HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist's Boston Saves (Savard vs Krejci)

View Poll Results: Krejci or Savard?
Save on Marc Savard 7 21.88%
Save on David Krejci 25 78.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 05:13 AM
  #1
Rangerboy030
Registered User
 
Rangerboy030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Lundqvist's Boston Saves (Savard vs Krejci)

So, to put a bit of focus on one of the few positives of this game, which of Hank's 'Boston Saves' was better?

Save against Marc Savard, 2007:



Save Against David Krejci, 2013:


Rangerboy030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:45 AM
  #2
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,823
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I think that last nights save might have been in, but impossible to confirm due to no clarity of seeing entire puck over the line. Nonetheless, last nights save was better, he really tried to lunge for it and pick it out of the air.
Lucky? Heck yeah. But great saves both times. But it is not these highlight saves that makes Lundqvist the franchise player that he is IMO... It is bringing his high standard on a consistent basis.
As for those IDIOTS that blame Lundqvist for any goal last night (especially the 2nd one - which many HF "experts" are now deeming was soft) - get a life! It was a double deflection gawddarnit. I played goalie in the elite of European junior hockey and myself know difficult it is to stop a deflection, let alone 2, on a hard shot. You guys that play NHL 13 or just are advanced couch commentators should of course try it first!

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:11 AM
  #3
TriFF51
USA Hockey
 
TriFF51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
Both amazing saves but last nights was better...and watching the staight on replay on msg you see Hank didn't catch it in the webbing but more near his palm so I actually think he kept it out.

TriFF51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:26 AM
  #4
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,490
vCash: 500
If anyone hasn't seen Webcaster's top 25 list, you should see that one as well.



As for the poll, I think I go with the save against Krejci, but it's very close. Both are fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
... As for those IDIOTS that blame Lundqvist for any goal last night (especially the 2nd one - which many HF "experts" are now deeming was soft) - get a life!...
Every goal against is Lundqvist's fault in the eyes of some. You just have to ignore their ignorance. Despite the hundreds of softies called out on this board last season, he still won the Vezina for some reason. They have tunnel vision, they have nothing to compare to, react emotionally instead of logically and are simply put spoiled as hell when it comes to goaltending. Some won't understand what they had until Hank retires.


Last edited by Chimp: 01-20-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:41 AM
  #5
SoftEuro4thLiner
Registered User
 
SoftEuro4thLiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
The Krejci one. However, I think it crossed the line.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:48 AM
  #6
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,999
vCash: 500
Well, I'd say the savard one by default considering krejci's shot was in. Purely from a factual and analytical standpoint - when they showed where the puck specifically hit Hank's glove from the straight on view, you can clearly see it hit the tip or most outside part of his globe and roll inward. Then from the above view, that entire area of his glove was completely across the line.

I actually prefer he just made the save without any question, cus it really would have been save of the year, and it's not like DK was awarded the goal anyways

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:52 AM
  #7
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I think that last nights save might have been in, but impossible to confirm due to no clarity of seeing entire puck over the line. Nonetheless, last nights save was better, he really tried to lunge for it and pick it out of the air.
Lucky? Heck yeah. But great saves both times. But it is not these highlight saves that makes Lundqvist the franchise player that he is IMO... It is bringing his high standard on a consistent basis.
As for those IDIOTS that blame Lundqvist for any goal last night (especially the 2nd one - which many HF "experts" are now deeming was soft) - get a life! It was a double deflection gawddarnit. I played goalie in the elite of European junior hockey and myself know difficult it is to stop a deflection, let alone 2, on a hard shot. You guys that play NHL 13 or just are advanced couch commentators should of course try it first!
Its my opinion that its never the goaltender's fault (unless its something stupid). Most of the game is played at even strength, which means there are five guys in front of the goaltender. Five guys need to fail at their job before anyone can blame the goaltender.

Last night is a perfect example. Not one skater showed up ready to play. Not one skater showed up ready to put in the effort to win a game. Lazy, sloppy, unfocused.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:57 AM
  #8
tomcatNYR
Registered User
 
tomcatNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post

Every goal against is Lundqvist's fault in the eyes of some. You just have to ignore their ignorance. Despite the hundreds of softies called out on this board last season, he still won the Vezina for some reason. They have tunnel vision, they have nothing to compare to, react emotionally instead of logically and are simply put spoiled as hell when it comes to goaltending. Some won't understand what they had until Hank retires.
The 3rd goal was maybe his "fault", but he said himself he lost the puck and then it was in. If our PP could even resemble some sort of a man advantage, this wouldn't even be a topic.

FYI, Jonathan Quick gave up at least 4 softies last night and Corey Schneider looked like an IHL goalie.

tomcatNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:10 AM
  #9
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 500
That save was beautiful, but it was most likely in the net.

The technology just couldn't prove it. That being said I'm glad that play didn't cost one team or the other.

Bruins were the better team last night.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:14 AM
  #10
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
That save was beautiful, but it was most likely in the net.
That's why I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt toward the goaltender. Wide open side of the net and he couldn't bank it in?

Lundqvist save; enough said.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:21 AM
  #11
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
That's why I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt toward the goaltender. Wide open side of the net and he couldn't bank it in?

Lundqvist save; enough said.
Tie goes to the runner?
Never considered it.

Fair enough.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:51 PM
  #12
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
voted for savard because i was at that game up in boston.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:31 PM
  #13
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,202
vCash: 500




I think Hank was farther out than either of those. Lehtonen's for sure.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:51 PM
  #14
SoftEuro4thLiner
Registered User
 
SoftEuro4thLiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
His athleticism is insane, that's for sure.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.