HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #2 - Canucks vs. Oilers - 6 p.m Sportsnet

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Mitts McCann

vCash: 500
If it were me I'd do this,

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Burrows

Old
01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Zombotron
Wrong Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
That's quite low and poor quality except Schneider. This could result in a slow start for the Nucks. I know the Oilers had a fair amount of players playng during the lockout.
Kassian, Ebbett and Tanev too, I thought you meant overseas players.

Old
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are

vCash: 50
I wish Kassian could find his consistency. He was beasting it for us the first few games he played with us last season (I still remember that awesome shift he had with Lappy) and he was beasting it for a stretch of games in the A earlier this season. We know he can channel the power forward energy we're looking for. Could his back be that bad?

Old
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
No, it's because I have zero faith in our offense and I'm rooting for Luongo to do well. What's wrong with that?
Absolutely nothing...

Old
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Booing J Schultz is downright idiotic. He owes nothing to the Canucks. He never stated he was interested in coming here. It's our stupid media that made it look like it was a done deal.

If you want to boo every player that doesn't want to play here, it's over half the league.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:24 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Absolutely nothing...
I'm hopin for a 9-8 win. With AV keeping Lu in for all 8 goals.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:31 PM
stevecanuck16

vCash: 614
Does anyone think that with no lineup changes tonight (other than Lu) we'll see AV juggle the lines up? Wouldn't mind Burrows being off the Sedins' line just to help out elsewhere.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:51 PM
mossey3535

If Schneider is really your number one goalie, he needed to play tonight. That's the point of being number one, you get the chance to bounce back if you have an off game. Look at Luongo's record in bounce back games.

The only reason this would be a good move is if you really believe as a coach that your team is not ready to play. That has a whole host of other problems related to it of course.

I'm a Luongo fan so I wouldn't mind if he got his starting job back but IMO this move isn't how you show your young starter that you have faith in him.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Crabapple

vCash: 898
Good luck, really don't think you guys are as bad as you think. Gonna be a close game tonight.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Free Kassian

It should be a fun game to watch anyway. Looking forward to seeing both Yakupov and Schultz in NHL uniforms.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:58 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Looking forward to seeing the Oilers, should be a fun team to watch this year.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Karter

The Sedins will eat this defense up. You guys need to have more faith in your damn team.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:08 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Canucks 5-3.

Burrows with a bounce back game.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:18 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Looking forward to seeing the Oilers, should be a fun team to watch this year.
Absolutely. Can totally see them as one of them teams that just pours on the goals once they get going

Old
01-20-2013, 03:23 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 157
after lest night we will win in a knock out tonight and the oilers will start dreaming about another top pick

Old
01-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
If Schneider is really your number one goalie, he needed to play tonight. That's the point of being number one, you get the chance to bounce back if you have an off game. Look at Luongo's record in bounce back games.

The only reason this would be a good move is if you really believe as a coach that your team is not ready to play. That has a whole host of other problems related to it of course.

I'm a Luongo fan so I wouldn't mind if he got his starting job back but IMO this move isn't how you show your young starter that you have faith in him.
I do agree with this, I am not sure whats going on, but if im a young starter who just signed a new contract, im worried out my mind about having any bad games, thats a ton of pressure having roberto on the bench ready to play.

I do understand they are sticking to the pre determined plan, and maybe they dont think this is a good bounce back game, but if schneider is truly our number 1 they should have gave him the chance and showed faith in him. Unless like you say they think the team is unprepared and could be in trouble again tonight.

They need to make a decision soon, this is not healthy for either goalie imo. If they are skeptical of schneider after one game, they need to patch things up with roberto because its also not fair to him to be looking over his shoulder either.

Someone mentioned rask and thomas, thats a different situation imo, as rask knew thomas days were numbered given his age and the number 1 position would be his, lou has more years left.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Shareefruck

I think splitting up the top line is an awful idea because

1) As strange as it is, Burrows is currently playing significantly worse than Raymond, Hansen, and Higgins. He is an entire step behind and won't be much of a help to any of the other lines. He needs to be sheltered by playing with the Twins right now, IMO. At least he can still be useful in that role even if he's lost a step (hopefully temporarily)

2) Breaking up the Sedins is the worst thing you could do at this point-- their chemistry is the only thing that looked in tact last game.

This should all be moot anyways-- I don't think line combos have anything to do with the problems we had last night. It was all about focus, lack of preparation, and nerves/instincts-- NOT personnel

Old
01-20-2013, 03:42 PM
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.

i'm sure most canucks fans don't even know who justin schultz is. (seriously)

Old
01-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Lundface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karter View Post
The Sedins will eat this defense up. You guys need to have more faith in your damn team.
Half the players are very rusty, timing is way off.

Offensively, all we have his the Sedins right now. The only other decent players Higgins and Hansen are wasted playing with Lapierre. Burrows usually is helpful but he's way out of wack.

I don't think it makes us bad fans if we notice the team isn't up to speed yet. If they win good on them, but I don't have much faith in that yet. If anything I expect them to be dead tired after having played their first meaningful game in ages.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:46 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I think splitting up the top line is an awful idea because

1) As strange as it is, Burrows is currently playing significantly worse than Raymond, Hansen, and Higgins. He is an entire step behind and won't be much of a help to any of the other lines. He needs to be sheltered by playing with the Twins right now, IMO. At least he can still be useful in that role even if he's lost a step (hopefully temporarily)

2) Breaking up the Sedins is the worst thing you could do at this point-- their chemistry is the only thing that looked in tact last game.

This should all be moot anyways-- I don't think line combos have anything to do with the problems we had last night. It was all about focus, lack of preparation, and nerves/instincts-- NOT personnel
I agree somewhat with your 1st point. Burrows looked horrendous.

The thing is, it wasn't because he wasn't producing or looking good offensively.. Rather, it was because he wasn't doing anything. No energy, no skating, no hitting. I'd actually switch up Hansen and Burrows on the first line for the time being until Burrows gets back to speed because he is super rusty.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:48 PM
June 2007

I bet Volpatti throws them with Eager tonight

Old
01-20-2013, 03:56 PM
AllAbout813

If Luongo plays a really strong game, do they stick with him and do the whole "roll with the hot hand" deal? I think that would make the most sense now, but what do you guys think?

Old
01-20-2013, 03:56 PM
YogiCanucks

I thought the first 10 games were already split between Luongo (3) and Schneider (7) and tonights game was Lu's?

Just stick with the plan. Or you can have a little freakout fest with Gallagher and Botchford.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:58 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
I thought the first 10 games were already split between Luongo (3) and Schneider (7) and tonights game was Lu's?

Just stick with the plan. Or you can have a little freakout fest with Gallagher and Botchford.
source?

Old
01-20-2013, 04:00 PM
ProstheticConscience
Supertank 15/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAbout813 View Post
If Luongo plays a really strong game, do they stick with him and do the whole "roll with the hot hand" deal? I think that would make the most sense now, but what do you guys think?
Your guess is as good as anyone else's around here, tbh.

And glad I drank enough last night to forget most of the Ducks game. Yeesh. Not pretty. Really need a bounce back effort and start shaking off the rust.

Closed Thread