HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #2 - Canucks vs. Oilers - 6 p.m Sportsnet

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Crows*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
If is like yesterday...I'll see you in COD
Eaten by a giant cod?

Old
01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Not going to lie, I've always thought of Ben Eager as someone who must have had conduct problems growing up as a kid. I firmly believe that if he wasn't good enough to play hockey professionally that he would be in jail for a long time. I'm still pissed at that boarding hit he threw at sedin in the san jose series. Yet, no response from the Canucks players.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Not going to lie, I've always thought of Ben Eager as someone who must have had conduct problems growing up as a kid. I firmly believe that if he wasn't good enough to play hockey professionally that he would be in jail for a long time. I'm still pissed at that boarding hit he threw at sedin in the san jose series. Yet, no response from the Canucks players.
Funny that the girl who lifted her top had a better response to that hit than the entire Canucks roster could muster.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:15 AM
NonBruinHatingCanuck

I predict Vancouver D will play a very physical game and try and punish the Oilers.. Bieksa is famous for trying to make a big hit and missing and i predict he tries to do it on either Hall or Yak... Most likely Yak..

Old
01-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonBruinHatingCanuck View Post
I predict Vancouver D will play a very physical game and try and punish the Oilers.. Bieksa is famous for trying to make a big hit and missing and i predict he tries to do it on either Hall or Yak... Most likely Yak..
Speaking of trying to make a big hit and missing, remember last season when Hordichuk tried to run Ballard, failed, and ended up injuring himself instead? Never change, Hordi.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:23 AM
medhatcanuck

Love the pessimism around here haha.

5-2 nucks. Sedins are gonna have a hay day

Old
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookers9 View Post
Non-trolling Oilers fan here.

While it is true that optimism abounds in Oil Country this season, no one - at all - is REALLY believing that the Fab 5 is a legitimate comparison to the superstars of the 80s. People toss it around for fun, but the truth is known. Whether they state it openly or not.

Consider what our optimism would be about. It's not an authentic belief that the Oilers will compete for the Cup this year. Instead, it's that we'll finish higher in the standings than 29th/30th. Maybe a push for a playoff spot, something we've forgotten what it's like to have.

Just setting the record straight for those in Lotusland.

The great thing about it is that while there's a definite expectation to do better, we're just looking to compete and develop - Canucks fans don't have that privilege. It's "Get 'er done or bust". Talk about pressure.
That's what happens when you're at the top (at least of the regular season). You get to the top and there's no where to go but down. Enjoy the ride to the top because once you get there all the excitement goes away, and it only turns into disappointment if you don't convert that chance to a Stanley Cup.

01-20-2013, 11:41 AM
CP

vCash: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Burrows and Hamhuis: While not the only two, they are key pieces to this team that are very rusty. I noticed it with both of them in training camp, specifically Hamhuis didn't look even close to the same he has, and it carried over to the game. Hopefully they can get their timing back sooner rather than later. As it stands, Burrows isn't helping the Sedins much at all. I also think having Higgins and Hansen with Lapierre is a bit of a waste at the moment.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Raymond Lapierre Weise

In the meantime I'd try something like this :

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Higgins Hansen
Raymond Lapierre Weise

As some have mentioned, I wouldn't be opposed to playing a more defensive style while trying to get the timing back. We were way too loose last night, and sadly we don't have the fire power to be playing this way.

I thought Lapierre was the worst player on the ice. He had bad hands before he bulked up. I think he may have made himself completely useless beyond 4th line gooning. They really miss Kesler on the defensive face offs among other aspects. The bottom three lines are a black hole for offense. I agree they should give Schroeder a shot, but I'd replace Lappy.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Catamarca Livin

I heard last night Hrudey saying the Canucks play a very good Oilers team tonight and read about others here saying the high scoring Oilers. How do we know this. From their great preseason? The Oilers will probably be good someday. Tonight who knows but counting on rookies to make a huge difference is hope not fact. We know Edmonton was 29th last year we expect improvement but they can improve a lot and still be 17th or 18th.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
I heard last night Hrudey saying the Canucks play a very good Oilers team tonight and read about others here saying the high scoring Oilers. How do we know this. From their great preseason? The Oilers will probably be good someday. Tonight who knows but counting on rookies to make a huge difference is hope not fact. We know Edmonton was 29th last year we expect improvement but they can improve a lot and still be 17th or 18th.
How do we know this? Did you not see them absolutely annihilate the hawks a few times last season? That is just a preview of what is to come. Do I expect them to consistently kick ass this year? No, but they can damn sure run any team into the ground when a few of their top players are on their game. Extremely dangerous offense that can strike very quickly. The Canucks better be ready to go tonight. The last thing we need is for that oilers team to get in the heads of either of our goalies, especially Cory because he is our new #1. They've also been playing together in the AHL this season so they will be in good shape and have some cohesion. Schultz is a beast.

Was anyone else impressed with Dale Weise last night? He was the most exciting player to watch for me. I guess they don't call him the Gretzky of the Netherlands for no reason. I hope he can keep it up.

Last edited by luongo321: 01-20-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 11:50 AM
BerSTUzzi

I know the Sedins should have done better against Anaheim's D last night but their D is significantly better in their own end than this:

Smid Petry
Schultz Schultz
Whitney Potter

Old
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookers9 View Post
Non-trolling Oilers fan here.

While it is true that optimism abounds in Oil Country this season, no one - at all - is REALLY believing that the Fab 5 is a legitimate comparison to the superstars of the 80s. People toss it around for fun, but the truth is known. Whether they state it openly or not.

Consider what our optimism would be about. It's not an authentic belief that the Oilers will compete for the Cup this year. Instead, it's that we'll finish higher in the standings than 29th/30th. Maybe a push for a playoff spot, something we've forgotten what it's like to have.

Just setting the record straight for those in Lotusland.

The great thing about it is that while there's a definite expectation to do better, we're just looking to compete and develop - Canucks fans don't have that privilege. It's "Get 'er done or bust". Talk about pressure.
The big difference is Oil of the 80s had every single role imaginable on a team filled.

The fab 5 are all skill.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
I know the Sedins should have done better against Anaheim's D last night but their D is significantly better in their own end than this:

Smid Petry
Schultz Schultz
Whitney Potter
None of us know why Krueger is playing Potter over Fistric... Terrible decision and I expect it will cost us sometime in the game.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

Sedins and RNH are going to light it up. 5-4 Canucks. People call for Luongo's head anyway. Media-created "Goalie Controversy" officially begins.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:08 PM
DL44

vCash: 133
I wonder how the Oilers will try to handle the Sedins...

Old
01-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
They won't handle them.

Over/under how many minutes until hemsky gets destroyed.

My guess is the canucks will play very physical tonight.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Selanne138

Even though Im sure youre not looking to do the Ducks any favors....kindly knock Schultz into the middle of next week.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Even though Im sure youre not looking to do the Ducks any favors....kindly knock Schultz into the middle of next week.
I want him to get destroyed as well. Many here feel he's a traitor .

Old
01-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
I want him to get destroyed as well. Many here feel he's a traitor .
Not trying to troll. But do you mean a traitor to the Ducks or to Vancouver?

Old
01-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Not trying to troll. But do you mean a traitor to the Ducks or to Vancouver?
More the ducks because he is a traitor to them. But it did feel like he trolled vancouver fans by giving them fake hope he would sign here even though he didn't want to at all. All the stories about him being a huge Canuck fan.. His family begging him to sign here .

Old
01-20-2013, 12:27 PM
JanBulisPiggyBack

He would be a Traitor to 29 NHL Teams

Old
01-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
Quote:
They won't handle them.

Over/under how many minutes until hemsky gets destroyed.

My guess is the canucks will play very physical tonight.

It's odd to brazen after getting tuned the night before...

Old
01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
IKEA

5-3 Oil

D. Sedin X 2 & Edler

Old
01-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
More the ducks because he is a traitor to them. But it did feel like he trolled vancouver fans by giving them fake hope he would sign here even though he didn't want to at all. All the stories about him being a huge Canuck fan.. His family begging him to sign here .
He didn't owe any team but the one that drafted him diddly squat.

I hope most of you don't think he is a "traitor" to the Canucks because he was raised there and cheered for Bure and Linden lol

Old
01-20-2013, 12:34 PM
freakydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkins View Post
Sedins and RNH are going to light it up. 5-4 Canucks. People call for Luongo's head anyway. Media-created "Goalie Controversy" officially begins.
The goalie controversy was started by AV-he should have been fired a couple of years ago.

Closed Thread