HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

waiver draft?

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 04:59 PM
ATG

vCash: 500
waiver draft?

Any decent defenseman going to be available for the leafs to pick up?

Old
09-22-2003, 05:04 PM
sluggo*

not one of the caliber they need.

Old
09-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo's house
Any decent defenseman going to be available for the leafs to pick up?
If Leafs are counting on Waiver Draft Fauder , where they don't have a pick in the top 15 picks ..to help the D...then good luck and Kiss this season goodbye....

With every team able to protect 6 Dman and then have all the non-playoff teams to pick only in the first round and then another 15 teams at least to pick or pass in the second and hope for help..

What do you think are the odds of getting help... The only possible hope would be a aging Vet with a Huge contract and then Leafs would have to spend money that they did not all of Season..

Let me ask you this... Who do you think is going to made available that the Leafs could take... ???

Old
09-22-2003, 06:01 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
If Leafs are counting on Waiver Draft Fauder , where they don't have a pick in the top 15 picks ..to help the D...then good luck and Kiss this season goodbye....

With every team able to protect 6 Dman and then have all the non-playoff teams to pick only in the first round and then another 15 teams at least to pick or pass in the second and hope for help..

What do you think are the odds of getting help... The only possible hope would be a aging Vet with a Huge contract and then Leafs would have to spend money that they did not all of Season..

Let me ask you this... Who do you think is going to made available that the Leafs could take... ???
herad montreal has 8 nhl calibre defenseman as does vancouver i don't know

Old
09-22-2003, 06:40 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

the isles might expose timander

Old
09-22-2003, 06:43 PM
RiellyGood

Quote:
herad montreal has 3 nhl calibre defenseman

Thats more like it

Old
09-22-2003, 07:15 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
herad montreal has 8 nhl calibre defenseman as does vancouver i don't know
Yes ..but are these 8th Dmen on these teams..any better than Jamie Pushor??? He would be leafs 8th dman..

That would be the quality of player available.. If the Leafs wanted a Slegr type 8th dman off of Vancouver they could just have signed him themselves..

I don't agree with management usually but rather than get someone else's cast-off I would rather play the kids we have now..

Wouldn't a UFA like Klee still be better than the 8th dman on a team like Montreal that struggles to make the playoffs... The Habs should be hoping the could get their hands on our 8th dman...

I think rather than hold out hope from the Waiver draft I think Leaf fans should get excited of the Player we may Loose (PLEASE) like a Reichel, Belak, Kidd or Fitzgerald type that can open a roster spot for a younger player...

I just don't see how a team can realistically challenge or think they can challenge for a cup by hoping for a waiver draft pickup to fix a poor defense..

Old
09-23-2003, 04:04 AM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
the isles might expose timander

Great another 5th or 6th D man on the Leafs -- get in line. No thanks.

Closed Thread