Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Monday Night Raw Discussion Thread #38

Old
01-25-2013, 01:04 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 85
Oh, and as for Brad Maddox... he's great. Always will be.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." - PK Subban
He has physical charisma. When he talks he sounds like a gps device in a car. "In 500 feet, belie dat!" - NewAgeOutlaw
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:06 PM
M.C.G. 31

The Rock has now been confirmed for the 3/26 Smackdown taping in Hershey, PA.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Foy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Turn Punk face again. I haven't been invested in his heel run since the recent program with Rock.
The only good thing that came out of face Punk was when HHH had the mass walkout, and asked Punk to be the announcer for the match.
"Can I wear your jacket?"

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:09 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Alright, so now we have a new champion. Rock, change the title please? Kthx

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:30 PM
M.C.G. 31

WWE is hyping Raw and saying Vince McMahon has "big plans" for Paul Heyman tomorrow night. Hmm... maybe a Lesnar appearance?

Old
01-28-2013, 02:40 AM
M.C.G. 31

So, Rock is the WWE Champion, Cena won the Rumble, Vince and Heyman will meet and Punk will definitely have words on what happened at the Rumble.

Can anyone say "ratings"? Wouldn't be surprised if they hit a 3.3 - 3.5

Old
01-28-2013, 07:55 AM
AlanHUK

I'd love it if the WWE poll of which title should Cena go for can be vote stuffed into it saying WHC

AlanHUK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:05 PM
RussianRocket10

So who comes out to open Raw, Punk? Rock? Cena?

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:09 PM
M.C.G. 31

Smart money says build anticipation to The Rock's first promo as WWE Champion and close the show, but if they have something big planned for McMahon/Heyman, that's closing.

Something big = Shield attacking McMahon or Lesnar attacking McMahon to begin building to WM.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:17 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Smart money says build anticipation to The Rock's first promo as WWE Champion and close the show, but if they have something big planned for McMahon/Heyman, that's closing.

Something big = Shield attacking McMahon or Lesnar attacking McMahon to begin building to WM.
Heyman should not close a show, no way.

A CM Punk promo should open the show saying he was robbed of his title and wants his rematch without any bogus stipulations.

The second hour begins with a Ziggler/Jericho segment.

Third hour begins with the Vince/Heyman segment.

Cena comes out with 15 minutes left to cut a promo about his Wrestlemania decision, Rock interrupts him and they have a 10 minute segment to close the show.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:25 PM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Heyman should not close a show, no way.

A CM Punk promo should open the show saying he was robbed of his title and wants his rematch without any bogus stipulations.

The second hour begins with a Ziggler/Jericho segment.

Third hour begins with the Vince/Heyman segment.

Cena comes out with 15 minutes left to cut a promo about his Wrestlemania decision, Rock interrupts him and they have a 10 minute segment to close the show.
If something big is going to happen, Vince and Heyman will close. This all seems very similar to HHH/Laurinaitis last year post-Rumble when The Undertaker returned.

It'll either be:

A) Cena opens the show. CM Punk cuts a promo at the 9 PM slot. Vince/Heyman at 10 PM including a run in from The Shield. The Rock cuts his final promo at the overrun and is interrupted by Punk, Shield and/or Cena.

B) The Rock opens the show and introduces a new Championship, CM Punk goes off on what happened at the Rumble at 9 PM, John Cena cuts a promo about his win at 10 PM and Vince/Heyman are the overrun and it includes CM Punk and maybe Undertaker, HHH and/or Lesnar (a surprise appearance just like last year's post-Rumble).

It all depends on what's planned. If you're bringing back a guy like Undertaker or Lesnar tonight, they need to close. If you're not, Rocky needs to close and you need to build up his first promo as WWE Champion throughout the night.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:28 PM
RussianRocket10

For some reason I could see Cena or The Rock making Twice in a Lifetime jokes.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:47 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
If something big is going to happen, Vince and Heyman will close. This all seems very similar to HHH/Laurinaitis last year post-Rumble when The Undertaker returned.

It'll either be:

A) Cena opens the show. CM Punk cuts a promo at the 9 PM slot. Vince/Heyman at 10 PM including a run in from The Shield. The Rock cuts his final promo at the overrun and is interrupted by Punk, Shield and/or Cena.

B) The Rock opens the show and introduces a new Championship, CM Punk goes off on what happened at the Rumble at 9 PM, John Cena cuts a promo about his win at 10 PM and Vince/Heyman are the overrun and it includes CM Punk and maybe Undertaker, HHH and/or Lesnar (a surprise appearance just like last year's post-Rumble).

It all depends on what's planned. If you're bringing back a guy like Undertaker or Lesnar tonight, they need to close. If you're not, Rocky needs to close and you need to build up his first promo as WWE Champion throughout the night.
Completely agree. I was just spitballing under the assumption that Lesnar/Taker would not be part of the show tonight.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:48 PM
M.C.G. 31

The entire thing just feels like it's being set up for a Taker or Lesnar return. We'll see.

I just had a terrible thought in my head that Bo Dallas eliminating Barrett last night is going to lead to him winning the Intercontinental Championship off Barrett. ****.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:52 PM
M.C.G. 31

With the 2013 Royal Rumble now in the history books, WWE's next pay-per-view offering will be Elimination Chamber on Sunday, February 17, 2013 from New Orleans, Louisiana.

New WWE Champion The Rock is scheduled to wrestle on the show and WWE's original plans called for The Rock competing in his first Elimination Chamber match. F4wonline.com is now reporting that there's talk of The Rock defending against CM Punk on the show in a singles match, but we should find out more tonight on RAW.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:07 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
With the 2013 Royal Rumble now in the history books, WWE's next pay-per-view offering will be Elimination Chamber on Sunday, February 17, 2013 from New Orleans, Louisiana.

New WWE Champion The Rock is scheduled to wrestle on the show and WWE's original plans called for The Rock competing in his first Elimination Chamber match. F4wonline.com is now reporting that there's talk of The Rock defending against CM Punk on the show in a singles match, but we should find out more tonight on RAW.
A nice squeaky clean hulk up victory for Rock, just to get Punk out of the title scene for Mania I'm only half joking.

Hopefully I'm left to eat crow on that statement.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:08 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
The entire thing just feels like it's being set up for a Taker or Lesnar return. We'll see.

I just had a terrible thought in my head that Bo Dallas eliminating Barrett last night is going to lead to him winning the Intercontinental Championship off Barrett. ****.
They certainly planted the seeds for that. If they are trying to make the mid card titles a little more meaningful though, then the last guy that should be beating Wade for it is a Bo Dallas.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

REALLY excited for RAW tonight. First RAW on the road to WM plus its RAW Roulette.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:20 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

I bet Cena closes the show with a Royal Rumble victory speech.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:44 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Only worth it if Rock and/or Punk and/or Brock beat him down in the middle of the ring.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Goalchenyuk87

People said last week Cena's promo probably was his lamest promo ever... Nobody cares about him, nobody wants to see him win at WM cause obviously this is what's going to happen.... WHY VINCE WHY

They need to put Punk inside the main event.

I am happy to see Rocky carrying the Belt, this guy is part of my childhood... At least I will see The Rock for a couple weeks

Cena winning the main event really don't thrill me.... I have the choice to read spoilers instead of seeing pure crap on live tv.

Goalchenyuk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:55 PM
duckchobbins

Ever since Rock won at WM28, It's been pretty well assumed by just about everyone that Cena would beat the Rock clean at WM29, and honestly I am fine with that. Heck, I thought Cena probably should have gone over at WM28 as well. It's not the result, it's how they choose to write it that will make or break it for me. For example, Cena beating Lesnar at Extreme Rules was great, and one of the few victories Cena had in recent years that I could really get behind. The match was fast, heavy, brutal, and had a good finish that made sense for both Lesnar AND Cena.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:57 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
I expect him and Rock seal the deal tonight with another hand shake and agreeing to the rematch.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 2013
Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised, although I was kinda surprised last night when the Rumble didn't go on last since they had Cena booked to win.

I'm sure we'll see Cole and Lawler hype Cena's first ever interview since winning the Rumble all show long.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:00 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
I expect him and Rock seal the deal tonight with another hand shake and agreeing to the rematch.
Which is putting the horse before the cart, considering the uncertainty of the Elimination Chamber ppv. Unless they're just saying too bad Phil, no rematch clause for now, and congrats Mr Johnson no title defense for you til April.