Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

We're Back! Boston Bruins vs. NY Rangers Part II ‎

Old
01-19-2013, 09:38 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

vCash: 500
Was underwhelmed by Seguin but I think he'll need to adjust again from where he was playing, different style

Overall a great effort and a solid win, I thought Hamilton looked comfortable.

Hockey is back!

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:40 PM
nmbr_24

I think Bourque deserves more of a shot before I write him off, but so far I would rather see Jordan Caron in there pretty easily. It will be interesting to see what Julien does when Caron is ready to come back from his injury.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

Great way to start the season. Lucic gets goal, then gets ejected for being to badass for the refs to handle!

Nose Face Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Did we watch a different game? Because I thought Bourque was fine. He wasn't flashy or anything, just did his job. One bad giveaway, but he wasn't terrible.

Give the guy a chance.
He didn't score a hat trick and pummel Rupp, so he was awful. Thats how it works around here.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:49 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Good game. I expected a little more from the Bergeron line. Seguin looks quick but he didn't impress other than that. I think he will be better Monday. Marchand is rusty.

Bourque was OK. I'm glad they have Paille as he is good insurance and probably the better option at 3rd line right now.

McQuaid is barelyready to play, IMO. I wish they had another NHL defenseman around.

27 had a good start. Nice to see.

Rask was sharp when tested.

Thornton is just an excellent fighter. Great bout. Rupp is big and tough and he got his schnozz rearranged.

I wish Lucic took on Bickel instead of shouting down a ref.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:52 PM
TCL40

Quote:
I think Bourque deserves more of a shot before I write him off, but so far I would rather see Jordan Caron in there pretty easily
I think Borque deserves a chance but I am not sure he is going to light things up. Caron would probably have the spot if he wasn't injured so I think it is fine to let Borque have some games to figure things out.

He has nice speed and was a top scorer in the AHL so I figure tossing him out after one game isn't giving him a chance.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
all you want ,not ******* about this guys production because there will be none. Why brake up the forth line ? Bourque has had MANY chances to stick and make it fact is he stinks, if his name was Smith he would never been on this team.

Give Lane a chance he could be NO worst that #48 on that line and will NEVER throw it away with the fear of getting hit.

End of rant. Great Great game .
I'm laughing because you want Bourque (career AHLer) replaced by a guy that will be no better and possibly much worse in the role you want him to play.

MacDermid could potentially be a 4th line grinder, but I don't want him on the 3rd line. Your assumption that he could be no worse is not a good one. I'd rather see a prospect like Spooner, or a guy like Tardif before I put MacDermid there.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Montecristo

I say put sauve on the 3rd line and keep him there until he gets hurt. Whether its one game or the whole season, he is the only legit scoring option in providence who has some experience with his upside. He played great in the scrimmage.

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:58 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I'm laughing because you want Bourque (career AHLer) replaced by a guy that will be no better and possibly much worse in the role you want him to play.

MacDermid could potentially be a 4th line grinder, but I don't want him on the 3rd line. Your assumption that he could be no worse is not a good one. I'd rather see a prospect like Spooner, or a guy like Tardif before I put MacDermid there.
Fair enough

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:59 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

That's the Milan Lucic I want to see. Played angry and tough all night and got a goal. The Neely comparisons are getting less and less far fetched with each year passed.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Open Ice

I'd like to give Bourque a good 10 games to click with that line Caron or no Caron. I want to really see what he has. Looked okay to me, good jump and it looked like good chemistry could hit with those linemates. It was funny to see him mouth "F--- me" from the bench after he missed that open net.

Open Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
I say put sauve on the 3rd line and keep him there until he gets hurt. Whether its one game or the whole season, he is the only legit scoring option in providence who has some experience with his upside. He played great in the scrimmage.

If Bourque falters after a good trial Sauve is the guy I want to see in that third line LW slot.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:11 PM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
That's the Milan Lucic I want to see. Played angry and tough all night and got a goal. The Neely comparisons are getting less and less far fetched with each year passed.
Except for the 50 goal scorer part, I still dont' see that happening. But I love Looch just the way he is, 25-35 goals, scored when they need them most.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:17 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Except for the 50 goal scorer part, I still dont' see that happening. But I love Looch just the way he is, 25-35 goals, scored when they need them most.
Probably not, but it's still a comparison that gets closer and closer as Lucic's offensive game gets more developed ( most goals on the team in the past two seasons ). Both are/were arguably the best power forward in the league with short fuses, goal scoring instincts, big hits. Lucic is the better fighter, Neely was the better goal scorer.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:19 PM
bruinmann77

I agree it was only one game for Bourque so give it some time. Then to say to replace him with Caron who has not shown anything is a bit jumpy .let enjoy the win and nice to see RASk getting the win and also see Lucic having a monster game .nice to have Nathan back and solid game from the defenseman. The one big issue again poor PP , some things remain the same.

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Confound
-Vindicated-

At least we actually have some good young guys we can call up/try out instead of a couple years ago when we had guys like Begin and Whitfield who were our only choice back then.

I think guys like Sauve, Caron, Spooner and Bourque can all play 3rd line minutes, then we have guys like Tardif and Macdermid as insurance. Plenty of depth which is huge for this team, now, depth on D is a whole different story. I still think we should maybe target someone more capable of filling in if someone gets injured during the year. I'm not a fan of Exelby or Johnson. I still think Warsofsky and Bartkowski need another year to grow before we call them up.

A guy I personally like and think would fit well with the team who could possibly be had for cheap is Cody Franson. Big, mobile, can play the puck pretty well for a young guy. Still has some potential, wouldn't mind Chia maybe dealing Caron for him.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jonathan17
Trollface!

I really liked Clode's strategy with the PP, having two PP units and those sub-units, rolling high-energy units one after the other. I haven't seen a team do that before, but it resulted in high-energy PP's. It didn't pay off tonight, but I could see it working well.

Jonathan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
It's to easy for the opposing players to get under his skin, He needs to control himself better.
It's not the first time he gets a game misconduct in front of the opposing team bench.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Just got in from the game ! .............freaking awesome opening night at TD . Tonight had the big 3 ............ Goaltending when needed , Defense stepped up ( Chara was on something ) And offense have to just put the puck on net Great night to be a Boston Bruin Diehard Fan

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:25 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
It's to easy for the opposing players to get under his skin, He needs to control himself better.
It's not the first time he gets a game misconduct in front of the opposing team bench.
When was the other time? If you're talking about last year, the league rescinded the call after seeing Lucic was still on the ice and not on the bench.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Just in from the game

The new Daddy scores (Looch was interviewed between periods and said " My first goal as a Dad"...He had a huge smile )..It was sweet. Some thought Looch wouldn't be in shape but he looked good to me.

The birthday boy scores. Happy Birthday Johnny B.

The defense looked excellent. They played very well in front of Tuukka.

The PK was so good.

The PP looks like it is gett ing better.

The B's have the best 4th line in the NHL. Nice to see Danny P. get a goal

What a fun game. It was great to see everyone.

Our boys played a real complete game.

01-19-2013, 10:30 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
When was the other time? If you're talking about last year, the league rescinded the call after seeing Lucic was still on the ice and not on the bench.
He's gotten a misconduct minor before...lead to the "control our emotions" quote

Looch played just the way we want him to. Big, mean, and potted the first goal

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
Yes its nice to have a Lucic that can control his anger and not have opposing teams receive free powerplays. I would rather have our players penalized for blood on our opponents then our players going to the box for calling their wifes something

Old
01-19-2013, 10:44 PM
masshlx

I would prefer Lucic didn't get a rep. Prefer the refs pay attention to the other team's faults.

Last edited by masshlx: 01-19-2013 at 10:50 PM.
masshlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

I'm ashamed at some of you Great posters who only gave Looch a 3.75% of scoring the first goal of the year. I knew that thread should have been for money.