HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2013 NHL Season Diving Thread [WARNING: Post 507. Please Read]

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 09:19 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Still waiting for the video of Subban «jumping» face first in the board aka diving ....

Old
03-04-2013, 09:24 AM
duckchobbins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Still waiting for the video of Subban «jumping» face first in the board aka diving ....
I don't remember him jumping into the glass, but Thornton hit him once behind Budaj and he definitely took a nice turn before the hit. I wouldn't call it a dive or anything, just trying to help along a boarding call. Therrien went ballistic though.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:42 AM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Some people say that Emelin's crosscheck was so real it broke his own stick.

Well, check out 1:03 in the following video. You can see that Seguin's stick slashing Emelin's, as he falls down, which breaks it in half.

Emelin's hit was nowhere near dirty. Those type of contacts are dime a dozen in a hockey game.

Last edited by kassian: 03-04-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Some people say that Emelin's crosscheck was so real it broke his own stick.

Well, check out 1:03 in the following video. You can see that Seguin's stick slashing Emelin's, as he falls down, which breaks it in half.

Emelin's hit was nowhere near dirty. Those type of contacts are dime a dozen in a hockey game.
The stick doesn't even look like it's broken, it's still in one piece as it falls.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:28 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
The stick doesn't even look like it's broken, it's still in one piece as it falls.
It snapped. Whether it was caused by Seguin's own stick or the crosscheck, I have no idea.

Last edited by duckchobbins: 04-08-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old
03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

Pretty ridiculous hollywood act by seguin there. Of course he didnt miss a single shift after. Chara needs to respond to actual cheapshots next time.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:38 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
Pretty ridiculous hollywood act by seguin there. Of course he didnt miss a single shift after. Chara needs to respond to actual cheapshots next time.
Talk about world class denial.... is the earth still flat too?

Old
03-04-2013, 10:43 AM
ChoseLa

One of the biggest dive i've seen against the Habs this year, the ref didn't bite at least.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Ryp37

Is there a better angle of that Emelin cross check because it really looks like a love tap?

Old
03-04-2013, 10:51 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
Is there a better angle of that Emelin cross check because it really looks like a love tap?
It doesn't look very hard at all, I'll agree on that. Like I said earlier, maybe in this thread, maybe another, Boychuk's shove to Mason Raymond into the corner didn't look like much either and it broke his back iirc. Looked like Seguin went down awfully easily but he was shaken up on the bench and went back to the dressing room for a short minute or two.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Ryp37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
It doesn't look very hard at all, I'll agree on that. Like I said earlier, maybe in this thread, maybe another, Boychuk's shove to Mason Raymond into the corner didn't look like much either and it broke his back iirc. Looked like Seguin went down awfully easily but he was shaken up on the bench and went back to the dressing room for a short minute or two.
Yeah it looks like it could have hit him directly on the hip which would hurt

Old
03-04-2013, 11:28 AM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
"You know what? If we start calling those penalties for embellishment, maybe teams will stop doing it, but until we take charge of that, it's going to be an issue. It's frustrating because tonight as everybody saw, there's a lot of embellishment. And this is embarrassing for our game, the embellishing.

"And right now, they've got over 100 power plays -- so far -- and it's pretty obvious why. And we're trying to clean that out of our game. And it's got to be done soon because it's not about tonight, it's about the game. And embellishment embarrasses our game. And we need to be better at that."
Does this Claude Julien quote apply to other teams or also the Bruins? It would carry more weight if the Bruins didn't have a bunch of divers.

Last edited by M A K A V E L I*: 03-04-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old
03-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Frank Drebin

Shameful dive by Seguin there.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

^who are you to say? Do you realize how that area is almsot completely exposed? Shoulder pads dont cover your ribs on the sides usually, and if they do it isnt much

I dont really think its appropriate for you to dictate whether he was hurt or not by it. Its one thing to see a player like Kesler dive and flop around when he gets tapped, but Seguin got cross checked in an unprotected place. I dont think you can really tell better than I nor anyone else how bad it really hurt, but considering the guys on the ice (ie Chara) thought it was bad enough to take action, and Seguin went to the dressing room, you can at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jeez. If this was Eberle or Tavares or Duchene it would be a totally different story, but since its Seguin the drama queens are out in full trying to further their agenda

Old
03-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
^who are you to say? Do you realize how that area is almsot completely exposed? Shoulder pads dont cover your ribs on the sides usually, and if they do it isnt much

I dont really think its appropriate for you to dictate whether he was hurt or not by it. Its one thing to see a player like Kesler dive and flop around when he gets tapped, but Seguin got cross checked in an unprotected place. I dont think you can really tell better than I nor anyone else how bad it really hurt, but considering the guys on the ice (ie Chara) thought it was bad enough to take action, and Seguin went to the dressing room, you can at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jeez. If this was Eberle or Tavares or Duchene it would be a totally different story, but since its Seguin the drama queens are out in full trying to further their agenda
I didn't watch the play that closely, I just blindly call players from other teams divers.

Is that wrong?

Old
03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
TSC*
KPD IS ADB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
Of course he didnt miss a single shift after.
Actually, he did. He went down the runway and Campbell was on the ice with Bergeron and Marchand for the next shift.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:38 PM
The Hutch

Watching the first video, I'd have said that Seguin got pushed by the stick and went down to draw a penalty. But all it drew was Chara fury.

Watching the .gif from the ice level angle, it definitely looks like there was added force at the last moment to cross check Seguin in the ribs. That hurts, my friends.

I'd say the cross check hurt him, but it was done so snug that it wouldn't look like it. Sneaky.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
The Hutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
This is very true. It amazes me how many people don't seem to grasp that there doesn't need to be the momentum of a locomotive to do damage.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Nose Face Killah
🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝

Seguin didn't dive. He got hit in the ribs, which are barely protected.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Bridges31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Shameful dive by Seguin there.
If that's a dive then why did Seguin go down the tunnel? He missed some time and I'm pretty sure at least a shift. He wouldn't do all that just to sell a call.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:22 PM
ChoseLa

If you look at the video it looks like Emelin is touching him on the arm shoulder. His arms are completly extended he doesn't even give a jolt. For all we know it could be the stick work of Seguin who broke the stick of Emelin.

Séguin dove and then realize that Chara went out for 17 minutes then went on with his comedy to not look completly stupid.

Looks like a dive to me; a very banal crosscheck with embelishment.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:23 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
If that's a dive then why did Seguin go down the tunnel? He missed some time and I'm pretty sure at least a shift. He wouldn't do all that just to sell a call.
Good actors don't break character between scenes.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:28 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
If you look at the video it looks like Emelin is touching him on the arm shoulder. His arms are completly extended he doesn't even give a jolt. For all we know it could be the stick work of Seguin who broke the stick of Emelin.

Séguin dove and then realize that Chara went out for 17 minutes then went on with his comedy to not look completly stupid.

Looks like a dive to me; a very banal crosscheck with embelishment.
It looks to me like he gets Seguin just below the elbow, so right around the rib area.

I agree on the cause of Emelin's broken stick though. Tough to say for sure how it happened.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:52 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Doesn't matter if that particular play was a dive or not, Bruins have definitely been shown to dive a lot, definitely hypocritical of Julien to complain about Habs diving.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:56 PM
TSC*
KPD IS ADB

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Doesn't matter if that particular play was a dive or not, Bruins have definitely been shown to dive a lot, definitely hypocritical of Julien to complain about Habs diving.
I mean, if you want to look at things that way, this entire thread should be shut down. Because it would be hypocritical of any fan of any team to point out another team diving, right?

Julien is trying to help his team. If it involves some politicking, then so be it. The Canadiens are first in the league in PP opportunities. The Bruins last. Julien is trying to do something to maybe change that.

Closed Thread