HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

II. New Logos and Green Uniforms for 2013-14

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2013, 08:40 PM
  #501
Nemeth
Mo Money Mo Problems
 
Nemeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaya View Post
These are some D concepts floating around the web, one's even from 2011, but it gets the point across how lousy a D with a Star can be...some of these are borderline North Stars ripoffs...

So now the question is would we rather have a logo reminiscent of Anaheim, or old Minnesota?

I've seen a couple concepts out there with the Mooterus' horns turned upwards and it's actually decent. I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crosses until June 4th or until Piqued decides to go rebel and leak as much info as possible

Anyone mind posting these pics? I don't have permission to view them

Nemeth is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 08:42 PM
  #502
Antaya
Registered User
 
Antaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
If you're logged in to post, you should be able to see them

Antaya is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:24 PM
  #503
bhetz23
G-14 Classified
 
bhetz23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoni View Post
I'm really not worried. Almost anything is going to be an improvement.
That's what we said about the Arab Spring.

bhetz23 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:33 PM
  #504
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler
 
SonicSpeedDash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Amarillo, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 3,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
they actually revised them

I like the black, green and gold colors. The logo eh its better then just DALLAS across the front.

SonicSpeedDash is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:40 PM
  #505
bhetz23
G-14 Classified
 
bhetz23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeedDash View Post
I like the black, green and gold colors. The logo eh its better then just DALLAS across the front.
I wouldn't mind the "D" on the shoulders (giggity) but the state outline is just pee wee league. I think the current logo is the best. I hate to see us dismiss that.

bhetz23 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:47 PM
  #506
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler
 
SonicSpeedDash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Amarillo, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 3,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhetz23 View Post
I wouldn't mind the "D" on the shoulders (giggity) but the state outline is just pee wee league. I think the current logo is the best. I hate to see us dismiss that.
Well these probably aren't the official logo's, but yeah the D would fit better as shoulder logo's. But i'd hate to see our current Texas shoulder logo go.

SonicSpeedDash is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:54 PM
  #507
bhetz23
G-14 Classified
 
bhetz23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeedDash View Post
Well these probably aren't the official logo's, but yeah the D would fit better as shoulder logo's. But i'd hate to see our current Texas shoulder logo go.
Totally gagree. Personally, I'd love to see us keep the current logos and just roll out some new sweaters. But ya know, we gotta come up with new logos to sell jerseys. Oh so they say.

bhetz23 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:59 PM
  #508
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 48,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeedDash View Post
But i'd hate to see our current Texas shoulder logo go.
Think we can all count on our current logos being gone come early June, from the sound of things.

Just glad it isn't going to be red white and blue.

__________________
"Now when people ask me where I'm from, I tell them Texas. Dallas, Texas." - Mike Modano, March 8th, 2014

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now  
Old
04-30-2013, 11:05 PM
  #509
Zrhutch
Registered User
 
Zrhutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
I've got a gut feeling that we'll hate it at first because its different, but by the end of the year we'll love it. Kind of like Winnipeg with their new unis.

Zrhutch is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 11:11 PM
  #510
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler
 
SonicSpeedDash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Amarillo, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 3,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Think we can all count on our current logos being gone come early June, from the sound of things.

Just glad it isn't going to be red white and blue.
Oh i agree 110% on this. But i know a few who want that color and that's one of the reasons i left the official boards.

But like i said i hate to see our Texas logo go, but hey out with old in with the new.

SonicSpeedDash is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 11:43 PM
  #511
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets
 
Karitimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
That was the word used, yes. So from that, and the fact they're "clean, simple, and vintage looking.", leads me to believe we're free of all that horizontal piping crap. Which is good.
On the topic of striping, I wonder if it might be a single large solid stripe (white on green or vice versa) similar to the new Tampa Bay look? I think they've established a clean, simple and vintage look (the white jersey anyway). Stars or Lightning don't strike me (no pun intended) as easy team names to generate quality original primary logo designs for. I don't know what to expect, but if I had tonnes of vCash I might put some down on the design shaping into something along the lines of TBay.

Karitimes is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 11:46 PM
  #512
bhetz23
G-14 Classified
 
bhetz23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Maybe when they said "vintage" they were referring to the Stars' original logo which didn't include "Dallas" above it?

bhetz23 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 11:47 PM
  #513
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,271
vCash: 500
Those logos are pretty much the exact opposite of "vintage".

LatvianTwist is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 12:42 AM
  #514
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitimes View Post
On the topic of striping, I wonder if it might be a single large solid stripe (white on green or vice versa) similar to the new Tampa Bay look? I think they've established a clean, simple and vintage look (the white jersey anyway). Stars or Lightning don't strike me (no pun intended) as easy team names to generate quality original primary logo designs for. I don't know what to expect, but if I had tonnes of vCash I might put some down on the design shaping into something along the lines of TBay.
Tampa is a team whose template came to mind. I could really see that. "Clean and simple". I also pictured the green UND Fighting Sioux jersey.

As long as there's a 3rd color in there to break up the two that were mentioned (I dont really want just the two on a jersey myself) then I think they should be nice enough for everyone. There was no 3rd color mentioned though, just the two. Doesn't mean there isnt a 3rd or even 4th, they just weren't mentioned.

With that said..

The symbol is what I'm most nervous about. It could really go either way as I've seen bad mock-ups of that type of symbol and I've seen decent ones we could probably get use to.

tjcurrie is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:20 AM
  #515
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
That was the word used, yes. So from that, and the fact they're "clean, simple, and vintage looking.", leads me to believe we're free of all that horizontal piping crap. Which is good.

Sorry to keep you guessing boys. I'm trying to walk that fine line between discussing and fully indulging what I know. I'm a fan and I'm excited so I couldn't help but say a little somethin somethin. But I just don't want to betray any trust. Any more than I may have already anyways.
Meant VERTICAL

tjcurrie is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:01 AM
  #516
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin
 
oconnor9sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Can you guys elaborate on what you mean by 'horizontal or vertical piping'?

oconnor9sean is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:12 AM
  #517
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Can you guys elaborate on what you mean by 'horizontal or vertical piping'?
Traditional horizontal striping




Vertical piping and what not. Kind of a mess if you ask me.


tjcurrie is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:21 AM
  #518
Nemeth
Mo Money Mo Problems
 
Nemeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
That's very close to celtic green is it not?

Nemeth is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:22 AM
  #519
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 48,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
That's very close to celtic green is it not?
There isn't a single person in our franchise, or a person they would likely hire, that would come up with someone as awesome as that jersey.

Stars99Lobo37 is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:35 AM
  #520
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets
 
Karitimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
Tampa is a team whose template came to mind. I could really see that. "Clean and simple". I also pictured the green UND Fighting Sioux jersey.

As long as there's a 3rd color in there to break up the two that were mentioned (I dont really want just the two on a jersey myself) then I think they should be nice enough for everyone. There was no 3rd color mentioned though, just the two. Doesn't mean there isnt a 3rd or even 4th, they just weren't mentioned.

With that said..

The symbol is what I'm most nervous about. It could really go either way as I've seen bad mock-ups of that type of symbol and I've seen decent ones we could probably get use to.
Minimal (Navy)Blue or Silver?

Karitimes is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:46 AM
  #521
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitimes View Post
Minimal (Navy)Blue or Silver?
He didnt say, but I'm pretty sure there's no crazy additions like blue or red or anything. Silver was really being looked at I know a few months ago so who knows, but I really doubt that too. Dont think there's any color changes other than the different shade of green, and the possible omission of one of our traditional colors - though I think that color I speak of that wasnt mentioned will at least be in the symbol, but hopefully in the striping somewhere too.

tjcurrie is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 12:23 PM
  #522
Nemeth
Mo Money Mo Problems
 
Nemeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
There isn't a single person in our franchise, or a person they would likely hire, that would come up with someone as awesome as that jersey.
Right.

Nemeth is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 12:49 PM
  #523
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C
 
FrailSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
That green looks AWESOME. The black accents it quite nicely, too.

FrailSwan is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 02:25 PM
  #524
SolidusAKA
Registered User
 
SolidusAKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Threw this together quickly, mix between the Sioux and the logo



Last edited by SolidusAKA: 05-01-2013 at 02:32 PM.
SolidusAKA is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 02:32 PM
  #525
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C
 
FrailSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Not a fan of the logo

But the colors look great. Just need some gold.

FrailSwan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.