard gift cards and use that...

Old
01-22-2013, 02:06 PM
bradbruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
I believe you are trying to watch Bruins/Jets game. Working fine for me (via recap). Are you in Bruins broadcast area?
I tried every single game from last night.

No, I'm from Germany... Still the Bruins game was blacked-out here. All the other games worked fine.

Closed Thread