HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL. Game On!!!! (RoR Offersheeted by Calgary, Avs Match)

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
philly woke up...

i hate enjoying watching philly play... but i do. Schenn brothers were in beast mode tonight

Old
01-26-2013, 09:07 PM
chadthestampede
The Humanoid Typhoon

Anyone else see the Columbus GI call? Insane.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I just saw the Stuart hit on Landeskog. Wow.
Brad Stuart hits like a truck... always has.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:17 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Oilers/Flames .... I like this rivalry

Old
01-26-2013, 09:20 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Dirty goal by Backlund

Flames up 1-0

Old
01-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Rangers come back and keep the loafs at bay.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:42 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Trotz has reached the playoffs in 7 of the past 8 years.
Ruff? HA!

Old
01-26-2013, 09:44 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Bouwmeester with the goal

Flames 2-0

Old
01-26-2013, 09:46 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Schultz with the goal

Flames 2-1

Old
01-26-2013, 09:58 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

I know the oilers are going thru rookie growing pains but damn I love their north south game. Just constant drive. Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, and Yakupov are just plain fun to watch.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I know the oilers are going thru rookie growing pains but damn I love their north south game. Just constant drive. Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, and Yakupov are just plain fun to watch.
They are a blast to watch

Old
01-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

What a pass there..man I love these west coast games, can't explain it but it looks like such smoother hockey than what we see out there from us.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:17 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Ah, western canadian hockey on CBC with Mark Lee. Not a better way to spend a saturday night.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

These teams have such crisper passing than we do, it's depressing

Old
01-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Justin Schultz seems to be as advertised, 5 points so far.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:27 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Little too much toe-drag from Edmonton. Even Horcoff gave one away trying it.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:28 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

I really like these Flames jerseys, they need to make these the full time ones. Not a fan of their normal unis.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Little too much toe-drag from Edmonton. Even Horcoff gave one away trying it.
Seems like all young guys come into the league and try a lot of the "dangling" moves. Even Vanek used to try a lot of that his rookie season. Ovechkin was the master of it his rookie year.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:10 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
He didn't make him obsolete, we just needed a center BADLY as opposed to another power forward, I would've loved Kassian on this team still but we needed a skilled center and Hodgson is doing that just fine so far. I mean, could you imagine Foligno and Kassian on the same line?? Good lord.

It looks good for both teams so far.
I had seen some Sabres fans saying Kassian was obsolete with Foligno coming up. Baffled how that could be seeing as how your guys are in the same division as the Bruins...but yeah, the Sabres needed a centre badly, and we needed a power forward badly. The scary thing about Kassian is that he actually plays the Sedins' game with the puck. He does the down-low cycling game, and does it very well. When he scored vs Anaheim, Henrik hit him with a great pass, but Kassian had about 6 inches of net to shoot at with the angle he was at, and he hit it. *boom* There it was. He's been a real breath of fresh air out here, that's for sure. Even when he doesn't do much, just his presence adds a real intimidation factor we haven't had since Bertuzzi. It was great watching 5 Flames all discover something else they urgently needed to pay attention to when Kassian went barreling straight over Kiprusoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Ah, western canadian hockey on CBC with Mark Lee. Not a better way to spend a saturday night.
Mark Lee? You like his announcing? Really? Personally, I was doing serious happy dances when I heard the Lee/Weekes duo was finally taken off most of the late games.

You want a really good laugh, check out the HNIC broadcast of a Canucks/Leafs game when our boy Jim Hughson is calling the play. For those who don't know, Hughie started off as the Canucks pbp guy on BCTV back in the day, and he'll always be a Canucks fan at heart. Watch the game and follow along with the GDT in the Leafs' forum for the frothing hatred.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:20 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
I had seen some Sabres fans saying Kassian was obsolete with Foligno coming up. Baffled how that could be seeing as how your guys are in the same division as the Bruins...but yeah, the Sabres needed a centre badly, and we needed a power forward badly. The scary thing about Kassian is that he actually plays the Sedins' game with the puck. He does the down-low cycling game, and does it very well. When he scored vs Anaheim, Henrik hit him with a great pass, but Kassian had about 6 inches of net to shoot at with the angle he was at, and he hit it. *boom* There it was. He's been a real breath of fresh air out here, that's for sure. Even when he doesn't do much, just his presence adds a real intimidation factor we haven't had since Bertuzzi. It was great watching 5 Flames all discover something else they urgently needed to pay attention to when Kassian went barreling straight over Kiprusoff.

Mark Lee? You like his announcing? Really? Personally, I was doing serious happy dances when I heard the Lee/Weekes duo was finally taken off most of the late games.

You want a really good laugh, check out the HNIC broadcast of a Canucks/Leafs game when our boy Jim Hughson is calling the play. For those who don't know, Hughie started off as the Canucks pbp guy on BCTV back in the day, and he'll always be a Canucks fan at heart. Watch the game and follow along with the GDT in the Leafs' forum for the frothing hatred.
On the topic of Kassian ... I really think a good portion of Sabres fans here no longer really want to hear about Kassian. Good or bad. Unless of course you see a bunch of Sabres fans coming on your team boards and asking. Are they? Probably not. Do Sabres fans populate your boards telling you all about Hodgson? Probably not. I'm not trying to come off like a jerk (but probably am to some) but the majority really honestly don't care about Kassian anymore. But it suuuure seems like many Canucks fans love coming to the Sabres boards to type their opinion of Kassian and/or Hodgson here.

Yes Jim Hughson rules! Yes, it is very obvious he was the PxP guy for the Canucks.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:14 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
Quote:
On the topic of Kassian ... I really think a good portion of Sabres fans here no longer really want to hear about Kassian. Good or bad. Unless of course you see a bunch of Sabres fans coming on your team boards and asking. Are they? Probably not. Do Sabres fans populate your boards telling you all about Hodgson? Probably not. I'm not trying to come off like a jerk (but probably am to some) but the majority really honestly don't care about Kassian anymore. But it suuuure seems like many Canucks fans love coming to the Sabres boards to type their opinion of Kassian and/or Hodgson here.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Yes Jim Hughson rules! Yes, it is very obvious he was the PxP guy for the Canucks.
He'll always be our homeboy out here.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:49 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadthestampede View Post
Anyone else see the Columbus GI call? Insane.
Yeah that was pretty bad

Old
01-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:

It's cause they're hell bent on trying to incriminate Hodgson and are trying to turn it into a contest to see who won the trade because they all hate Hodgson cause he may or may not have wanted to go someplace else. And now he's doing well. No one around here really cares about Kassian, as you said. Nucks fans are just trying to make it sound like they stole the trade.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Sabreality

Laughton sent back to JR's

Old
01-27-2013, 06:01 PM
sabresandcanucks

Brew crew with another goal tonight...

Closed Thread