Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Bret Hart Shoots On Triple H - Whoa...

Old
02-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

vCash: 500
Bret Hart Shoots On Triple H - Whoa...

Ouch... Won't be seeing Hart on WWE TV anytime in the future.

Domhnall Dubh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:52 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

He's right about alot of things, but triple h has had alot of really good matches. but WWE tries to portray HHH on the level of Hogan/Austin/Rock/HBK/Bret/Flair when he's not. before his matches with undertaker he never had ONE standout match at WM, his WM25 match with Orton was a major letdown and proved once and for all HHH is not at the top level

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:54 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
He's right about alot of things, but triple h has had alot of really good matches. but WWE tries to portray HHH on the level of Hogan/Austin/Rock/HBK/Bret/Flair when he's not. before his matches with undertaker he never had ONE standout match at WM, his WM25 match with Orton was a major letdown and proved once and for all HHH is not at the top level
Triple H has only had two good Wrestlemania matches. WM 17 vs Undertaker and WM 20 vs Benoit & HBK.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:58 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
HHH is alot of things but mediocre and average is not one of them.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:31 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
HHH is alot of things but mediocre and average is not one of them.
yes he is

like people have said, he's had a couple of great matched. but that's it

he slept his way to the main event on mediocre talent

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
yes he is

like people have said, he's had a couple of great matched. but that's it

he slept his way to the main event on mediocre talent
Triple H was going to be a main eventer regardless. He WAS in the main event before he started dating Steph too. Would he have as many World title reigns without Steph? No. Would he have as much power in the company? Hell no. But he'd still be a main eventer. Triple H had some great matches before his first quad tear.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:47 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Triple H was made by three great faces. Austin, Rock, and Foley.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:17 AM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 214
To me Foley made HHH at the 2000 Royal Rumble (think that was the year, the one at MSG). I agree with Hart and Cornette makes the same point, he is good but WWE put him among the elite category

HajdukSplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

The heel run Triple H had in 2002-2003 was one of the best in the promotion's history. The guy is a legend.

Domhnall Dubh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
To me Foley made HHH at the 2000 Royal Rumble (think that was the year, the one at MSG). I agree with Hart and Cornette makes the same point, he is good but WWE put him among the elite category
His Royal Rumble 2000 match was a war and I'll add Summerslam 2002 to his list of great matches as well.

From a technical wrestling standpoint, was HHH a great technical wrestler? No, but he was definitely good. I always thought from a psychological standpoint that he was great heel. He really made you HATE him when he was at his worst and that's something that not a lot of heels do anymore. I also think he needs to get credit for how easily he transitioned from DX HHH to "The Game". He went from being one of the most beloved face wrestlers to one of the most reviled heels.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:03 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
He's one of the best brawlers in the game. His matches, when physical, are tremendous. He's not going to pull an Owen/Bret type match. It's just what people want. Natey hates that type of match... I love it. I think all three matches with Taker are amazing. I think the Benoit match was great, too w/ HBK.

The only thing I'll give Hart credit for is that ONE match doesn't stand out in his career as a "must-see". No Rock/Austin WM 17, Austin/Hart, HBK/everyone, Savage/Steamboat, Hogan/Andre, etc.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

More bitter mumbling from Bret Hart. Like he hasnt said this tripe countless times before. Did his legends contract expire and just like before the screwjob Vince didnt want him around again to bring his company down?

HHH has been a main cog in the E machine and has reached levels Hart never achived. Its more jealously then anything and on that, I dont blame him for spouting off like a dejected ex girlfriend.

As for originality, Bret, Mysterio was mimicing Blue Demon and Punk is the biggest wannabe Maeda I have ever seen. Not that Hart wasnt original...if Dynamite Kid was never born, that is.

Just more of the same old same from one of the most bitterest men alive.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
cant believe no one remembers his classic WM12 match....

i agree with Hart on alot of things. but HHH was a good wrestler and his match with Taker had my heart racing. something no other match has done. as a fan of both wrestlers, it was too damn fun.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
He's one of the best brawlers in the game. His matches, when physical, are tremendous. He's not going to pull an Owen/Bret type match. It's just what people want. Natey hates that type of match... I love it. I think all three matches with Taker are amazing. I think the Benoit match was great, too w/ HBK.

The only thing I'll give Hart credit for is that ONE match doesn't stand out in his career as a "must-see". No Rock/Austin WM 17, Austin/Hart, HBK/everyone, Savage/Steamboat, Hogan/Andre, etc.
Yeah, I enjoy a technical match up, but I also love chaotic brawls that you'd see from Austin, HHH, Rock, etc... It's why Austin/HHH 3 stages of hell is one of my top matches of all time (#3 behind Austin/Hart WM13 and Austin/Rock WM17).

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

No shock that the one guy Martini loves is Haitch.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:38 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
Jim Cornette said it best:

Triple H is the guy that works the guy who draws the money.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
No shock that the one guy Martini loves is Haitch.
Where did I say I "love" HHH?

Old
02-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
cant believe no one remembers his classic WM12 match....
Nice

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Although I enjoyed Triple H's heel character throughout the years there is a lot of truth to what Bret says here. Maybe I'm biased due to the type of wrestling that entertains me but he really hasn't had that many great matches, been much of an innovator or performed many tremendous spots. I remember the first time I saw a Psicosis and young Rey Mysterio match; I was on the edge of my seat and became fan of both instantly because of their style, movesets,and the stunts. I became a fan of HHH more because of is look and that's it.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:51 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Hart wasn't insulting his mic skills or his brain for the business, I do agree with him, HHH was pretty meat and potatoes in the ring, and he got over because of his personality and understanding of what fans wanted to see.

But his work rate was pretty average with a few exceptions where he had a partner who would make him look better.

I don't think its bitter mumblings by Hart, its a pretty honest evaluation though.

The Truth is, while Hart buried the hatchet with McMahon and with HBK, I don't think that HHH came into that equation of forgiveness.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
Hart wasn't insulting his mic skills or his brain for the business, I do agree with him, HHH was pretty meat and potatoes in the ring, and he got over because of his personality and understanding of what fans wanted to see.

But his work rate was pretty average with a few exceptions where he had a partner who would make him look better.

I don't think its bitter mumblings by Hart, its a pretty honest evaluation though.

The Truth is, while Hart buried the hatchet with McMahon and with HBK, I don't think that HHH came into that equation of forgiveness.
I respect your opinion, but disagree completely.

Hart has done nothing but bleat from the sidelines after his concussion and has no leg to stand on in being considered anything he claims himself to be. His is talking originality when those who he pointed at are just not original and Hart himself is a rip off of a much better wrestler. He talked ring work when Hart has the dreaded five moves of doom worked into every match. Its a shame he actually tried to say he could telegraph a HHH match when anybody could telegraph a Hart match just as easily, so he is being hypocritical.

HHH has a legacy as being one of the biggest stars ever during the biggest time frame of the biz while Hart was nothing but a ham and egger who thought he deserved such a spot and was laughed out of it by Vince, then turned into a JFTTS while in WCW. Hart let this industry consume him like nothing else and has nothing to show for it.

Thats him. He has to live with it.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Mister Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Nice

as much crap as fans like to give John Cena, at least he's never done something like THAT.

As for this interview, I'm sure Bret is mostly talking pure wrestling skills. It strikes me as something he'd say about a guy like Hulk Hogan, not exactly a technician in the ring, but a huge personality. And really, that's what draws big in Vince McMahon's world. (Plus Hart's thoughts on the Ultimate Warrior are hundreds of times less flattering that his thoughts on HHH).

For example, in the last Mania match with Taker, i was a pure brawl kind of match, with a lot of the drama coming out of false finishes, like kicking out of Pedigrees, Choke Slams, Sweet Chin Music + Pedigree, etc. Honestly even going with HHH's match with Lesnar, it wasn't exactly magic, like how Lesnar and Cena was at Extreme Rules (in the same style of match).

Mister Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:40 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
You are so right, HHH owes his career to Foley, Foley made him look like a million bucks, and what does HHH do? always trashes Mick behind his back. HHH stomped on so many guys, Kane and RVD's careers could have been made by him, but HHH refused to give them the gold

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:00 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post

I agree with everything you said. Triple H was a bonafide main eventer but he was a 2nd tier guy, not the equal to Austin/Rock/Hogan that the WWE brass try to claim he is. He's more of a Randy Orton than a John Cena.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Ozz

No mention of this one? Shame!

I've always liked HHH but no, he's not the most talented technical wrestler. Not that that's a bad thing. I never understood why people detract from others based on criteria that isn't the only criteria that really matters. No one ever complains that their Ferrari can't carry a lot of groceries...

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote