HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lupul re-signs with Toronto 5 years (5.25 average)

Old
01-24-2013, 05:09 AM
mapes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
If what Dion said was true and it hit an area that wasn't protected then the same result would have happened to anyone...
No only Lupul. Injury prone!!!! Only guy in the nhl who would have got the fracture

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:47 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Why doesn't this injury happen all the time? I mean for how simple of an injury it seems to be and how often players shoot hard at the net you would think it would happen at least three or four times a season. I can't remember the last time I heard of this happening.

I mean players get injured by the puck all the time but I can't remember the last time I heard about someone getting a broken arm from getting hit with the puck. Other injuries as a result of getting hit with the puck absolutely but a broken arm? Seems pretty infrequent.
Most players know how to keep their shots down when guys are in front. The legs are much better protected than the arms.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:57 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
lol!

You do realize that I responded to a Leaf fan "hating" on Burrows calling him a leach and how he wouldn't have earned his contract if it wasn't for the Sedins.

I never said Lupul is a bum. He's a decent player, though I don't think he's worth $5.25mill/yr. He's put up good goal and point totals in the past, but that doesn't make him versatile. The Sedins blow him away when it comes to production, but they aren't versatile players. Versatile players are those that can play in different roles, positions and situations. What makes Burrows versatile is that he can play either wing, on both special teams, and with any line, and shows chemistry with every line... and that he can play center and defense if needed. That's versatility. putting up goals and points is not versatility.

But if you want to hate on the haters, why not look at the post I was responding to?
Here's the words right from your mouth...

"Does Lupul come close to that versatility? All I hear is how he's got such good chemistry with Kessel - maybe he's the leach we should be talking about? Lupul has a history of inconistent play, injury issues, never has been considered a dominant defensive player, never has been considered a versatile player that you could move to different roles, on different lines, to play different positions, or even have on defense when needed. How much has Lupul benefitted from playing next to Kessel? And no one even considers that a steal of a contract to begin with!"

Haters gonna hate....

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:16 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Much more fiction than fact to that. Take a look at the top goal scoring defensemen and their shooting % from last season. He hits the net with the same frequency as all the other successful dmen with heavy slapshots.

Chara, Pieterangelo, J. Johnson, Byfuglien, Phaneuf - all very similar. Well... except their fanbases aren't all over them anytime they shoot.
Shots that miss the net aren't counted towards shooting percentage. I obviously haven't sat down and counted them, but is seems like Dion misses the net a lot more than your average d-man.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:28 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Every team has an injury proned player. Just a matter of dealing with it and continuing on with the season. All this means is he will score when he gets back and my man Matt Frattin gets a shot. Leafs are not overly hampered by this injury.
Scotty bowman often talked about building lines based on two players who play natural together.

Toronto may have been the worst team in the league
from the allstar break(.378 win%)

But these two were not the reason.
PTS/GM Rank:
Lupul #2 Winger
Kessel #4 Winger

I revel in toronto Sports suffering but this one is just not cool!

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:48 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
You know that black cloud hanging around the leafs his name is Dion Phaneuf. As bad as Detroit's defense is right now I would never want a tool like Phaneuf on my team.
Phaneuf is playing great.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote