HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

** Official 2013 Fire Sacco Thread: Part 1 **

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
You can all expect the same kind of changes we saw after Granato's last season.

Fair or not, that's what I anticipate is going to happen.
Great, so they'll drag their feet, bring Roy in for an interview, and Sacco can find out he's not going to be coach next season by reading about it in the paper.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Great, so they'll drag their feet, bring Roy in for an interview, and Sacco can find out he's not going to be coach next season by reading about it in the paper.
I meant more about the fact that there will be changes rather than how the changes were made back then.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:08 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Yep, Sherman and Sacco will both be canned at the end of the year.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Congo Jack
Get lost Pavarotti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Ahhhhhh, nooooo. Hurry Pierre, get Cooper now while you still might be able to.
He's not a part of our weird organization inbred hiring scheme, so they'll never even think of hiring him.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Jack View Post
He's not a part of our weird organization inbred hiring scheme, so they'll never even think of hiring him.
Yup.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Cullen Bohannon

I bet Tampa goes and hires Ruff.

And that will infuriate me.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post

And then Washington or Columbus or something hires Cooper, while the Avs promote Quinn.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
And then Washington or Columbus or something hires Cooper, while the Avs promote Quinn.
Oh, the humanity!

Old
03-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Hard to say at this point if hiring from within is because of Lacroix's bull-headedness, or ownership is too cheap to actually get into a bidding war for viable candidates. Either scenario seems plausible to me at this point.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Yep, Sherman and Sacco will both be canned at the end of the year.
Much as I've been campaigning for both to be canned, still meaningless if Lacroix is still pulling the strings. I hope to hell he finally retires after firing those two.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:51 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
Sacco has a job until the Remparts are knocked out of the playoffs.
Even though I'd love it, I highly doubt Roy takes the job here. He's likely looking for both Coach and GM positions, and that hasn't happened in this league since 2004 with Pat Quinn, I doubt it happens now ESPECIALLY with Lacroixs/Ownership's stubbornness and cheap pockets

Old
03-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Hard to say at this point if hiring from within is because of Lacroix's bull-headedness, or ownership is too cheap to actually get into a bidding war for viable candidates. Either scenario seems plausible to me at this point.
I believe it's because of how it ended with Crawford.

Lacroix - "I can't believe you're playing hardball and want so much after I gave such an incredible chance!"

Crawford - "But I actually won the cup!"

Lacroix -"%$!^&$^#@&^$ I'll show him a blind monkey on acid could easily coach a team to the cup".

...and he's been trying to prove that point ever since.

Something like that...

Old
03-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Old
03-24-2013, 04:25 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
Lol, yours? Where will you be sitting?

Old
03-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Lol, yours? Where will you be sitting?
Haha yes mine

I actually won't be at the game tonight, but rather next Saturday's game against Nashville. I'll be 9 rows up behind the penalty boxes I believe.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:54 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Awesome. You are doing your part.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Skip2myBordyloo
Maybe next year

Quote:

Old
03-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Wonder how long before security asks you to take it down?

Old
03-24-2013, 05:42 PM
hockeyfish

By the way, how is this only on thread #1?

Old
03-24-2013, 05:58 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
By the way, how is this only on thread #1?
My guess is because there is not much to debate about it outside of when to do it.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:00 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
I highly doubt any sort of new coach would be able to improve our team enough to make our pick as low as 10th overall at this point. And if they can turn the team around that much, one would have to think playoffs would still be very much a possibility with that new coach.

As for Boucher, its tough to tell if he would be a good coach for us or not. On one hand he had some real good top end talent on that team in Stamkos and St Louis but still couldn't do much with the team. But on the other hand Tampa didn't have the greatest depth, while the Avs have better depth.

I think I would rather stay away from Boucher, but that's just me.
Tampa's biggest problem was and still is goal-tending... They let Smith go for nothing, but we as Avs fans know exactly what that scenario feels like. If only because letting the goalie go was the right thing then having to watch that goalie (Those for us) tear it up with a new team.

Obviously Tampa's defense was their second biggest issue as well, but they have taken steps to make it better.

I don't think Boucher being fired was the right answer for them, bad goal-tending can deflate the team pretty hard as well as moronic coaching. Tampa should be the Florida team going after Luongo IMO just as much as the Panthers.

They have potential in goal but nothing that is going to allow them to compete 'right now'.

Varly hasn't been good his last couple games for us, but our first issues are defense and coaching. Varly played well for a long time despite being hung out to dry... I don't blame him at all for having it get to him a little.

Basically, I think Tampa should of traded for Luongo instead of firing Boucher. He should have been given a chance with a legit starter behind the team IMO.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Tampa's biggest problem was and still is goal-tending... They let Smith go for nothing, but we as Avs fans know exactly what that scenario feels like. If only because letting the goalie go was the right thing then having to watch that goalie (Those for us) tear it up with a new team.

Obviously Tampa's defense was their second biggest issue as well, but they have taken steps to make it better.

I don't think Boucher being fired was the right answer for them, bad goal-tending can deflate the team pretty hard as well as moronic coaching. Tampa should be the Florida team going after Luongo IMO just as much as the Panthers.

They have potential in goal but nothing that is going to allow them to compete 'right now'.

Varly hasn't been good his last couple games for us, but our first issues are defense and coaching. Varly played well for a long time despite being hung out to dry... I don't blame him at all for having it get to him a little.

Basically, I think Tampa should of traded for Luongo instead of firing Boucher. He should have been given a chance with a legit starter behind the team IMO.
Tampa was right to let Smith go--he revitalized his career learning from Burke. Burke did for Smith what Allaire did for Burke.

I don't think Yzerman can truly address all that ails this club until he finds a way to clear cap room. He can't do that in a serious way with two albatrosses in Malone and Lecavalier eating up over $10 million combined. His attempts to scour the bargain bin to address serious needs have largely failed, Roloson and Conacher being the exceptions.

I think Boucher's sacking was probably the right move--the team simply wasn't listening. When you're a defensive coach and not getting the team to play proper defense, something's seriously wrong.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:22 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Tampa was right to let Smith go--he revitalized his career learning from Burke. Burke did for Smith what Allaire did for Burke.

I don't think Yzerman can truly address all that ails this club until he finds a way to clear cap room. He can't do that in a serious way with two albatrosses in Malone and Lecavalier eating up over $10 million combined. His attempts to scour the bargain bin to address serious needs have largely failed, Roloson and Conacher being the exceptions.

I think Boucher's sacking was probably the right move--the team simply wasn't listening. When you're a defensive coach and not getting the team to play proper defense, something's seriously wrong.
Fair enough, but the Florida sun is shining pretty bright on their goal-tending and defensive issues when it comes to the actual roster.

I don't think any coach they bring in is going to have a meaning full impact until they fix those issues. He may have an initial serge of improved play in the team but they will flat-line again until the real issues are fixed.

You can't role with both goal tending issues and defense issues, and fix it with a coaching scheme.

Look how well they did when Roloson played well for them? When their goalie plays even 'good' that team wins most games.

With us, even if our goalie plays 'good' we lose anyways. Varly would have to have a Vezina caliber season just to make us a bubble team with having to deal with Sacco & our talent level on defense.

A coach could cover up some of the problems on the back-end by giving their best players more minutes, for some reason Sacco hasn't seen fit to do that. He sticks to this 'defense' by comity method like it's some sort of religious rule.

No one EVER gets more than 22-23 minutes on our defense, Hejda/Barrie should be getting 22-23 minutes, and Wilson/EJ should be getting 24-25 minutes. With the understanding that they are going to make mistakes playing that much, but far less than playing Zannon & Hunwick 21-23 minutes a night.

(Some of this is just me going off on a tangent about our situation compared to theirs. We'd love to have a coach of Boucher's quality and they just fired their coach while we still have Sacco. Sad..)

Old
03-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Much as I've been campaigning for both to be canned, still meaningless if Lacroix is still pulling the strings. I hope to hell he finally retires after firing those two.
Ha that would be hilarious. PL fires Sherman and Sacco, and Josh Kroenke has to come in and pick up the pieces.

I think we'd probably end up with Magic Johnson as GM, and Popeye Jones as head coach.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Ha that would be hilarious. PL fires Sherman and Sacco, and Josh Kroenke has to come in and pick up the pieces.

I think we'd probably end up with Magic Johnson as GM, and Popeye Jones as head coach.
Well, I'd hope he'd at least do what Gainey did both in Dallas and Montreal--fire some guys, name his successor, and then quietly get out of the way. I think Sakic's going to be PL's replacement sooner rather than later. My big fear is that Eric Lacroix will be Sherman's successor.

Of course Gainey's successors didn't do so great, so maybe not the best example.

Closed Thread