HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL. Game On!!!! (RoR Offersheeted by Calgary, Avs Match)

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Definitely Kuba. I don't see why Florida moves him in the division though, if the Hurricanes' rumors are true.
Welp, that was nothing to get excited for.

Brian McGrattan to CGY.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:33 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

vCash: 500
...or just McGrattan is going back to Calgary.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:52 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Welp, that was nothing to get excited for.

Brian McGrattan to CGY.

Regier shoulda been in on that.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:01 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Sucks for the Nucks. Dude is seriously injury-prone.
Which is why is still don't understand the Hodgson/Kassian trade from a Nucks pov.

If they felt the need to move Cody, why not target a center?

Old
02-28-2013, 12:16 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Which is why is still don't understand the Hodgson/Kassian trade from a Nucks pov.
Especially because all of their playoff losses came from a lack of scoring depth, not toughness. Kesler pretty much had to be a Selke caliber shutdown player while providing enough offense to be the equivalent of multiple lines of scoring depth because their bottom six centers are trash like Lapierre and a half-decade-past-his-prime Pahlsson. No wonder he battles nagging injuries or worse every year.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post

If they felt the need to move Cody, why not target a center?
He asked for a trade, and we had a very specific list of players we wanted to acquire. Once one (Kassian) of them was offered, Gillis decided to trade him.

Kesler's injury was just pure back luck (who gets injured blocking a shot on the PK in their first game back?!).

Old
02-28-2013, 04:07 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Bob McKenzie reporting that Corey Perry not resigning in Anaheim.

We need to go all out for Perry...: 7/56 million or more if that's what it will take. Move Leino and Stafford to make room and there's 8.5 in cap to make It happen. Not only could we probably sign Perry for under 8.5 a year, he also will score as much , if not more then Leino and Stafford combined. It's a no brainer that those 2 are the first to go to make room for him ( or Getzlaf if he makes it )

Old
02-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Bob McKenzie reporting that Corey Perry not resigning in Anaheim.

We need to go all out for Perry...: 7/56 million or more if that's what it will take. Move Leino and Stafford to make room and there's 8.5 in cap to make It happen. Not only could we probably sign Perry for under 8.5 a year, he also will score as much , if not more then Leino and Stafford combined. It's a no brainer that those 2 are the first to go to make room for him ( or Getzlaf if he makes it )
Money isn't going to be the deciding issue for Perry. Plenty of teams are going to offer blank checks to him and tell him to fill in the numbers. We're not a successful club. I can't see him coming here.

Also, isn't this based on what a poster heard on the radio? Those threads on the trade board often embellish what was said, or don't relay the context of the statement. I'd imagine that if he, or any of the other big sources, had info that Perry probably wasn't re-signing, there'd be a news article or something more than a random radio interview--it's certainly newsworthy.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:09 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Money isn't going to be the deciding issue for Perry. Plenty of teams are going to offer blank checks to him and tell him to fill in the numbers. We're not a successful club. I can't see him coming here.

Also, isn't this based on what a poster heard on the radio? Those threads on the trade board often embellish what was said, or don't relay the context of the statement. I'd imagine that if he, or any of the other big sources, had info that Perry probably wasn't re-signing, there'd be a news article or something more than a random radio interview--it's certainly newsworthy.
I'm going off the thread on the Trade board... If Mckenzie actually said it then I believe it. I can see him signing here if we manage to give him a vastly superior contract offer then any other team. I'd even go up to 9 mil a year for the max length (7 years is it?) in order to get it done.

A top 6 of
Vanek-Hodgson-Perry
Foligno-Ennis-Pominville

I'd have to think Ennis and Cody will be much better next season with even more experience under their belt. That could be the best top 6 we have iced in awhile.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:31 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

O'Reilly signs an offer sheet with Calgary, per Dreger

Edit: 2 years, $10 million. 3.5 this year, including a 2.5 million signing bonus, 6.5 million next year. Colorado absolutely has to match that.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:31 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
wow !

this should get interesting

Old
02-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
I'd rather play for the Avalanche

Old
02-28-2013, 05:34 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
I really can't fathom why Darcy wouldn't have done this already. RoR is a perfect fit.

$10 million over two years, 1st & 3rd rounder as compensation.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:37 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
I really can't fathom why Darcy wouldn't have done this already. RoR is a perfect fit.

$10 million over two years, 1st & 3rd rounder as compensation.
Because any one of the first 6 picks in this years draft, especially the top 4 will be head and shoulders above ROR. (If they pan out) ROR is a perfect fit for every team, so that is not really saying much.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:39 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
Because any one of the first 6 picks in this years draft, especially the top 4 will be head and shoulders above ROR. (If they pan out) ROR is a perfect fit for every team, so that is not really saying much.

Classic HFboards logic, guys who aren't even drafted yet are guaranteed to be really good. RoR is already a very good #2 center in this league and you don't have to wait for any growing pains to be over: he's ready to produce right now.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:40 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Classic HFboards logic, guys who aren't even drafted yet are guaranteed to be really good. RoR is already a very good #2 center in this league.
Want me to pull up the statistical odds of a top 3 pick busting the last 15 years? My point will be even more proven.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:42 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Agreed. Flames will regret this when Colorado gets Drouin.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:44 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Want me to pull up the statistical odds of a top 3 pick busting the last 15 years? My point will be even more proven.
There's a difference between "busting" and Ryan O'Reilly. And now all of a sudden you went from top 6 to top 3 players.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:44 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Not just Drouin, Mack, Jones, or Barkov with Lindholm and Monahan not far behind. Not to mention the 3rd round pick and they don't get to use the ELCS of the freshly drafted players and deal with some big contracts going ROR's way.

Colorado Avalanche RFA Ryan O'Reilly has signed the Calgary Flames offer sheet of 2 years worth $10M(Year 2: $6.5M)! The compensation going to the Avalanche is a 1st round and 3rd round draft pick if they do not match, which they won't.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:45 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
There's a difference between "busting" and Ryan O'Reilly. And now all of a sudden you went from top 6 to top 3 players.
Because this years top 6 is as deep a field of quality prospects as I can remember. I said top 3 because the Sabres currently are picking in the top 3 if the season ended today.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:47 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Boy I sure wish Darcy was more like Jay feaster. Who else could get the best player in the draft at 16th overall

Old
02-28-2013, 05:48 PM
LGB24

Quote:

Classic HFboards logic, guys who aren't even drafted yet are guaranteed to be really good. RoR is already a very good #2 center in this league and you don't have to wait for any growing pains to be over: he's ready to produce right now.
The direction this team is headed, I'd rather not give up a potential Jones/Drouin/Mackinnon for ROR. All this talk about how we need an elite talent as part of our rebuild and how teams haven't won cups since 01 or whatever. Sure, ROR steps in and becomes a difference maker right now, but in 5 years I'm willing to bet a top 5 pick will become a greater difference maker, no guarantees or anything, but if we're really going through with this rebuild may as well maximize value

Old
02-28-2013, 05:49 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
If Colorado gets Drouin, it's because of their own record or they won the lottery. The Flames aren't bad enough to be picking that high and certainly won't be if their biggest weakness is addressed. Their centers right now are Stajan, Cammalleri, Comeau and Begin. No matter how much you like / dislike RoR, he's a humongous improvement.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

The genius of this deal is that if Colorado matches, RoR will be an RFA after the deal and they'll be forced to give him a 6.5 million qualifying offer, while Landeskog and Duchene are also RFAs and Stastny is a UFA.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Jame
Dream '16

always the spectator

Closed Thread