HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL. Game On!!!! (RoR Offersheeted by Calgary, Avs Match)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 10:23 PM
  #276
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Isn't Cammaleri on Calgary again? I haven't heard his name once. Is he hurt?

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:24 PM
  #277
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I said it at the time, and I'll say it again: I think it's going to be one of those rare win-win deals. Both are going to be great players in this league.
Agreed.

Also, if we didn't trade for Hodgson, we'd probably still have Roy which means no Ott. I like our current situation better.

Flames score to make it 2-1

I feel like the Flames are in a rough situation, not a very good team and aren't very strong in the prospects department, lots of older guys on their team that aren't quite as good as they once were.

Fire Lindy is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:27 PM
  #278
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Agreed.

Also, if we didn't trade for Hodgson, we'd probably still have Roy which means no Ott. I like our current situation better.

Flames score to make it 2-1

I feel like the Flames are in a rough situation, not a very good team and aren't very strong in the prospects department, lots of older guys on their team that aren't quite as good as they once were.
Yup, their prospect pool is getting better but they've been in that situation for awhile. Their best players are 30+, they aren't good enough to make it into the playoffs consistently but they're not bad enough to get top 5 picks.

They must've went through a really poor period of drafting guys or kept trading their picks, because their system is just empty. The only impact guy they've really had come up in the last 5 years or so is Baertschi.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:30 PM
  #279
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
The one Canucks broadcaster is a huge homer hah

Fire Lindy is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:31 PM
  #280
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
My god Cammalleri can't hit the broad side of a barn with his slapper. Three rips on a two man advantage just nowhere near the net.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:31 PM
  #281
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
What a whiff by Iginla there

Fire Lindy is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:32 PM
  #282
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
What a whiff by Iginla there
That was pretty epic.

He looks bad too. Just doesn't look like an elite offensive guy at all.

Edit: I say that and then he walks through a 'Nucks defender and dishes to Backlund for a goal.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:33 PM
  #283
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I said it at the time, and I'll say it again: I think it's going to be one of those rare win-win deals. Both are going to be great players in this league.
Honestly, I can see that too. One may or may not take an extra year or two to develop to full potential. It would be nice to revisit this trade in the summer of 2016.

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:35 PM
  #284
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Curling is just the worst thing ever.

I can't believe how seriously they take this, these commercials kill me.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:38 PM
  #285
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Curling is just the worst thing ever.

I can't believe how seriously they take this, these commercials kill me.
Oh, I have to part ways with you there. I have never played it, but would love to try it up in Niagara Falls or Fort Erie one day.

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:41 PM
  #286
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Oh, I have to part ways with you there. I have never played it, but would love to try it up in Niagara Falls or Fort Erie one day.
I can't believe people can look at that game and think it's even remotely worthwhile. I can't even describe it to myself without cracking up. Watching grown men staring at a rock slide down the ice while two people sweep in front is just hilarious.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:47 PM
  #287
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,428
vCash: 666
Hartnell injury was karma... Phaneuf did fracture Lupul's forearm with that shot... and Mike Smith has a LBI out in PHX... injuries slowly piling up, not a real surprise.

Woodhouse is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
  #288
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
I can't believe people can look at that game and think it's even remotely worthwhile. I can't even describe it to myself without cracking up. Watching grown men staring at a rock slide down the ice while two people sweep in front is just hilarious.
And that sounds like a "I hate sports" reason. Some people look at football and think "how silly! Big men in tight pants throwing a brown weird looking thing to another man and everyone tries to tackle him". Or golf "you hit a ball with a metal club type thing hundreds of yards, then go find it, just to hit it again".

I suppose Cricket is dumb too? Or Rugby? Or Jai alai? Or frisbee golf?

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
  #289
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Hartnell injury was karma... Phaneuf did fracture Lupul's forearm with that shot... and Mike Smith has a LBI out in PHX... injuries slowly piling up, not a real surprise.
Well, the first two are more fluke things you see every season.

I expect more groin injuries (which I believe Smith has) in the shortened season though. Players who maybe did not keep up with their conditioning quite as well are gonna be in a world of hurt.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
  #290
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,510
vCash: 500
Something clicked with Kassian, he looks like a brand new player this year. Or maybe he's just comfortable. Anyways - the way he's playing so far cushions the blow of losing Hodgson a little.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:59 PM
  #291
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation
 
Timbo Slice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Something clicked with Kassian, he looks like a brand new player this year. Or maybe he's just comfortable. Anyways - the way he's playing so far cushions the blow of losing Hodgson a little.
He looks great so far. Fits in on the Sedins line. You can tell he's still learning to play with them, but he's made some really crafty plays.

Timbo Slice is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:01 PM
  #292
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Well, the first two are more fluke things you see every season.

I expect more groin injuries (which I believe Smith has) in the shortened season though. Players who maybe did not keep up with their conditioning quite as well are gonna be in a world of hurt.
You and the 10,000 other people who keep saying that whenever they get a chance.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:05 PM
  #293
LGB24
Registered User
 
LGB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Kassian topples over Kipper. No response from the flames.

LGB24 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:06 PM
  #294
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
Kassian topples over Kipper. No response from the flames.
He was just going hard to the net for a scoring chance. I would say most teams would just take the powerplay if the goaltender seemed okay.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:07 PM
  #295
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 20,456
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
Kassian topples over Kipper. No response from the flames.
No goal for the Flames, either

jflory81 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:08 PM
  #296
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 20,456
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
And then Kipper bumped by a Nuck not a minute after the penalty expires.

jflory81 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:33 PM
  #297
LGB24
Registered User
 
LGB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
He was just going hard to the net for a scoring chance. I would say most teams would just take the powerplay if the goaltender seemed okay.
lol I dont disagree I just said that because of the debate going on in the Kaleta thread

LGB24 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:34 PM
  #298
LGB24
Registered User
 
LGB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
No goal for the Flames, either
despite their 15 percent chance

LGB24 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:44 PM
  #299
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Man Iginla is pretty bad at shootouts.

...and Daniel Sedin is even worse.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:47 PM
  #300
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,906
vCash: 500
Jesus Kassian. Nice deke.

jBuds is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.