HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#01 Flyers at Sabres Sun Jan 20 12:30PM ET TV: NBC Radio: WGR-AM

Old
01-20-2013, 05:13 PM
dugman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Grigs didn't play any shifts with Scott. He played with Ott and Hecht primarily and occasionally Kaleta was out there instead of Hecht. Who exactly is he supposed to play with when Leino's out injured and he's not in the top 6? After the top 6 the best "skill" players left are Ott, Hecht and Kaleta.

Not sure why you are in a panic about Grigs. Ruff praised his play, particularly his play in our zone.
Ott and Hecht both played in special teams situations today. When Grigorenko came out for the next shift, one or the other had just finished a shift, so Kaleta became his linemate. Not line juggling, not busting him down to the fourth line, just getting him shifts at even strength.

dugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:15 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugman View Post
Ott and Hecht both played in special teams situations today. When Grigorenko came out for the next shift, one or the other had just finished a shift, so Kaleta became his linemate. Not line juggling, not busting him down to the fourth line, just getting him shifts at even strength.
I know all this and never asserted Grigs was demoted. So I'm tad confused you're quoting me.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
For all you really young people, John LeClaire shot the puck, in the playoffs, through the side of the net. Hasek was our goalie, and he looked down, to the left, to the right and just wondered how the frig that went in. Supposedly, all goals are reviewd but a goal.

the picture to always remember is during the intermisson, Darcy Reigier, was standing on a chair in the referee booth pointing at a tv screen screaming "wtf, it wet through the side of the net!!!!!!"

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/nhl/2000...ap/bufphi.html

It was one of those times when you earn respect for someone, Regier in this intsance, just nice.
To add, I recall media reports that Hasek told the refs it went through the netting and they ignored him...

That, plus the cup defeat to the Flyers in '75 no Sabre fan will ever complain about the refs screwing the Flyers.... oh, the home playoff game six we recently lost to the Flyers is fresh in many minds as well.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Grigs didn't play any shifts with Scott. He played with Ott and Hecht primarily and occasionally Kaleta was out there instead of Hecht. Who exactly is he supposed to play with when Leino's out injured and he's not in the top 6? After the top 6 the best "skill" players left are Ott, Hecht and Kaleta.

Not sure why you are in a panic about Grigs. Ruff praised his play, particularly his play in our zone.
I'm not in a panic, don't know how you interpreted that. I'd prefer to see him on the power play over players like Foligno and Stafford when his game is essentially ideal for that sort of situation. I saw him out there more with Kaleta than I saw with Hecht, when I did see Hecht and Ott out there with him, they were able to get some offensive zone time, as opposed to when Kaleta is on their line, they were stuck in their end A LOT. Maybe I'm just seeing things selectively, but that's how it looked to me.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:31 PM
WYFR
StanleyCupSabres

just got off work and dvr didn't record game. anyone got a link?

WYFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:47 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Feels so good to get this win, if we can put another one together tomorrow we will be off to such a great start! =)

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:52 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
I'm not in a panic, don't know how you interpreted that. I'd prefer to see him on the power play over players like Foligno and Stafford when his game is essentially ideal for that sort of situation. I saw him out there more with Kaleta than I saw with Hecht, when I did see Hecht and Ott out there with him, they were able to get some offensive zone time, as opposed to when Kaleta is on their line, they were stuck in their end A LOT. Maybe I'm just seeing things selectively, but that's how it looked to me.
Maybe panic is too strong a word.

But there seems to be a few posters that are already nervous after today's game that he might not produce enough in his first 5 gms to stay, particularly in light of the various youngsters around the league that had big games yesterday. So they are calling for him to get better line-mates and have a bigger role (more PP time,etc). Basically calling for Ruff to gift more prominent offensive situations to hopefully boost his production.

He doesn't warrant at this stage of his career being force feed better offensive situations. For starters it puts unneeded pressure on the kid and whats likely going to keep him here is is defensive zone awareness and positioning. I'm not really worried at all.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Maybe panic is too strong a word.

But there seems to be a few posters that are already nervous after today's game that he might not produce enough in his first 5 gms to stay, particularly in light of the various youngsters around the league that had big games yesterday. So they are calling for him to get better line-mates and have a bigger role (more PP time,etc). Basically calling for Ruff to gift more prominent offensive situations to hopefully boost his production.

He doesn't warrant at this stage of his career being force feed better offensive situations. For starters it puts unneeded pressure on the kid and whats likely going to keep him here is is defensive zone awareness and positioning. I'm not really worried at all.
Grigs has 4 more games, if he stays or goes the Sabres will be fine... What he needs to do in these four games is show the coachng staff the team will be better with him on the roster... It's not about Grigs, it's about the Buffalo Sabres.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:09 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Grigs has 4 more games, if he stays or goes the Sabres will be fine... What he needs to do in these four games is show the coachng staff the team will be better with him on the roster... It's not about Grigs, it's about the Buffalo Sabres.
Well said

Old
01-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Jame
Dream '16

didn't read the thread.... but did the usual suspects all go bonkers when Hecht got that shift with Hodgson/Poms?

I was glad Vanek got benched after that lazy change led to a goal against
I was glad we had a veteran like Hecht available to both step in and make the 1 shift benching possible

Vanek sure woke up after that... lol

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:28 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
didn't read the thread.... but did the usual suspects all go bonkers when Hecht got that shift with Hodgson/Poms?

I was glad Vanek got benched after that lazy change led to a goal against
I was glad we had a veteran like Hecht available to both step in and make the 1 shift benching possible

Vanek sure woke up after that... lol
Vanek actually wasn't benched. He had a skate problem and went to the locker room to get it fixed.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Vanek actually wasn't benched. He had a skate problem and went to the locker room to get it fixed.
Oops.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:46 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Thank you! No way to know that watching NBC (if the announcers said something about a skate repair, I never heard it.)

So I assumed Lindy was pissed because Vanek was out there too long and out of position on the 1st Flyer goal.

Now I'm thinking that lazy loop he took was probably because he lost an edge or similar.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:46 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
It's been said that he wasn't benched Jame. He had a skate issue to fix.

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:02 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

The only reason I knew it wasn't a bench was someone in the chat posted Bill Hoppe's tweet that Vanek wasn't on the bench...that meant either equipment or injury.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:09 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignofortheCalder View Post
just got off work and dvr didn't record game. anyone got a link?
A link to what?

There is 0 places on the internet that record and save live games unless you pay for NHL gamecenter.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:29 PM
WYFR
StanleyCupSabres

ok didn't know that thanks. high lights it is

WYFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Woodhouse

NBC sure picked the right game to feature Vanek on their isolation camera.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Woodhouse

More Post-Game A/V

1.20 Ryan Miller speaks with the media following Buffalo's 5-2 win over Philadelphia. <3:35>

1.20 Steve Ott speaks with the media following Buffalo's 5-2 win over Philadelphia. <3:08>

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Presten

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
A link to what?

There is 0 places on the internet that record and save live games unless you pay for NHL gamecenter.
Hockeystreams.com offers the same (pluss ahl, juniors and khl), but you still have to pay

Presten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

I couldn't finish the Grigorenko interview. Too many "you know"s.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:02 PM
SublimeNightmare

Send a message via Yahoo to SublimeNightmare
Lindy commented on allowing Grigs to be injected into more areas of the game. Guessing that means that he will get some PP time before the 5 games are up.

SublimeNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:18 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
I couldn't finish the Grigorenko interview. Too many "you know"s.
he says "like" a lot too. Give him a break though he's probably nervous and speaking his 2nd language.

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote