HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Old
03-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 500
Awards:
The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Continue here.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:29 AM
TheBuriedHab

Ak with a good night. Im officially on the Nashville bandwagon.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:34 AM
Goalchenyuk87

Go Nashville Go.

I already miss AK46

Goalchenyuk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:45 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

i can't wait until the "why did we trade AK? our gm suck bla bla bla" brigade comes out.

i've always said he was badly mishandled by every coach he's ever had on this team and i think time will prove me right.

we'll see

still am on the nashville bandwagon though

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i can't wait until the "why did we trade AK? our gm suck bla bla bla" brigade comes out.

i've always said he was badly mishandled by every coach he's ever had on this team and i think time will prove me right.

we'll see

Well the brigade tells you that there are A THOUSAND proofs that this team sucked at developing their players. We have the team who sees more of his ex-players doing great ELSEWHERE. That can't be happening. And out of those players, the return is laughable. That ALSO can't be happening. At least, we have some picks coming our way so that Timmins work his magic. Yet, we took a good team and made it a mediocre one. Great way to be a top tier team. AKost has his own faults. Just like SKost did. And Grabs. Yet, it's true that those coaches were wrong in also more than one occasions. It makes me laugh when I read that all those coaches didn't like them, which means they were the proble. Oh yeah....so while Grabs and Co are having some great success, the great Carbo is doing some TV shows.....the great Gainey is putting the last touch in destroying the team and admitted when he re-signed that he was out of it, the great Martin was coming out of his coaching retirement and we'll see when he's going to be hired back and the great Cunneyworth is about the lose his job, and that will have NOTHING to do with the language he speaks but how bad his team is being prepared. I guess he can be good later. But he's clearly not showing it. So it's the number of coaches....it's the quality of it that isn't there. And those players with great systems, great teams and great coaches are showing that they belong. We missed the ball by not providing them with such an environment. Environments that some teams seems to deserve, but that we seem we can't based on this "but there's 30 teams in the league" BS.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:45 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well the brigade tells you that there are A THOUSAND proofs that this team sucked at developing their players. We have the team who sees more of his ex-players doing great ELSEWHERE. That can't be happening. And out of those players, the return is laughable. That ALSO can't be happening. At least, we have some picks coming our way so that Timmins work his magic. Yet, we took a good team and made it a mediocre one. Great way to be a top tier team. AKost has his own faults. Just like SKost did. And Grabs. Yet, it's true that those coaches were wrong in also more than one occasions. It makes me laugh when I read that all those coaches didn't like them, which means they were the proble. Oh yeah....so while Grabs and Co are having some great success, the great Carbo is doing some TV shows.....the great Gainey is putting the last touch in destroying the team and admitted when he re-signed that he was out of it, the great Martin was coming out of his coaching retirement and we'll see when he's going to be hired back and the great Cunneyworth is about the lose his job, and that will have NOTHING to do with the language he speaks but how bad his team is being prepared. I guess he can be good later. But he's clearly not showing it. So it's the number of coaches....it's the quality of it that isn't there. And those players with great systems, great teams and great coaches are showing that they belong. We missed the ball by not providing them with such an environment. Environments that some teams seems to deserve, but that we seem we can't based on this "but there's 30 teams in the league" BS.
You know, call me crazy, but, after reading this post, I'm KIND OF curious to see how a guy like Pierre McGuire would run this current team if he were GM.

I just don't see him making moves like Gomez for a guy like McDonught, Lapierre for Festerling, 5th... etc.etc.etc.

The current management is doing like the opposite of what a team like the leafs are doing.. basically, leafs are trading crap for decent, promising players, and we're.. well.. doing the opposite.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
You know, call me crazy, but, after reading this post, I'm KIND OF curious to see how a guy like Pierre McGuire would run this current team if he were GM.

I just don't see him making moves like Gomez for a guy like McDonught, Lapierre for Festerling, 5th... etc.etc.etc.

The current management is doing like the opposite of what a team like the leafs are doing.. basically, leafs are trading crap for decent, promising players, and we're.. well.. doing the opposite.
I mean, McGuire has to be in a list. Again, I'm not saying he HAS to be the GM, I'd have to interview him to be sure he'd be my candidate. I decide to NOT have a real candidate, but instead to have a wishlist of whom I hope Molson interviews and based on the GOOD reasons, hire then. McGuire has to be amongst one guy and solely for 1 good reason, I'd really like to hear him of how he thinks he could turn this around in a short period of time. Of what he thinks about our prospects and our overall development scheme. I'd like for us to give a great look at Jim Benning from Boston. And the usual suspects like Loiselle and Bergerin. I'd give a call to MacKasey as well. Also, I INSIST in having Timmins being interviewed. I believe this guy will be EXTREMELY cautious when it will be time to trade a prospect even if he stops being the guy who is in charge. Yet, he did that all of his life, he knows the mistakes we did and won't want to see it happening. I also will have full confindence in him that he finds the right guy to replace him, which we might already have in Jankowski. So I have 6 candidates. I really hope we hear that they've all been interviewed. Guys I DON'T see the need in interviewing are the Damphousse of this world, who will not bring anything and are not ready if ever. Another guy who might end up having the job and I'm not too fond of is Julien Brisebois. For one GREAT reason. I see him keeping Gainey. And I see Molson having NO problem agreeing with him. Brisebois might be his own man, but I want a change of philosophy. Not a continuity. Gauthier's supposed change of philosophy right now only exist so he'd save his ass. I want guys who really believes in it. Just not sure Brisebois is that kind of man. We need to get the heck out of this ex-CH family. And have new blood.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:24 AM
coolasprICE

Come on AK, finish the season off with 10 goals in Nashville...

I can't wait for the end of year conference with Gauthier's tail between his legs, RC who has lost all hope, and a bitter Molson trying his hardest to keep face.

''So what do you guys think of AK's strong finish in Nashville''

''dohhh...''

''Wish I could choke that ffff....''

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:34 AM
BobbyFischer*

lol..

It'd be funny if Andrei scores 35 next year, but Nashville crashes and misses the playoffs so Nashville trade Andrei for a 1st rounder at the deadline.

It would just be so typical...

Either that or he will now become a solid 30+ goal scorer.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:42 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
I mean, McGuire has to be in a list. Again, I'm not saying he HAS to be the GM, I'd have to interview him to be sure he'd be my candidate. I decide to NOT have a real candidate, but instead to have a wishlist of whom I hope Molson interviews and based on the GOOD reasons, hire then. McGuire has to be amongst one guy and solely for 1 good reason, I'd really like to hear him of how he thinks he could turn this around in a short period of time. Of what he thinks about our prospects and our overall development scheme. I'd like for us to give a great look at Jim Benning from Boston. And the usual suspects like Loiselle and Bergerin. I'd give a call to MacKasey as well. Also, I INSIST in having Timmins being interviewed. I believe this guy will be EXTREMELY cautious when it will be time to trade a prospect even if he stops being the guy who is in charge. Yet, he did that all of his life, he knows the mistakes we did and won't want to see it happening. I also will have full confindence in him that he finds the right guy to replace him, which we might already have in Jankowski. So I have 6 candidates. I really hope we hear that they've all been interviewed. Guys I DON'T see the need in interviewing are the Damphousse of this world, who will not bring anything and are not ready if ever. Another guy who might end up having the job and I'm not too fond of is Julien Brisebois. For one GREAT reason. I see him keeping Gainey. And I see Molson having NO problem agreeing with him. Brisebois might be his own man, but I want a change of philosophy. Not a continuity. Gauthier's supposed change of philosophy right now only exist so he'd save his ass. I want guys who really believes in it. Just not sure Brisebois is that kind of man. We need to get the heck out of this ex-CH family. And have new blood.
you are always interesting to read but, paragraphs, man

and for what it's worth, timmins is my pick for GM as well

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:27 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Solid post, couldn' agree more.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Hermamoud

Hey, look who's the top pointer in the Federal Hockey League. Posting Gretzky-like numbers too.

http://fhl_league.stats.pointstreak....?leagueid=1018

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

The Florida Panthers had nothing going for them, no budget whatsoever, but they can put in a guy that turned the team around in a short term, while having guys like Huberdeau, Gudbranson and Bjugstad growing in the organization. Even the Coyotes can get good people in place.

Incompetence is rampant in this organization.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Hey, look who's the top pointer in the Federal Hockey League. Posting Gretzky-like numbers too.

Wait, this is a real league?

****ing Slapshot...

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

we'll see

thing is that the GM is ultimately responsible for the coach(es) he hires and how they develop the teams assets...

on a related note, saw a very interesting, and perhaps telling, quote from Trotz re. Kost yesterday.

can't find the online quote, but basically he suggested that Kost was lacking in the conditioning department to be able to play the way the Predators play... that the habs play a much more "passive" (my word, not his, he said something like "sit back and wait") style, so Kost would need some time in practice to physically get up to the level needed to play at their pace.

i find this very interesting.

If Kost doesn't completely fall apart while being pushed to train harder and play "faster", we'll have all the evidence we need that our organization is completely out to lunch.

a supposed "lazy", "disinterested" player shouldn't be able to step into a more demanding system, and perform... yet S.Kost thrived as soon as he got there, and my suspicion is that Andrei will do the same.

this mess just keeps getting worse and worse (or at least, how bad it is just keeps getting clearer and clearer).

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:

13 X Tibbetts, Billy CCB C 15 10 30 40 +21 109

I thought this guy was in jail or dead. He could have been a great 3rd-4th liner in the NHL if not such a scum.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Vukotal Recall

Mike Ribeiro 16 (Assists: Michael Ryder 23, Stephane Robidas 15)

2005, or last night in Dallas?

Vukotal Recall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Bob Bob Bob....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Joe Cole

Looking in the rear view mirror all day looking at your past mistakes insures that you will just hit a tree.

Get over it.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
llamateizer

If they were in MTL , we would complain that thoses 3 earns 12 millions together which is too much

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
If they were in MTL , we would complain that thoses 3 earns 12 millions together which is too much
Which Molson could have earned back with a playoff series or two...

Not The One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:13 AM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Quote:

Oh my god, sign Dagenais !

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:32 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
Oh my god, sign Dagenais !
That Federal League is quite something...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:33 AM
gillyguzzler

What if? What if?

What if these three trades had not happened? The Ribeiro trade. The Gomez trade. The Kostitsyns.

MaxPac-DD-Cole
SK-Ribeiro-AK
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Higgins-Eller-Moen (this 4th line is better than our 2nd line right now!)

Markov-McDonaugh
Subban-Gorges
Emelin-Weber

Price

The only thing that remains from these trades is Gomez, a second in 2013 and a fifth in 2013.
Budaj

gillyguzzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:34 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
Which Molson could have earned back with a playoff series or two...
I will never understand why the Habs snubbed Ryder and let him go... the bruins must regret it too.

Ribeiro: no needs to stir the pot again.

Robidas: an underated d-man who built himslf a very solid carreer.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote