HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Possible Line Combos

Old
07-25-2012, 12:48 PM
eclipse2411

vCash: 500
2012-2013 Possible Line Combos

I feel there are so many option for line combos and I'm curious at what people think the lines will end up being to start the year (they change all the time throughout the season)..I'll list my thinking...

Umby - Brassard - Folingo
Prospal - Johansen - Atkinson
Anisimov - Dubi - Letestu
Boll/Gillies - Mac - Dorsett

Wiz - Johnson
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Erixon/Moore

I'm thinking (and hoping) Brassard can become a better Center. I feel that Umby and Folingo will bring a lot of heart every shift that could make oppotunities open up.

The leadership and experience of Prospal on a line with RyJo and Cam would help with their development. The play making RyJo can provide should benefit Atkinson and I would like to see them both grow together.

In my opinion, AA and Dubi should be put on the same line. The chemistry of playing together for the last 3 years should make them feel more comfortable - to start the season at least. Dubi should be the Center as he's better at faceoffs which we will need.

Checking line - no discussion needed except to maybe see Letestu and Dorsett switch lines.

Would love to hear feedback and other opinions of what our lines should look like to start the year!

eclipse2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:23 PM
ndd17
Hate the rags

On the Russian hockey forum CBJ I wrote such option of roster:
RJU - Brassard - Folingo
Dubi-AA-Atkinson
Prospal-RJ-Letestu
Boll-Mac - Dorsett

Wiz - Johnson
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Murray/Moore

The first line is identical.

ndd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Stretch Factor

I'd be shocked if we don't see line changes from game to game, shift to shift depending on the opponent and situation.

I hope they eventually settle into a pattern, but I don't expect it for a while.

Stretch Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Calad
Section 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
I feel there are so many option for line combos and I'm curious at what people think the lines will end up being to start the year (they change all the time throughout the season)..I'll list my thinking...

Umby - Brassard - Folingo
Prospal - Johansen - Atkinson
Anisimov - Dubi - Letestu
Boll/Gillies - Mac - Dorsett

Wiz - Johnson
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Erixon/Moore

I'm thinking (and hoping) Brassard can become a better Center. I feel that Umby and Folingo will bring a lot of heart every shift that could make oppotunities open up.

The leadership and experience of Prospal on a line with RyJo and Cam would help with their development. The play making RyJo can provide should benefit Atkinson and I would like to see them both grow together.

In my opinion, AA and Dubi should be put on the same line. The chemistry of playing together for the last 3 years should make them feel more comfortable - to start the season at least. Dubi should be the Center as he's better at faceoffs which we will need.

Checking line - no discussion needed except to maybe see Letestu and Dorsett switch lines.

Would love to hear feedback and other opinions of what our lines should look like to start the year!
Dubi and AA didn't play on the same line too often here in NY, Dubi would also typically play on the wing, while AA was much more comfortable at center. AA is an excellent 3rd line center (great defensively andhas the skills to play a top6 role, he just tends to disappear at times) and Dubi should definitely be a top6 player since when he is going he always has a big effect on the game.

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:40 PM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

Can Umberger play the right side? If so:

Vinny Prospal - Derrick Brassard - R. J. Umberger
Brandon Dubinsky - Ryan Johansen - Cam Atkinson
Nick Foligno - Artem Anisimov - Mark Letestu
Jared Boll - Derek MacKenzie - Derek Dorsett

Jack Johnson - James Wisniewski
Fedor Tyutin - Nikita Nikitin
Adrian Aucoin - John Moore

BonMorrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:57 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 1900
I would love to see an Umberger - Dubinsky - Foligno line. Other then that, line changes happen almost game by game. So I'll just wait and see what happens.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:19 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Umberger-Brassard-Atkinson (this worked towards the end of last year, why not try it out at the start?)
Anisimov-Johansen-Prospal (Good mix of playmaking and shooting)
Foligno-Dubinsky-Dorsett (Great energy line, I would love to see this)
Gillies-Mackenzie-Letestu (Love Dmac and Letestu, meh on Gillies)

Johnson-Wiz
Tyutin-Nikitin
Aucoin-Savard/Moore/Murray/Erixon

Impossible to determine the sixth defenseman. Wow. No true first line here either.

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 05:26 PM
36kap36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Umberger-Brassard-Atkinson (this worked towards the end of last year, why not try it out at the start?)
Anisimov-Johansen-Prospal (Good mix of playmaking and shooting)
Foligno-Dubinsky-Dorsett (Great energy line, I would love to see this)
Gillies-Mackenzie-Letestu (Love Dmac and Letestu, meh on Gillies)

Johnson-Wiz
Tyutin-Nikitin
Aucoin-Savard/Moore/Murray/Erixon

Impossible to determine the sixth defenseman. Wow. No true first line here either.
Swap Dorse and Letestu, and I think I am then a fan of these lines. I personally don't want to see Murray up unless he is completely ready, so I wouldn't slot him in, but that might just be me.

36kap36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:11 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I would love to see Foligno-Anisimov-Dorsett simply because in 2010, in the last 10 or so games in the season, Anisimov centered a line with Brandon Prust and Jody Shelley and that line went on a tear racking up 18 points in 10 games. From the 4th line. On the 4th line, Anisimov was 2-5-7, Jody Shelley 2-3-5 (more than doubling his season pt total in that span!), and Prust at 3-3-6. Anisimov said it was great playing with those two guys because they created so much room for him and he was able to set them up for some easy goals. Plus, they stick up for Anisimov who can sometimes get caught with his head down but has no head injury history. I never understood why Torts never attempted to recreate that magic so I hope to see Anisimov get a chance to do so in Columbus. Dorsett strikes me as a big tough guy capable of making space but also with acceptable talent to work in that situation but I mean freaking Jody Shelley 5 points in 10 games? That's got to be some sort of miracle. You guys would probably know best. Foligno is a big beast in his own right. Might be overkill in the "big make me space winger" category. Someone else like Colton Gillies might be able to fill that roll but he seems like he might have to fight just to keep a spot on the roster.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:57 PM
slightlystewpid420

Ansimov-Dubi-Foligno
Johansen-Brassard-Atkinson
Umby-Letestu-Jenner(yeah hes gonna make the team this year)
gillies-mackenzie-boll

Johnson-Wiz/Murray(seriously johnson is the PERFECT mentor for muray)
Tyutes-Niki
Aucion/Wiz-Moore/Savard

book it now. obviously it'll change around but i really think dubi and foligno together are gonna be special, they play a similiar style and would be interesting to seee if they could feed off each other. second line lets johan and atkinson grow together. The umby jenner line provides energy and grit and then the 4th is a grinding line. The johnson murray pairing would only be in certain situations not every game but i think its setting up for a insane pairing in the future. Tyutin and nikitin have shown a lot of potential after last season and then of course aucoin the vet to mentor a younger fringe ahl/nhl dman.

Last edited by slightlystewpid420: 07-25-2012 at 08:09 PM.
slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:02 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

I do love the fact that Howson has seemingly turned this team into hard working big bodies on offense and smooth skating/PM defensemen. If only he could figure out the goalie situation...

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Ansimov-Dubi-Foligno
gillies-mackenzie-boll

Tyutes-Niki
Aucion/Wiz-Moore/Savard

book it now. obviously it'll change around but i really think dubi and foligno together are gonna be special, they play a similiar style and would be interesting to seee if they could feed off each other. second line lets johan and atkinson grow together. The umby jenner line provides energy and grit and then the 4th is a grinding line. The johnson murray pairing would only be in certain situations not every game but i think its setting up for a insane pairing in the future. Tyutin and nikitin have shown a lot of potential after last season and then of course aucoin the vet to mentor a younger fringe ahl/nhl dman.
No Dorsett ?

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:22 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
No Dorsett ?
Forgot about him lol. He'll definitely be in the back 6 of the lineup. gillies and jenner im sure will rotate in an out. Kinda like johansen and atkinson did this year.

I didnt realize cam was on track for 50pts last season. Im so excited to see him play. I really hope he outplays krieder.

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:29 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Forgot about him lol. He'll definitely be in the back 6 of the lineup. gillies and jenner im sure will rotate in an out. Kinda like johansen and atkinson did this year.

I didnt realize cam was on track for 50pts last season. Im so excited to see him play. I really hope he outplays krieder.
I really like your top two lines. I also like pairing Murray with JJ. I could see that pairing after Murray gets his legs and ice time after 30 or so games.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 08:48 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Ansimov-Dubi-Foligno
gillies-mackenzie-boll

Tyutes-Niki
Aucion/Wiz-Moore/Savard

No Erixon?

Old
07-25-2012, 09:35 PM
36kap36

Quote:
Ansimov-Dubi-Foligno
gillies-mackenzie-boll

Tyutes-Niki
Aucion/Wiz-Moore/Savard

It makes zero sense to try to keep playing him on the wing, I'd rather see him in the AHL to develop as a center than to be forced to be a wing here. We have the center depth to let him develop better if he isn't ready to stay with the big club this season.

36kap36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:42 PM
CBJ Tiffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36kap36 View Post
It makes zero sense to try to keep playing him on the wing, I'd rather see him in the AHL to develop as a center than to be forced to be a wing here. We have the center depth to let him develop better if he isn't ready to stay with the big club this season.
That is my opinion as well.

CBJ Tiffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:56 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ansimov-Dubi-Foligno
gillies-mackenzie-boll

Tyutes-Niki
Aucion/Wiz-Moore/Savard

You're missing last year's second point getter, Prospal.

07-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Really depends on several factors.

First, who is and who is not still around at the start of training camp. It is entirely possible that one or more of the present roster may not be here, ie Brassard, Moore, Savard, Mason.

Second, there is a little matter of training camp, which will probably be the most interesting camp in many years. Nobody has even begun to address the possibility that someone might just push their way into the picture, ie Calvert, Kubalik, JAM.

Third, no one has any idea of who might fit with whom. RJ, RyJo and Atkinson worked at the end last year and it might be a place to start and there is the NYR connection that could be a start. But best guess at this point is just that best guess. Richards may be just shuffling cards at the moment and seeing what comes out.

It is a lot of fun, granted, but realistically pretty much p***ing in the wind right now.

Last edited by Roadman: 07-25-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old
07-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Speaking of training camp I really, REALLY, hope they limit the number of attendees this year. There is just too much work that needs to be done to be wishing and hoping some invitee can make an impression. There will be a time again for that, but not this time around.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:16 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

This is not easy. It would be so much easier with a top 6 right winger added. Each of the forward lines has a bit of grit. Line 2c is designed to be defensively responsible. Line 2a is the "kid line."

Line 2a: Foligno - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Line 2b: Umberger - Brassard - Letestu
Line 2c: Prospal - Anisimov - Dorsett
Line 3: Jenner - Johansen - MacKenzie
Boll, Gilles

D1: Johnson - Wiz
D2: Tyutin - Nikitin
D3: Aucoin - Erixon
Murray
(Moore and Savard start in Springfield)

G1: Bobrovsky
G2: Mason

Last edited by leesmith: 07-25-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Turned Line 4 into Line 3
leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:32 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Speaking of training camp I really, REALLY, hope they limit the number of attendees this year. There is just too much work that needs to be done to be wishing and hoping some invitee can make an impression. There will be a time again for that, but not this time around.
Amen to that! Arniel really screwed us last year by doing this when we really needed to acclimate the new players with their linemates.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:54 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Funny

I have trouble envisioning lines of so many left wings & centres, and anyone leaving Erixon out of our defense really doesn't understand his talent and potential.

I like big hard working lines, but am really most excited about the defense.

Biggest ? is in net, is Bob the answer? We need league average or above goal tending

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:57 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:

It is a lot of fun, granted, but realistically pretty much p***ing in the wind right now.
Beats worrying about the CBA.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:33 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Why not pair Johansen and Dubinsky? Dubinsky could take the draw and Johansen could play center in open ice.