HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Genious: Sami V hype train. Sing along here!

Old
02-06-2013, 08:03 AM
GermanRocket7
The gunslinger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
So you guys are saying that Vatanen is already as great as the great Paul Coffey?

Cool man!
Greater. Much, much greater. I mean, have you ever heard Paul Coffey tell Ovechkin to "keep his f***ing head up!"?

GermanRocket7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:31 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
So you guys are saying that Vatanen is already as great as the great Paul Coffey?

Cool man!
Better than that even. Almost as good as Justin Schultz.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:40 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Better than that even. Almost as good as Justin Schultz.
Almost.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Ville231

The Ducks' prospect pool looks just amazing. Guys have really been stepping up this season and there's more to come. Vatanen, Etem and Palmieri look solid.

Vatanen should hit the gym with Etem next summer

Ville231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

Watched Sami against the Sharks on Monday and while he made some real crisp tape to tape break out passes he is far too small in his own zone. He repeatedly got man handled and pushed aside. Also, his defensive partner(s) seemed reluctant to pass to him when coming out of the zone. More to do with just not having chemistry yet I assume.

Needless to say, I hope he develops into something special for you guys - he looked great in Finland.

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:55 AM
SenzZen

You guys don't need to hear it from me, but I approve of this thread.

And I'll be pulling for Sami from now on.

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:23 AM
hirawl
Used Register

vCash: 400
Really solid game from Vatablaster tonight. He's just so much inside the game that it's just fun to watch. Real player there.

hirawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:33 AM
VataNIST

Cheer!!

Sami need many ice time more.. Always skill dribble puck 1-2-3 opponent and snap pass and go pench. Why, one askings ok? It dissapoint this turtle boy - 92 skate skill need more time.. I hear the story from unckle (mothers brothers) can tell later to day slow write now unttil drug go out my boyd ok!

Let's meetings later here i tell story!! To You of courses..

God nicht win OK! Go ducks!

VataNIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:50 AM
SaekkiPaelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
You say "this can't be true", and then cite +/- numbers to support it, which means you either don't understand what +/- means or you don't understand what it means for a defenseman to be relied on.

A low +/- is not a direct correlation to a bad defensive player.

edit: Sammy Pahlsson had the worst +/- of every regular player on the Ducks in 06-07. He was twice as bad as the next worst player (Moen). You would "deem this unacceptable."
I said "this can't be completely true", which is different, it's easy to blame the sutton/lilja/mara, but obviously there had to be something not right with fowlers game as well. And I used the+/- to support my argument of that he got manhandled at times in his own zone. And +/- is a good statistic, although of course like most statistics it isn't always accurate. And I do realize that fowler played bigger minute, which elevate your numbers in the + or - direction depending on which direction you're heading. And I watched some games and he did also make some turnovers, more than most, but I guess that just comes with the territory of being a young defenseman moving the puck. That being said I would have liked him to play another year in the juniors or AHL, just to get a better feel for the defensive game. On topic, Vatanen should definitely play another year in the ahl.

PS. Didn't watch the game yesterday, only highlights, but kobasew undressed Vatanen pretty nicely there.

SaekkiPaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:15 AM

Another good game for Vatanen last night.

44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:35 AM
ferrumthorax
Rookie User

I came up with a joke I wanted to share everyone. So, here it comes - my first message to this forum:

What's common between Anaheim Ducks and an honest entrepreneur?

They both should include VAT!

ferrumthorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:37 AM
gogo78

Sami V+Bryan A.=7 BS total.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...3/ES020139.HTM

You're playing on the wrong side of the rink. We are waiting for your first point.

gogo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:37 AM
toewsintangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo78 View Post
Sami V+Bryan A.=7 BS total.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...3/ES020139.HTM

You're playing on the wrong side of the rink. We are waiting for your first point.
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+45+46+63+67#

Actually when Vatanen is on ice there have been way more shots on the opposing net than his own net.

Not saying its because Vatanen is that great, but he isn't "playing on the wrong side of the rink"

toewsintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:07 AM
VataNIST

Cheer from cold Finnish!

Everybotty here place, ok? Now tell story! For You of corse..

Manys years's back me unkles who also mothers brothers go to fish-marget, take me little VataNIST with he. It chrismas mornin.. Snow drop gentlie sky.. Nice wether.. Unkle take VataNIST were some stinky hobo sell fishes. There two. Hobo riddle me: "arrr you litle turtle boii, here too fishes.. Choose! (your faiths)" he whisper..!

I riddled??! One look fishes, mystery ok? Fishes numbre one: biiig fish like uglie brown beer weiht lot ok? Many time can eat.*Fishes second: tiny small shine beutiful *like mifl in sunrice.. But only eat one times! Ok i riddled! My faiths here??

No can re-member rest but unkles tell me i wicely choice. I take littlest it delisioucs! Big fish eat meny times taste bad.. What teach this mysteries lullaby? No look out look in! Ok small fish nice look.. But small can eat 1 times. Big eat many's taste bad, ok?

Sami small fish. Allen bigg fish. Teaches this: Allen meny time bad. Sami littler time good (even play little time still better then allen)

Last edited by VataNIST: 02-07-2013 at 11:17 AM.
VataNIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by VataNIST View Post
Cheer from cold Finnish!

Manys years's back me unkles who also mothers brothers go to fish-marget, take me little VataNIST with he. It chrismas mornin.. Snow drop gentlie sky.. Nice wether.. Unkle take VataNIST were some stinky hobo sell fishes. There two. Hobo riddle me: "arrr you litle turtle boii, here too fishes.. Choose! (your faiths)" he whisper..!

I riddled??! One look fishes, mystery ok? Fishes numbre one: biiig fish like uglie brown beer weiht lot ok? Many time can eat.*Fishes second: tiny small shine beutiful *like mifl in sunrice.. But only eat one times! Ok i riddled! My faiths here??

No can re-member rest but unkles tell me i wicely choice. I take littlest it delisioucs! Big fish eat meny times taste bad.. What teach this mysteries lullaby? No look out look in! Ok small fish nice look.. But small can eat 1 times. Big eat many's taste bad, ok?

Sami small fish. Allen bigg fish. Teaches this: Allen meny time bad. Sami littler time good.
Idk what you just said but i think it needs to be added to the American Constitution

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:42 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Cheer from cold Finnish!

Sami small fish. Allen bigg fish. Teaches this: Allen meny time bad. Sami littler time good (even play little time still better then allen)
Whenever the team is feeling down, they need you in the locker room.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:49 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Cheer from cold Finnish!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:27 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

So i guess Allen is a big fish in a small POND......No wonder he so bad

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:39 PM
gogo78

Quote:
...second: tiny small shine beutiful *like mifl in sunrice.. But only eat one times! Ok i riddled!....

gogo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

For a writer VataNIST's mystery lullabies must be the the cause of huge struggles. While being blessed with such inspiration, one would have to face the immediate realization that no matter how talented or how hard-working, he himself would never be able to see such magic escape his mind.

It truly is the year of the Vatanen. We are blessed. We don't have to grumpingly chew on a big bear-like fish that we for some reason bought from a homeless person. Every time we see this thread, we are fed another tiny and beautiful little fish, at the hand of the mercy of Vatanen and his true prophets.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:25 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+45+46+63+67#

Actually when Vatanen is on ice there have been way more shots on the opposing net than his own net.

Not saying its because Vatanen is that great, but he isn't "playing on the wrong side of the rink"
thats skewed though because vatanen usually doesn't get defensive zone starts. and he definitely isn't out there when opposing top teams are out there.. he has A TON to work on defensively

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:02 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Cheer from cold Finnish!

That was the greatest post I've seen, ever.

And I went back in time in my head, tried to think like a 3rd grader...

I think hes talking about how he caught two fishes with his uncle, uncle then asked him which one of the two fishes he would like to have. Obvious choice would have been the big fish but our wise and noble VataNIST picked the little fish and it was the wise thing to do because small fishes usually taste better than the big fishes (which is actually true if you are talking about pikes or perch etc..).

So Vatanen is the tasty little fish and Allen is the big fish that tastes like wood.

FinRuutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:04 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
This is the best thread the Ducks board has ever had.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:05 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Am I the only one who feels bad that we're all ridiculing what clearly appears to be a child who has yet to master a difficult language?

TheJoeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:10 PM
RiffRaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Am I the only one who feels bad that we're all ridiculing what clearly appears to be a child who has yet to master a difficult language?
You forgot this: "". I guess that answers your question

RiffRaff is offline   Reply With Quote