HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

** Official 2013 Fire Sacco Thread: Part 1 **

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman Jones View Post
I forgot that Martin has been an assistant here. That does make him a possibility. I'd prefer Roy just because it's pretty much the only kind of fire the organization can generate right now. A Roy with Martin as an assistant combo sounds pretty appealing if all we can consider is what the organization would consider.
If there's one thing I know about this organization, is that no matter how much you believe in the PL conspiracy theories, he does maintain a certain level of control, and he will never allow a defense first coach on this team. Never.

So we might as well not even speculate on guys like Martin, or Tippett when his contract expires at the end of this year. They will NEVER be involved in this organization. The best we can hope for is someone experiences, and with enough smarts to be able to coach an offensive, or two way system at best.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:49 AM
dahrougem2

Well Paul Maurice did coach Ryan O'Reilly over in the KHL, maybe we've got O'Money lobbying for him if Sacco gets canned lol.

I'm all in for Roy, but if he becomes the head coach, then we'd have to can Sherman too and either give Roy the GM position as well, or have someone like Sakic or Forsberg become the GM, someone who knows Roy well enough to work with him and collaborate on putting together the best team possible, something Sherman and Sacco clearly have no idea how to do

Lastly, for Martin advocates, I pray to god that the last thing I ever have to see is Martin coaching the Colorado Avalanche. Georges Laraque stated in his autobiography that Martin is the single worst coach he has ever played for, that he ruins players if he doesn't like you, and that he is an absolute killer for young players. Remember the whole Spezza debacle with the Sens early on in his career? I have a feeling that Martin would prefer O'Reilly over Duchene and rather than use them as 1A/1B, he'd make O'Reilly the 1C and Duchene the 2C, and probably give O'Reilly guys like Landeskog and Parenteau to play with while giving Duchene guys like McGinn and Downie. The last thing I want to see is Martin anywhere near this team

Old
03-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Well Paul Maurice did coach Ryan O'Reilly over in the KHL, maybe we've got O'Money lobbying for him if Sacco gets canned lol.

I'm all in for Roy, but if he becomes the head coach, then we'd have to can Sherman too and either give Roy the GM position as well, or have someone like Sakic or Forsberg become the GM, someone who knows Roy well enough to work with him and collaborate on putting together the best team possible, something Sherman and Sacco clearly have no idea how to do

Lastly, for Martin advocates, I pray to god that the last thing I ever have to see is Martin coaching the Colorado Avalanche. Georges Laraque stated in his autobiography that Martin is the single worst coach he has ever played for, that he ruins players if he doesn't like you, and that he is an absolute killer for young players. Remember the whole Spezza debacle with the Sens early on in his career? I have a feeling that Martin would prefer O'Reilly over Duchene and rather than use them as 1A/1B, he'd make O'Reilly the 1C and Duchene the 2C, and probably give O'Reilly guys like Landeskog and Parenteau to play with while giving Duchene guys like McGinn and Downie. The last thing I want to see is Martin anywhere near this team
Georges Laraque? We're taking stuff a washed-up goon says seriously? He probably thinks he was bought out by the Habs because Martin had a grudge against him, and not for the fact that he just plain sucked and wasn't an NHL-worthy player anymore, if he ever was.

I don't know whether Martin is a great coach or not, but one thing I know for certain is that he was done in by an incompetent GM who went into panic mode and started throwing bodies overboard to try and save himself.

What young players under Martin were "killed?" Pacioretty? No. Subban? No. Desharnais? No. I don't know if Martin would be a great coach for us to have, but he would be a breath of fresh air compared to Sacco. I wouldn't cry if he were named our next head coach, though I think there are better candidates out there. I would probably take him over Ruff though. I do hope Martin gets another shot--he deserves one.

And I'm sorry, but the whole "Spezza debacle?" What was that, pray tell? The fact the little boy cried like a baby when he was told he needed some time in Binghamton to develop? Sure turned out to be the right thing to do.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:35 AM
AvsFanInBuffalo

How does this bum have a job?

Old
03-19-2013, 09:51 AM
bohlmeister
#Sadalanche

I was really hoping he would be fired today.

Wishful thinking. This guy is going to coach out the season.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post

It's guaranteed.

ANY change would likely give us a boost but not a big enough boost for it to matter and make the playoffs. It's TOO LATE to fire him for this season, might as well ride out the tank and get the highest possible pick.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:57 AM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:

If he coaches out the season we will get Seth Jones. So there is at least that positive, but I'm not sure if I can watch us tank that badly again. I might have to start 'forgetting' that we have games on certain nights. This team is just brutal to watch.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:03 AM
The Kingslayer

He prolly save his job last season when Mcginn and Downie arrived and they went on that mini run falling short of course by losing to the Jackets. I pray and hope that doesnt happen. All I want from the remainder of the season:

1. Duchene, Landeskog, Parenteau, ROR to continue to get points
2. Tyson Barrie to be recalled
3. Hunwick, ROB, Zanon, Jones to be traded off this team
4. Knowone shows up to the pepsi centre
5. Erik Johnson to score 1 goal and learn how to get shots through to the net.

I think all of these things can happen save for Number 4 but the others are within the realm of possibility.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:08 AM
bohlmeister
#Sadalanche

This is me checking TSN every 2 hours.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Somehow I imagined you a bit different in real life.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:41 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
I figured you were a black women....sadly I do this first thing every morning now checking out TSN to see that Sacco got canned haha

Old
03-19-2013, 10:48 AM
S E P H
@SEPH_WHL

Some of you are getting desperate if you would like Paul Maurice as the head coach.

Buffalo is in the shape as us and look how dysfunctional their locker-room and team are becoming?! Would Buffalo be in the same spot if they didn't fire Ruff until the end of the season? Nobody knows, but I can tell you that it would be a much more respectable atmosphere compared to teammates lashing out and then apologizing days later.

Interim coaches just do not work, so IMO you can whine all about Sacco getting fired (and probably will be), but at the end season. The worst thing about that is we have to endure another 20ish games.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:50 AM
bohlmeister
#Sadalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Somehow I imagined you a bit different in real life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I figured you were a black women....sadly I do this first thing every morning now checking out TSN to see that Sacco got canned haha
I thought that my passion and argumentative nature would have suggested my true identity. I am a proud, middle aged, black woman.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:07 AM
IndustryLeech

vCash: 4126
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
If he coaches out the season we will get Seth Jones. So there is at least that positive, but I'm not sure if I can watch us tank that badly again. I might have to start 'forgetting' that we have games on certain nights. This team is just brutal to watch.
While it would be great to get a high draft pick, all this failure and losing has to be setting up a culture that will be pretty hard to overcome for a while. I think I would trade a high draft pick for the team starting to gel and getting some real confidence going into the off-season that they can build on next year. Of course I'd give all that and my left nut away for the entire front office and coaching staff to get decimated and replaced by professionals.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Some of you are getting desperate if you would like Paul Maurice as the head coach.
Buffalo is in the shape as us and look how dysfunctional their locker-room and team are becoming?! Would Buffalo be in the same spot if they didn't fire Ruff until the end of the season? Nobody knows, but I can tell you that it would be a much more respectable atmosphere compared to teammates lashing out and then apologizing days later.

Interim coaches just do not work, so IMO you can whine all about Sacco getting fired (and probably will be), but at the end season. The worst thing about that is we have to endure another 20ish games.
World Heroes man....World Heroes....

And to those who are checking TSN every 2 min? Sadly I'm right there w/ you, but I just don't see it happening.

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.
Old
03-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Say it with me everybody.

Jon. Cooper.

This message has been brought to you by the Cooper for Coach Campaign.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:19 AM
the_fan

The Avs are probably one of the unluckiest teams now days. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished dead last in the league but lost the lottery for #1 overall pick.

Edit: Oops wrong thread for this comment...

on that note...FIRE SACCO!!!!

Old
03-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
The Avs are probably one of the unluckiest teams now days. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished dead last in the league but lost the lottery for #1 overall pick.

Edit: Oops wrong thread for this comment...

on that note...FIRE SACCO!!!!
You're right though. Friggin Oilers will probably win it again.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Fiddy

Yeah, twitter was the first thing I checked today. Alas, to no avail.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:44 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryLeech View Post
While it would be great to get a high draft pick, all this failure and losing has to be setting up a culture that will be pretty hard to overcome for a while. I think I would trade a high draft pick for the team starting to gel and getting some real confidence going into the off-season that they can build on next year. Of course I'd give all that and my left nut away for the entire front office and coaching staff to get decimated and replaced by professionals.
That's one reason to change coaches in the off-season instead of right now. The team isn't turning this season around, but getting a new coach in the off-season can set a kind of 'new start' precedent. In how the team feels, even with some struggles. Because it involves a new system, and a different personality behind the bench.

If they did it now, it could have a positive impact, hurt our chances at a higher pick, and may not be as much of a new start as it would be for players to get away from the game and come back with a good attitude. The fact that this season is out of reach would have a dampening effect on that.

Cooper is a pipe dream Lonewolfe, I definitely agree with you, but I find myself wishing for Roy more. Just because I think it's actually possible.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:48 PM
NomadManderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

Jon. Cooper.

Oh I'm sure plenty of rational folks would be on board with this. Only none of them have any decision making power in this organization.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
S E P H
@SEPH_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

Jon. Cooper.

Pros and cons list of Cooper? Personally I like Ruff or the bald guy who was coach of Atlanta before they moved to Winnipeg.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Ceremony
It was dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Okay, I'm seriously scouring the internet, but I KNOW that there was some sort of Edited Wikipedia Page that told a hilariously fictional story of Paul Maurice, complete with him leading a group of Earth NHLers against some aliens.

Because I've thought of this old, archived Wikipedia page, I need to read it again!

***EDIT***

Found it! And am currently enjoying it
I was going to say it's a poor reflection on you for not sharing it, but I have found this...

03-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Cullen Bohannon

How is this thread still only on part 1?

Old
03-19-2013, 01:05 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

So I guess Sacco thinks it is time to split up PAP and Duchene

Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP
No Mitchell or Jones at #Avalanche practice. Lines 92-9-23, 15-26-12, 55-90-17, 11-40-58 for what it's worth

Closed Thread