HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Monday Night Raw Discussion Thread #38

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 11:28 PM
  #951
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 72,852
vCash: 192
The whole thing felt like when Evolution was trying to escape in 2004 from Orton, Benoit, Jericho and Maven but the entire Raw came out and blocked off every exit.

At least, I think that was the angle, I remember it happened to Evolution.

The angle has legs now. The Shield finally cut a live promo and there's more to it than The Shield just attacking everyone randomly. They'll get their comeuppance next week, most likely.

__________________
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:36 PM
  #952
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 72,852
vCash: 192
Find it odd how they hyped up Cena calling out The Shield all night only for Maddox to end up calling them out and avoiding Cena doing it.

I really wish they didn't have that footage last week, because this all could have led to Cena being revealed as the mastermind behind The Shield. The only way the fans won't completely **** on Cena winning the title at WM29 from The Rock is with a big swerve and/or heel turn, and Cena shaking hands with The Shield to close WM29 would have been huge after they get involved to cost Rock the title.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:40 PM
  #953
elias026
Registered User
 
elias026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Find it odd how they hyped up Cena calling out The Shield all night only for Maddox to end up calling them out and avoiding Cena doing it.

I really wish they didn't have that footage last week, because this all could have led to Cena being revealed as the mastermind behind The Shield. The only way the fans won't completely **** on Cena winning the title at WM29 from The Rock is with a big swerve and/or heel turn, and Cena shaking hands with The Shield to close WM29 would have been huge after they get involved to cost Rock the title.
the last 3,4,5 years there has been alot of opportunity for Cena to become a heel, Its time to give it a rest its not gonna happen.( I dont think we will ever see a heel Cena again)

elias026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:42 PM
  #954
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 13,863
vCash: 50
Anyone know a place where I can watch the show? I came home late, forgot to record it.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:44 PM
  #955
Erlich Bachman
Moderator
Damnit, Jian Yang!
 
Erlich Bachman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,427
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias026 View Post
the last 3,4,5 years there has been alot of opportunity for Cena to become a heel, Its time to give it a rest its not gonna happen.( I dont think we will ever see a heel Cena again)
The thing is, the more he's booed, the more Cena is really a heel.

He's getting booed out of a lot of buildings right now. The last year, for me at least, his reactions are more and more boo's.

So he can keep his stale, "Hustle. Loyalty. Respect" "Overcome all the Odds" character, the fans will just keep on booing, and then everyone he faces they'll end up cheering (or at least half and half).

Erlich Bachman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:45 PM
  #956
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 72,852
vCash: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias026 View Post
the last 3,4,5 years there has been alot of opportunity for Cena to become a heel, Its time to give it a rest its not gonna happen.( I dont think we will ever see a heel Cena again)
As soon as a babyface rises to the top and can replace him as a money maker, Cena will be heel.

That being said, no one has that potential in the company. Not even in FCW. The next legit #1 face is somewhere else in the world not in the WWE system. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's either in wrestling school now, working low-level indy shows, high school, middle school or somewhere else, but he ain't in the WWE.



Fella was excited!

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:04 AM
  #957
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Jack Swagger looks like Dean Ambrose

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:04 AM
  #958
Dr Pepper
Registered User
 
Dr Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,541
vCash: 50
Is that Sheamus on Price is Right or something?

__________________
RIP octopi and parabola.
Dr Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:12 AM
  #959
AfroThunder396
Certified G
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,354
vCash: 1670
Swagger looks like he's smaller than he used to be in terms of muscle and he looks weird without his hair all gelled up. It'll take some getting used to. But I'm glad they're not booking him like a giant pansy anymore. He needs to be a physically dominating submission heel.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:14 AM
  #960
KesselBuiltMyHotrod
Registered User
 
KesselBuiltMyHotrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,496
vCash: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
As soon as a babyface rises to the top and can replace him as a money maker, Cena will be heel.

That being said, no one has that potential in the company. Not even in FCW. The next legit #1 face is somewhere else in the world not in the WWE system. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's either in wrestling school now, working low-level indy shows, high school, middle school or somewhere else, but he ain't in the WWE.
Brad Maddox.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:16 AM
  #961
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 72,852
vCash: 192
Oh, and Roman Reigns is going to be a superstar. The guy is improving at such a quick rate. His live mic work was very well done and was actually better than anything in the pre-taped videos, IMO. The guy is going to be a top guy when The Shield run is over with.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:23 AM
  #962
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Oh, and Roman Reigns is going to be a superstar. The guy is improving at such a quick rate. His live mic work was very well done and was actually better than anything in the pre-taped videos, IMO. The guy is going to be a top guy when The Shield run is over with.
He has the size (6'3'' 265 lbs) that the other two member of the Shield simply don't have.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:26 AM
  #963
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 72,852
vCash: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
He has the size (6'3'' 265 lbs) that the other two member of the Shield simply don't have.
Ambrose is billed at 6'4" (although all three look the same height, so my guess would be 6'1" or 6'2") but Reigns does have the look AND he can actually talk. He surprised me and has continuously gotten better. He'll probably end up like Batista (although less drawing power, Batista's one of the biggest draws post-Attitude Era).

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:30 AM
  #964
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Ambrose is billed at 6'4" (although all three look the same height, so my guess would be 6'1" or 6'2") but Reigns does have the look AND he can actually talk. He surprised me and has continuously gotten better. He'll probably end up like Batista (although less drawing power, Batista's one of the biggest draws post-Attitude Era).
Agreed, he has main event look unlike Rollins and Ambrose. The guy is jacked as hell.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:31 AM
  #965
HF007
nWo
 
HF007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
How cool would it have been if ryback cena and sheamus got in the ring but joined the shield and attacked the rest of the roster

HF007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:36 AM
  #966
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 72,852
vCash: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF007 View Post
How cool would it have been if ryback cena and sheamus got in the ring but joined the shield and attacked the rest of the roster
Vince...

Russo...?

Is that you?

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:50 AM
  #967
Stad
@Hagelin2Kessel
 
Stad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Is that Sheamus on Price is Right or something?

Stad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:50 AM
  #968
parabola
BOlieve dat
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 44,007
vCash: 500
WWE is booking The Shield so well... Fairly good RAW. CM Punk is just bonkers good at promos.

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:59 AM
  #969
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 72,852
vCash: 192
Dr. Shelby @DrShelbyTweets
I'm sorry I could not be @WWE #Raw to support #TeamHellNo tonight. My son, Richard, had a badminton game. He lost. He's not good. #honesty

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:05 AM
  #970
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 72,852
vCash: 192
WWE has a video of Cena challenging The Shield to a six man tag at Elimination Chamber.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:34 AM
  #971
parabola
BOlieve dat
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 44,007
vCash: 500
Pretty obvious that was going to happen. They've been setting that up on TV for awhile.

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:39 AM
  #972
RayLeeCharles
Registered User
 
RayLeeCharles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WaSt
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Reigns mic work reminds me of Kevin Nash for some reason.

RayLeeCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:58 AM
  #973
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
I don't like that this happened to the Shield, but it had to happen after what they've been doing for the last 2 months. You can have them sneak attacking several guys, and not have it blow up in their faces like this. This had to happen. Now the bigger question is, where does the Shield go on from here?
Its obvious where they go from here. They get buried by Cena in the Elimination Chamber.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:56 AM
  #974
iamjs
Unregistered User
 
iamjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Has jericho ever tried a cod breaker on Punk? I can't even remember, Seems like they'd put it somewher ein the match at some point..


Spoil:
Cod breaker? Cod broken.


iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:20 AM
  #975
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 59,210
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Is that Sheamus on Price is Right or something?
Post of the night..

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
WWE is booking The Shield so well... Fairly good RAW. CM Punk is just bonkers good at promos.
Cena/Ryback/Sheamus coming out of the crowd was pretty cool. I didn't expect that after what happened last time Punk was in the crowd. I thought that was a cool way to mock their entrance. Got the crowd up, too.

Also really enjoyed Punk/Jericho. Man oh man what a match up that was. THAT is what we all begged for at Wrestlemania. The battle of the two bests in the world reversing moves. When Jericho got the Walls on, the crowd exploded. That could have been huge at wrestlemania. Instead they went the route of having it a brutal slug fest.

Punk sometimes can be too creative for his own good. Like losing the title to the "people's elbow" being something they loved. The crowd never got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Dr. Shelby @DrShelbyTweets
I'm sorry I could not be @WWE #Raw to support #TeamHellNo tonight. My son, Richard, had a badminton game. He lost. He's not good. #honesty


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
WWE has a video of Cena challenging The Shield to a six man tag at Elimination Chamber.
Yeah.... that was inevitable. It'd be nice for them to turn Ryback heel or do something there. Maybe even Sheamus. The Shield winning would be huge.

Also.. hope that's an EC match.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.