HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL. Game On!!!! (RoR Offersheeted by Calgary, Avs Match)

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I have season tickets... nothing worse than coming home from the Tampa game, and then watching the recorded Sabres game
Damn, I'm so jealous. Bet they're much cheaper than Buffalo seasons, as well.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:43 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I have season tickets... nothing worse than coming home from the Tampa game, and then watching the recorded Sabres game
we were spoiled post 04 lockout. Now expectations are high. Remember when we were that team that everyone enjoyed watching for speed and high intensity

Old
01-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
we were spoiled post 04 lockout. Now expectations are high. Remember when we were that team that everyone enjoyed watching for speed and high intensity
The mix of speed and power in the top 6 in tampa is... so fun to watch

Old
01-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Presten

Wow. Habs with a total meltdown right now.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presten View Post
Wow. Habs with a total meltdown right now.
I turned on game and they go on to score 3 goals in 3 minutes. TAKE THAT HABS!!!

They making scoring goals look so easy... Just simple plays and getting shots on net. Why is that so hard for our team???

Old
01-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Presten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
I turned on game and they go on to score 3 goals in 3 minutes. TAKE THAT HABS!!!

They making scoring goals look so easy... Just simple plays and getting shots on net. Why is that so hard for our team???
Totally agree, they should put up a new sign in the locker room: "SHOOT THE PUCK FFS!"

I was so excited after the first game, thinking "if the Sabres keep on playing with that kind of energy they would probably be able to outwork a lot of teams this year."

Old
01-30-2013, 09:33 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Full on meltdown mode ... Poor Budai

Old
01-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Presten

It feels so wrong, but I enjoy watching the Sens right now.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:39 PM
jfb392

After reports almost a month ago that the closing of the Phoenix Coyotes sale was "imminent", we're now mere hours away from the deadline attached the the handout from the City of Glendale.
It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that Greg Jamison apparently doesn't have the money after all, and will not close the sale.
As explained in the article, the current deal with the city is unlikely to be extended as the new council members taking over are not in favor of the subsidies.

They also mention some new mystery investors looking at the team, but I remain skeptical.
I believe this will be the fourth group in as many years that will have failed to close on their deals that had the city essentially paying them to take ownership of the team (you know, that's how sales always work).
Plenty also had the option of buying the team for a paltry $120m out of bankruptcy, but there were no takers.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:04 PM
cybresabre
March Mighty Elk

vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
After reports almost a month ago that the closing of the Phoenix Coyotes sale was "imminent", we're now mere hours away from the deadline attached the the handout from the City of Glendale.
It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that Greg Jamison apparently doesn't have the money after all, and will not close the sale.
As explained in the article, the current deal with the city is unlikely to be extended as the new council members taking over are not in favor of the subsidies.
I haven't been paying enough attention, but didn't the same thing happen a while ago? Somebody said they'd buy the team, but didn't have the money? Maybe that was just your speculation at the time, that is proving to be accurate.
Quote:
They also mention some new mystery investors looking at the team, but I remain skeptical.
I believe this will be the fourth group in as many years that will have failed to close on their deals that had the city essentially paying them to take ownership of the team (you know, that's how sales always work).
Plenty also had the option of buying the team for a paltry $120m out of bankruptcy, but there were no takers.
Yeah, I just read somewhere there was a retirement community in Florida that's full of geezers from the Northeast who really miss ice hockey.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:27 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
I haven't been paying enough attention, but didn't the same thing happen a while ago? Somebody said they'd buy the team, but didn't have the money? Maybe that was just your speculation at the time, that is proving to be accurate.
Yes, it happened in 2010 (twice), 2011, and now yet again.
They tried to sell to Chicago Bulls/White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf and failed, then tried to sell to Ice Edge Holdings (a group that didn't even have the money to purchase an ECHL franchise) and failed again, and then to Matthew Hulsizer and failed (Hulsizer later tried to purchase the St. Louis Blues and also failed because they weren't paying him to own the team).
They said this particular sale would close imminently like 18 months ago, then had their "weeks, not months" press conference during the Coyotes-Predators series in the playoffs a few months ago, and there were probably a few more reports of it closing that I'm forgetting.
There were also reports of him not having the money from the beginning though, then reports of his investors being Middle Eastern oil guys (I don't believe there are any non-North American owners in the NHL) and him offering US green cards to potential investors in exchange for a stake of the team (shady as hell), and even claims that good old "can't afford an ECHL franchise" Ice Edge was involved again.

Now The Hockey News and RDS are saying he had little to no money the whole time, making it look like a sham, which I believed it to be from the start:
Quote:
THNKenCampbell From a source with close ties to NHL ownership on Greg Jamison: "He hasn't raised a dollar."
http://twitter.com/THNKenCampbell/st...86115904536578

Quote:
THNKenCampbell From a venture capitalist: "For a solid business, I could raise $100 million in a week. For the Coyotes, it would take four generations."
http://twitter.com/THNKenCampbell/st...18438909878272

The fact that Greg Jamison didn't give up his ownership stake in the San Jose Sharks at any point during all of this pretty much tells you how confident he was in this ever getting done.

Quote:
Yeah, I just read somewhere there was a retirement community in Florida that's full of geezers from the Northeast who really miss ice hockey.
It's a Thrashers "The Balkan" situation all over again.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Kassian looks good, fits in well with the Sedin's who are ridiculous at puck possession wowie.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:58 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post

Who in their right mind would . . . . . ? Best movie of all time

Old
01-30-2013, 11:52 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 744
Blackhawks lose in a shootout to the Wild. They lose their first of the season in their seventh game played. Sabres ten game win streak to start the season and their ten game road win streak to start a season (set in 2006) will remain NHL records.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Kassian again. Sheesh.

I have to believe there's more than one roster spot available for a big tough scoring winger on a hockey team.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Kassian again. Sheesh.
I said it earlier in this thread, but he's going to score a lot in front of the net on the Canucks PP with the Sedins

Old
01-31-2013, 12:18 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

I just really hope we didn't trade him for Barry Pederson.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:19 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Kassian's 5th of the year already. My Lord. Not that this last one was anything special, but still....

Old
01-31-2013, 12:20 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
I said it earlier in this thread, but he's going to score a lot in front of the net on the Canucks PP with the Sedins
Sedins did not get a point on that pp goal lol still fun watching that line.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:23 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Sedins did not get a point on that pp goal lol still fun watching that line.
My point was Canucks always have a good PP as long as they have the Sedins out there together with open space, and Kassian is a good fit in front of the net.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:26 AM
Bieksa#3

Players are letting Kassian do what he pleases in front of the net. No one gets dirty with him

Old
01-31-2013, 12:31 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Kassian scores..Canucks fans instantly migrate to this thread.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:32 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

I assume you 'Nucks fans were watching the Hot Stove at 2nd intermission? Where the talking heads were adamant about not reversing that trade.

A lot of guys made a helluva career for having nice hands and standing in front of the net... Charlie Simmer, Rick Vaive, Al Secord, Tim Kerr... even Dave Andreychuk

Edit: Shutout for Lou. Your board will be fun to watch for the next few days

Old
01-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
Kassian scores..Canucks fans instantly migrate to this thread.
Ive been here since kassian sucked last year

Old
01-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Mac225

I've never wished ill will onto the Sabres ever mostly because it seems like our franchises have been constantly kicked to the bottom of the well. I honestly hope Cody Hodgson works out, its unfortunate circumstance that drove him away, but I hope Buffalo can embrace and accommodate him.

Closed Thread