HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Game Colorado Avalanche Vs Minnesota Wild Jan. 19/2013 7:00PM MST.

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
BoxOfChocolates

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Perma-ban these guys please.
Zanon's beard overrules any mod on this website

Old
01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Mouse21*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
You should be out there to replace him then.
yea, thats valid

Old
01-19-2013, 11:28 PM
The Shermanator
cooler than kento

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Zanon's beard overrules any mod on this website
How was Zanon tonight btw? I missed all by the 3rd.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
Duchene was not OK IMO, he was horrible. They pretty much all were.
lol

Yeah, I wonder sometimes with some people, if the Avs had played the EXACT SAME WAY, except those 3 posts would have gone in, if you wouldn't have been happy with the way everyone played. Probably. I've never seen even an ounce of positive out of you anyways, so it's certainly no surprise.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:29 PM
BrickAHL
Sasha Banks GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
He was pretty good in my opinion. He plays a safe, smart and solid game also he blocked a shot with his beard.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:29 PM
BoxOfChocolates

vCash: 1150
Quote:
I thought he was quite solid, especially in the first.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:31 PM
The Shermanator
cooler than kento

Cool. So it's safe to say we will go 47-1?

Old
Jayevs
Formerly avsman

Duchene always has somewhat slow starts, but he skated good and just looked solid in all aspects, and didn't cost us anything which is good, right now we don't have a top 9, we have a top 6 and a bottom 6 and they need to be used as such IMO atleast until ROR comes back

Old
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

Agreed. He played much better and was actually using his teammates. Foppa2118, I'm not sure what you were expecting but I'm satisfied with how that line played considering they've been together for exactly 7 days. Lando made a great pass to Duchene that would have given him an empty net that went through his legs (would have been a nice play though) and Parenteau made a few nice passes that could have resulted in a goal under different circumstances. We didn't see the same kind of hockey that he was playing last season, which is a very, very good sign. Landeskog did look either under the weather or just not as fast as he was last year (unless it's the weight of the "C" jeez, I hope not) so I think that had an effect on the whole line.

Looking forward to Tuesday.
It's possible he made some good plays when my feed was freezing late in the 2nd and early in the 3rd, but the same problems he's always had were still there. The multiple foced passes I mentioned were still happening.

He's always been able to skate well, and he's been playing at a fairly high level, while most of his teammates, and opposition haven't. So it's a bit of an illusion IMO how good he looks solely because of his hustle.

I'm convinced that he will never be the player he's capable of without eliminating, or drastically reducing the frequency of those bad plays from happening. No matter if he's making good plays out there, he will never find consistency in his game unless he both makes good plays, and cuts down on the bad ones.

With the possibilty of not having O'Reilly in this teams future plans, they NEED him to find that overall consistency.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 01-19-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old
01-19-2013, 11:33 PM
BrickAHL
Sasha Banks GOAT

Quote:
That's pretty unrealistic in my opinion, they'll probably go 42-6-2.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:34 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
It's possible he made some good plays when my feed was freezing late in the 2nd and early in the 3rd, but the same problems he's always had were still there. The multiple foced passes I mentioned were still happening.

He's always been able to skate well, and he's been playing at a fairly high level, while most of his teammates, and opposition haven't, so it's a bit of an illusion how good he looks solely because of his hustle.

I'm convinced that he will never be the player he's capable of without eliminating, or drastically reducing the frequency of those plays from happening. No matter if he's making good plays out there, he will never find consistency in his game unless he both makes good plays, and cuts down on the bad ones.
Interesting notes. So you are saying he should quit making bad plays, and start making good ones? I'll tweet him. He should be able to do that. I will also call Sacco and tell him not to make so many bad decisions, and instead, start making good ones.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Jayevs
Formerly avsman

Quote:
Maybe if we trade ROR for Bertuzzi ASAP before GMs realize he's a locker room mess

Old
01-19-2013, 11:36 PM
The Shermanator
cooler than kento

For god sakes! I become suicidal when we lost regular season games.

Old
Freudian
Clearly deranged

It's going to take the scoring lines a bit of time to find each other. I thought both the Stastny and Duchene lines looked disjointed. Passes were a bit off. Players weren't going where they are supposed to. Shots were a bit wonky overall.

It'll get better. Hopefully it won't take that many games.

A couple of days of practice might be good for Avs now.

Old
Gigantor The Goalie

The loss hurts. However I think we can move on from this and get into a groove. Varlamov was spectacular, on the penalty kill it's hard to control your rebounds when the puck is moving around that much it takes a lot of effort just to get into position to make the save. Barrie seemed too conservative, not at all creative like he was in the minors. Top lines need to get it going and burying our chances. Seemed a lot of shots went wide as well. I think we'll be fine for next game, the faults will be identified and dealt with.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Flow

Well i decided to watch a local high school game instead, looks like i didnt miss much...

We might as well start this season off with a bang for us twitter followers, which one works better #blameoreilly or #firesacco ?

Old
01-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
The loss hurts. However I think we can move on from this and get into a groove.
doubt it honestly

Old
01-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Interesting notes. So you are saying he should quit making bad plays, and start making good ones? I'll tweet him. He should be able to do that. I will also call Sacco and tell him not to make so many bad decisions, and instead, start making good ones.
How much detail do you want me to get into? I already pointed out the two times he forced a cross ice pass from the right wall to the left wall, and the short passes he forced when there were better options, and him continuing to try and skate through two or three defenders on his own, rather than using his linemates.

He needs to pass sooner instead of holding onto the puck forever, and do pretty much anything instead of trying to skate or pass through two or three guys.

Those are bad plays. I thought that would be fairly obvious.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Joe Sakic
#1 ROR Fan

The main problem was that our best players weren't our best players tonight. We can't have only Mitchell and McLeod score and hope to win.

I thought Varlamov looked good, and he gave us a chance to win. Penalties just killed us tonight both on the score board, and momentum wise.

I thought Wilson was our worst defenseman tonight, and I hope he's replaced by Tuesday. Barrie looked OK, and I think over-all we're going to need much more from our entire D core if we're going to get into the play-offs this year.

Also, what the hell was Barrie doing on the PK tonight? It's things like this why I don't think Sacco is a very good coach.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
Also, what the hell was Barrie doing on the PK tonight? It's things like this why I don't think Sacco is a very good coach.
The 3 on 5 was unfortunate. O'Byrne was in the box and EJ had just stumbled into the boards. I guess we had no one else to put out there. He was outmatched by Heatley there.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:45 PM
The Shermanator
cooler than kento

More Hunwick

Old
01-19-2013, 11:47 PM
BrickAHL
Sasha Banks GOAT

Quote:
More Hunwick
If he is replacing Wilson then sure.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:47 PM
The Shermanator
cooler than kento

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
If he is replacing Wilson then sure.
I really didnt see any of the game so I don't know who did what.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:49 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
How much detail do you want me to get into? I already pointed out the two times he forced a cross off pass from the right wall to the left wall, and the short passes he forced when there were better options, and him continuing to try and skate through two or three defenders on his own, rather than using his linemates.

He needs to pass sooner instead of holding onto the puck forever, and do pretty much anything instead of trying to skate or pass through two or three guys.

Those are bad plays. I thought that would be fairly obvious.
I don't agree with any of this. He didn't try and skate through a bunch of defenders in this game until the last 10 minutes when they needed to try and create some offense. The only time I noticed him forcing a pass, he was in the corner and there weren't better options. The Wild take away the middle of the ice, so you have to either skate up and down the wall or try and put plays into the middle of the ice and hope for bounces.

The "selfish" problem with Duchene last season was taking the puck from his own blue line and trying to skate it to the net alone. And the reason he had to do that was because he had Hejduk and an out of shape Mueller on his wings. They couldn't dump it in because none of the 3 were going to get the puck. He was a different player tonight. As far as playing a team game, he was much improved. There was chemistry between PAP and Dutch, and I think that was something positive that they can build on.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Foppa2118

On the bright side, when EJ looked like he hit his head flying into the end boards, and then looked a bit hobled and concerned about one of his legs when he was skating off, I was all but ready to write off this season.

Can you imagine how bad this team will perform if EJ goes down long term? They need immense help on the blueline as it is.

Closed Thread