HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs 2 - 1 Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

vCash: 500
The Good:
Emelin

The Bad:
Everyone else

Emelin was a boss tonight.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
Had the Habs negotiated with him when Cunny got hired, I think he would be here today.
I doubt Hartley would have wanted to be hired by a lame duck GM in Gauthier.

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
You guys realize that by playing Bouillon and Armstrong a lot we might be able to boost their values enough to get something for them at the deadline. I bet that is a big reason for some of these icetime allocation decisions.

Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Predictably, this was a very choppy game, so you can't really read much into it. Even the ice conditions appeared to be rusty from the lockout. The puck was like a tennis ball at times.

However, one adjustment right off the bat that I would like is to have Diaz paired with Markov on the PP. Diaz is the best trigger option on the squad at this point. Move Kaberle to the 2nd unit with Emelin. We dont need Gorges or Bouillon on the PP.

Its going to take a while for MT and the players to get in sync. This where the coaching overhaul is going to burn the habs this year, because there wont be much practice time in this condensed schedule. For your own health, I suggest you guys keep your expectations low this season.

Last edited by Hackett: 01-19-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
The Good:
Emelin

The Bad:
Everyone else

Emelin can hit, but he struggle defensively. Markov was our best D

Old
01-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Was at the game. Both team suck . But the Habs transition game was horrible . Almost every pass was in the skate.

They looked scare and timid with the puck tonight and they need to clear the puck in front of Price.

But team looked like bad team.
I would say it has to do with the pressure of trying to finish higher than 15th.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Kaberle was instrumental in your third period surge. Markov looked like he was out to lunch same with your top line. Otherwise it was a garbage hockey game by both teams, with hardly any cohesion on either side. I wouldnt hang your heads on that one boys. Good game, see you next time (hopefully for a better showing).
1st sentence was enough to know you were a leafs fan...

Old
01-19-2013, 10:18 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

On a side note... Jagr with 2 goals and 2 assists tonight.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:18 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
The Good:
Emelin

The Bad:
Everyone else

This is the best post tonight. Agree with 100%

Old
01-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Dont Poke Subban
Fall is coming

damn ryan white started this whole mess when he crashed the goalie in his 1st shift. prust couldve scored his 1st goal too.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:20 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
You guys realize that by playing Bouillon and Armstrong a lot we might be able to boost their values enough to get something for them at the deadline. I bet that is a big reason for some of these icetime allocation decisions.
coach in love with them.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
lol so was bouillon.. bouillon got beat EVERY TIME. Ever single time.
By the time Kessel beat him in that one-on-one battle for the puck and got that scoring chance relatively early on I was already fed up with watching Bouillon in a Habs jersey again. Seeing him completely unable to even move the guy screening Price on Kadri's goal, though, and seeing how slow he is these days skating back to retrieve pucks on top of everything else... I'm seriously worried if he's going to be leaned on for 20 minutes every night.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Well instead of panicking and overanalyzing everything I decided to just focus on certain things. First off, we badly need PK because two of our pairings have defenseman (who don't necessarily deserve to be in such a position) are playing on their off-side. Emelin played a bad game defensively tonight, he seemed really slow and he was pretty lost in the defensive zone once the Leafs had the puck. Gorges and Bouillon was good in 2007-2008 for us as a bottom pair but not as a top 4 one, especially when Bouillon is a lot older. I've noticed that because these two were playing on their off-side, they were having a lot of difficulties winning their battles but also doing a quick pass out of the zone. Emelin struggled a lot tonight with the puck and getting it to his teammates out of the zone, especially behind his net. With PK there, the pairings are a lot more stable and everyone is playing where they should be and the team as a whole is less vulnerable against favorable matchups from the opposite team. Also like others have said this was pretty much our 1st preseason game and the team is trying to play a new system so we shouldn't expect perfect execution and synchronism on the very first game of the season when they had 6 days to practice and make changes. I liked the White-Prust-Armstrong line tonight, played the way I expected them to and probably was the best line for Montreal. Eller was on and off, took some stupid decisions with the puck and was pretty bad along the boards which isn't what we're used to with him. The first line played terrible, aside from a couple of chances (Cole's deflection and Desharnais hitting the post) they weren't generating anything. No cycle, no creativity and really no scoring chances.

The team got better as the game went on, I really liked Diaz tonight. He always manages to get his shots on net and I appreciate that. Not many defense on our team can do that with the same consistency. The team didn't lose because of a lack of effort but they were really sluggish out there. The Leafs didn't outplay them, they made the best out of their chances but I wasn't impressed by their team at all.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Markov was our best player tonight . The only guy on the team who was a little bit creative with the puck.

Bourque played well , Gally was ok at least he shoot the puck and try to create plays in the offensive zone .

Price was good

The rest were meh or garbage

Old
01-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Boost their value from what, to what? And how many games of a 48 game season do you spend eeking out that amount of increased value (well... HOPING they increase their value with their play, lol)? If that is the case, then I guess I'm worried about who's in control of the ship as well (unless a "deliberately unintentional" tank is in the works, I suppose, 'cause that might be half clever, actually).

Old
01-19-2013, 10:25 PM
LeBlondeDemon10
10 AM Its Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Therrien was the best coach available at the time when he hired him.
I think Jacques Martin was. He got the most out of the players out of any Montreal coach in the last 5 years.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Captain Saku

Price was our best player, Markov was our 2nd best. All the rest were meh. 1st and 3rd lines were terrible.

As for Galchenyuk, he was ok, didnt make any mistake and didnt look out of place.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:28 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Bouillon got 23 min ice time? Michel, Michel, Michel... Is this your vision for the future?

Old
01-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlondeDemon10 View Post
I think Jacques Martin was. He got the most out of the players out of any Montreal coach in the last 5 years.
yeah like that was going to happen...

Old
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Impossible, he's finished! We don't need him, we rather like over paying for 4th line plumbers and AHL level defensemen.

Old
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Price was our best player, Markov was our 2nd best. All the rest were meh. 1st and 3rd lines were terrible.

As for Galchenyuk, he was ok, didnt make any mistake and didnt look out of place.
Thats how i saw the game as well..

Old
01-19-2013, 10:32 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Impossible, he's finished! We don't need him, we rather like over paying for 4th line plumbers and AHL level defensemen.
saku, souray, and kovalev played tonight

Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
However, one adjustment right off the bat that I would like is to have Diaz paired with Markov on the PP. Diaz is the best trigger option on the squad at this point. Move Kaberle to the 2nd unit with Emelin. We dont need Gorges or Bouillon on the PP.
I'd rather put Gorges on the PP than Emelin. Gorges makes smart decisions with the puck, and sometimes that all you need the other guy on the point to do. Underrated for his ability to get the puck on the net, too. Again, comes from smart decisions with the puck. Gorges isn't exactly a prolific shooter, but I trust him to get pucks through the defending forwards more than I do Emelin. Sometimes that's all it takes to create chances with a man advantage.

But yeah, 'yes' to Diaz, 'no' to Bouillon. Man, even I'm surprised at how quickly I'm done with him, hahaha.

Old
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Yeah, Jagr will obviously do well in pre season play. Check back in April.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
Bouillon got 23 min ice time? Michel, Michel, Michel...
And Diaz only played 14mins. Hopefully, Diaz gains the confidence of MT, because he really should be playing more, presumably at the expense of bouillon.

Closed Thread