HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils beat Isles 2-1 (No Points for you, Isles....or Rangers!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 07:19 PM
  #251
HeliDevil
Legend
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
Plus he and Kovy are BFF's.

Is the chubby one Volch's?

HeliDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:23 PM
  #252
tycobb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Mark Fayne is the best bang for his buck on our defense and he's 25. Let me say that again, he's 25. You don't trade the awesome defenseman who's 25 and signed to a great contract. The only defenseman younger then him is Larsson. But hey, lets trade him!
Yea I would be surprised if we moved Fayne. He is a big young kid who already played 2 solid years for us. I am hoping he takes it to another level this year and becomes our #1 defenseman that we have been lacking.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:34 PM
  #253
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Mark Fayne is the best bang for his buck on our defense and he's 25. Let me say that again, he's 25. You don't trade the awesome defenseman who's 25 and signed to a great contract. The only defenseman younger then him is Larsson. But hey, lets trade him!
If we didn't have a solid pipeline of defenseman, I'd agree with you but people want a top-6 winger and the other team is going to ask for Fayne, rightfully so.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:36 PM
  #254
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Is the chubby one Volch's?
Yep.


Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:39 PM
  #255
Nat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Guys, you're creepy. Where you got all this pictures?

Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:43 PM
  #256
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
I stalk them.

Browsing through players Facebooks and saw his wifes.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:56 PM
  #257
NJD Kula
Wilkes-Barre Devils?
 
NJD Kula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Пок
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Mark Fayne is the best bang for his buck on our defense and he's 25. Let me say that again, he's 25. You don't trade the awesome defenseman who's 25 and signed to a great contract. The only defenseman younger then him is Larsson. But hey, lets trade him!
You do of you want something in return of value.

Can't get Freisen without Sykora, no Mogilny without Morrison, and no Kovalchuk without... Errr lol Bergfors?

NJD Kula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:08 PM
  #258
VaxjoDevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I'm not worried about the offence, everybody is off their timing to start the season. We won't be an offensive powerhouse this year, but we'll score enough to win.

Marty played well, the defence played well, all the kids looked good. We could have done much worse out of the season opener.
We'll score enough to win only if he have a very solid defense. There will be a lot of low scoring games and DeBoer knows it.

I just think he doesn't think it's the best time for Larsson to have an audition out there right now. He did not dominate in Albany, had everything from very good to pretty mediocre games. Larsson has a fan club here, I get that, but I don't think DeBoer is ready to scratch Tallinder or Volchenkov, who gives us a better chance to win. Yeah, Volch is not always that brilliant but he is a seasoned veteran and should have a solid spot on the team as is right now.

Our depth on D right now doesn't really allow Larsson on the team, it's trade a D-man or wait until one gets hurt. And one or the other will happen.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:20 AM
  #259
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Please buyout Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 39,798
vCash: 500
I personally think the only defensemen that management has off limits for a trade are Larsson, Salvador (Captain) and maybe Greene unless we get a very good return for him. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Fayne for the right return.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:29 AM
  #260
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Please buyout Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 39,798
vCash: 500
I wonder how we'll hold up against Philly? Can we score more than 2? The PK has to get better cause we can't afford to give up a PP goal a game when we're gonna give up even strength goals most games.

I like how we pinned them in their zone for the most part. Can we do that to the teams that are a little more tougher though? We got 28 shots, and probably had none on the PP yesterday, maybe 1 on the PP. It looked like hell, but that's a new system so I'll give that some time to gel. I have to ask though, what was Bernier doing on the PP with 30 seconds left? I'm cool with those guys on the PK, but PP?

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:42 AM
  #261
NjDevsRR
Registered User
 
NjDevsRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ocean County, NJ
Posts: 2,138
vCash: 500
Flyers defense is atrocious so I am not worried about our offense Tuesday. The key is to not allow their offense to hem us in our own zone.

NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:43 AM
  #262
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Please buyout Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 39,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
Flyers defense is atrocious so I am not worried about our offense Tuesday. The key is to not allow their offense to hem us in our own zone.
Yeah that's what I'm hoping.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:51 AM
  #263
VaxjoDevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I wonder how we'll hold up against Philly? Can we score more than 2? The PK has to get better cause we can't afford to give up a PP goal a game when we're gonna give up even strength goals most games.

I like how we pinned them in their zone for the most part. Can we do that to the teams that are a little more tougher though? We got 28 shots, and probably had none on the PP yesterday, maybe 1 on the PP. It looked like hell, but that's a new system so I'll give that some time to gel. I have to ask though, what was Bernier doing on the PP with 30 seconds left? I'm cool with those guys on the PK, but PP?
I'm optimistic about Tuesday, our defense should be able to handle Philly, and their defensive play is so-so, there will be opportunities.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:18 AM
  #264
schoenfeld
2 Way Contract
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 1,916
vCash: 500
volch you really gotta stop being all "ha ha we live here in america, eat like kings!" with your kid, little homies gonna end up diabetic or something


lou trade this man

schoenfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:38 AM
  #265
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
I want to see how he plays with Stevens behind the bench. Scott is the perfect teacher for a player like Volchenkov.
With Volch, what you see is what you get at this point. And what made Stevens so great was his sense of timing. He knew when to step up for the big hit, and when to give ground. That isn't really teachable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if Fayne is traded. People want a top-6 winger but then **** on Volchenkov and Tallinder while offering them. It doesn't work both ways.
Fayne won't be traded, he is too good a value for the money he's making right now. Only if it's for a similarly underpaid forward could I see it happening, and even then I'd be very puzzled.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:13 AM
  #266
WhiskeyYourTheDevils
Registered User
 
WhiskeyYourTheDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,777
vCash: 500
I'd like to see Matteau switched with Zubrus to balance out the lines a bit. Use matteau in the same way palmieri was used. Keep the teddy clarky Elias line together and the gio Bernier carter line together. Then when henrique gets back put him with josefson and zubrus.

Matteau - zajac -kovy
Tedenby - Elias - Clarkson
Zubrus - josefson - henrique
Gionta - carter - bernier

I think that gives us a very balanced attack with really no weak line. The only concern would be the two way play of line 1.

WhiskeyYourTheDevils is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:46 AM
  #267
Capt Brycey Poo
Holik to HHOF
 
Capt Brycey Poo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyYourTheDevils View Post
I'd like to see Matteau switched with Zubrus to balance out the lines a bit. Use matteau in the same way palmieri was used. Keep the teddy clarky Elias line together and the gio Bernier carter line together. Then when henrique gets back put him with josefson and zubrus.

Matteau - zajac -kovy
Tedenby - Elias - Clarkson
Zubrus - josefson - henrique
Gionta - carter - bernier

I think that gives us a very balanced attack with really no weak line. The only concern would be the two way play of line 1.
I like the Idea of Matteau in 1st line. He has the hands and hockey IQ Palmieri never had. He might do good with Kovy.

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:14 AM
  #268
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
We'll score enough to win only if he have a very solid defense. There will be a lot of low scoring games and DeBoer knows it.

I just think he doesn't think it's the best time for Larsson to have an audition out there right now. He did not dominate in Albany, had everything from very good to pretty mediocre games. Larsson has a fan club here, I get that, but I don't think DeBoer is ready to scratch Tallinder or Volchenkov, who gives us a better chance to win. Yeah, Volch is not always that brilliant but he is a seasoned veteran and should have a solid spot on the team as is right now.

Our depth on D right now doesn't really allow Larsson on the team, it's trade a D-man or wait until one gets hurt. And one or the other will happen.
You might be right... But why not send him back to Albany, where he can actually play and improve his overall game instead of watching games and have Harrold as a #7?

Wouldn't Larsson benefit more from playing heavy minutes in the AHL instead of zero minutes in the NHL?

P.S. the fact that Adam made us a "favour" when he signed his ELC, only for him to be in the press box right now, would leave a sour taste in my mouth if I where in his shoes.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:19 AM
  #269
Team Concept
Registered User
 
Team Concept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Wingdale, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kulachuk View Post
You do of you want something in return of value.

Can't get Freisen without Sykora, no Mogilny without Morrison, and no Kovalchuk without... Errr lol Bergfors?
...and Guerin for Arnott

...Muller for Richer

...and Sylvain Turgeon for Claude Lemieux

Team Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:36 AM
  #270
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyYourTheDevils View Post
I'd like to see Matteau switched with Zubrus to balance out the lines a bit. Use matteau in the same way palmieri was used. Keep the teddy clarky Elias line together and the gio Bernier carter line together. Then when henrique gets back put him with josefson and zubrus.

Matteau - zajac -kovy
Tedenby - Elias - Clarkson
Zubrus - josefson - henrique
Gionta - carter - bernier

I think that gives us a very balanced attack with really no weak line. The only concern would be the two way play of line 1.
So where would you put Zubrus until Henrique comes back then?

I like the idea, but it`s too big of a promotion. Palmieri didn`t earn it either (like Henrique), but I didn`t care for him much and never felt like he`ll be here for a longer period of time. I want to play it safe with Matteau.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:38 AM
  #271
tycobb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
So where would you put Zubrus until Henrique comes back then?

I like the idea, but it`s too big of a promotion. Palmieri didn`t earn it either (like Henrique), but I didn`t care for him much and never felt like he`ll be here for a longer period of time. I want to play it safe with Matteau.
Matteau isn't going to play 1st line minutes.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:43 AM
  #272
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,986
vCash: 500
Trade Fayne? I definitely have no fingerprints on this one although I won't be shocked if someone blew it out of proportion again with grade A literacy.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:43 AM
  #273
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
Matteau isn't going to play 1st line minutes.
Well, thank you captain obvious.

Maybe one day he will, hopefully. I`m just responding to someone`s wishful idea and putting it into perspective. Forgive moi.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:44 AM
  #274
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Henrique Zajac Kovalchuk
Tedenby Elias Zubrus
Matteau Josefson Clarktard
Carter Gionta Bernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Trade Fayne? I definitely have no fingerprints on this one although I won't be shocked if someone blew it out of proportion again with grade A literacy.
You're crazy. Why would you want to do that? Faynes blah blah corsi blah blah seeing eye flub shot knuckle puck GOLDBERRRRRRRRRRRG

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:51 AM
  #275
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Well, thank you captain obvious.

Maybe one day he will, hopefully. I`m just responding to someone`s wishful idea and putting it into perspective. Forgive moi.
No way!
<---- studmuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
You're crazy. Why would you want to do that? Faynes blah blah corsi blah blah seeing eye flub shot knuckle puck GOLDBERRRRRRRRRRRG

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.