HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge - No Jokinen in this thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2013, 11:39 AM
  #901
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!
 
Back in the Bigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Haha, oh man. I had a row of dancing ladies in front of me. Three of them looked at least 35+, with one being in her early 20s. They were all having a good time, and I enjoyed every second that they were.

Jon's power ballad influx nearly sucked the life out of the crowd at times, but his use of his seminal hits (Raise Your Hands, Shot Through The Heart, Livin' on a Prayer, Bad Medicine, Wanted Dead or Alive) brought the crowd back into it. I got chills when the crowd dug into Dead or Alive and belted the **** out of it. I enjoyed that concert more than the Iron Maiden one I went to last year.

I am also going to Motley Crue next month, but I'm going to the Brandon show with my Dad. I'm passing on KISS because I have no interest in seeing them, and my Dad saw them last year.

But man, those ladies in front of me. ****.
jeez, I can remember when 35+ was 'grab a granny' / cougar territory, now I'm old enough to be their father ..... any discernible difference in the tunes with Phil X replacing Richie Sambora on lead?

Back in the Bigs is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 11:46 AM
  #902
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,587
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
****.

Just finished all episodes of Breaking Bad.

I should've done it slower, now I have to wait 3 months to find out what happens.
I did the same thing before season 5 started last year. It'll make it all that sweeter trust me hehe

Flair Hay is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 11:58 AM
  #903
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!
 
Back in the Bigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
****.

Just finished all episodes of Breaking Bad.

I should've done it slower, now I have to wait 3 months to find out what happens.
yes, Hank vs Walt can't wait
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hank.jpg‎ (6.3 KB, 2 views)

Back in the Bigs is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 12:01 PM
  #904
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
I did the same thing before season 5 started last year. It'll make it all that sweeter trust me hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in the Bigs View Post
yes, Hank vs Walt can't wait
I'll probably watch through it all again, just an incredible series.

Lynk is offline  
Old
04-07-2013, 01:47 PM
  #905
Diatidialga
Registered User
 
Diatidialga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,062
vCash: 500
Lovely April snow today

Diatidialga is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 12:35 AM
  #906
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net
 
CorgisPer60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Please Understand
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,434
vCash: 279
April 8th? Nope, January 30th. Damn weather.

CorgisPer60 is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 01:18 AM
  #907
Romang67
Moderator
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Country: Sweden
Posts: 21,417
vCash: 500
*sigh*

I have to find the journal that proves that I've gotten vaccinations for a bunch of diseases. That journal seems to have disappeared from this earth. Do you think the Visa people will think it's fine if I just say that I actually had the diseases and got immunity from that?

Also, it makes me very happy to see that spring hasn't arrived for you either!

Romang67 is online now  
Old
04-08-2013, 01:48 AM
  #908
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
God damn Winter needs to go away, i wanna bust out the bike.

It'll make getting to work (when i find it) easier, probably should have got my license through school offered driver's ed like everyone else by now >_>

Meh, got my beginner's, just don't really have the money to go to driver's ed atm (i'd go the "family can teach me route") but everyone in my family are horrible, horrible drivers...except my dad but unfortunately he's dead

Edit: least i got the ID out of my beginners so i can buy and consume delicious alcohol

GodTukka* is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 02:08 AM
  #909
Romang67
Moderator
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Country: Sweden
Posts: 21,417
vCash: 500
I really hate bureaucracy. "Well, if you call the archives when the moon is full and the striped wolf howles, there is a slight chance that the archivist dwells in the shadows long enough to be able to hear your song of vaccines, and is able to conjure the moon sapphires that will open the Gate of Kerash. Once there, you have to fullfill the prophecy, while keeping an eye on the clock, for you only have 24 minutes to find the papers."

"And also be prepared to stand in line for atleast two full moon cycles."


Last edited by Romang67: 04-08-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Romang67 is online now  
Old
04-08-2013, 07:17 AM
  #910
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
\_(ツ)_/
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YTH
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,180
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
I really hate bureaucracy. "Well, if you call the archives when the moon is full and the striped wolf howles, there is a slight chance that the archivist dwells in the shadows long enough to be able to hear your song of vaccines, and is able to conjure the moon sapphires that will open the Gate of Kerash. Once there, you have to fullfill the prophecy, while keeping an eye on the clock, for you only have 24 minutes to find the papers."

"And also be prepared to stand in line for atleast two full moon cycles."


The more I read from you, the more I think Sweden and Canada are pretty damn similar.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 11:05 AM
  #911
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad
 
Snot Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 176
I would move to Norway or Sweden in a heartbeat.

Hoping to get over there sometime by fall. Land in Germany, dip down into Austria then head Nord only 2 weeks planned total.

Probably enough time to hit Oslo and the surrounding area for a quick and dirty Viking raid on the Food, Beer, Burial sites and perhaps if I am very lucky catch a show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post


The more I read from you, the more I think Sweden and Canada are pretty damn similar.
Yeah, except we in Canada to not have the quality of life (in general) that they do in Scandinavia...or the quality of beer.

Snot Rocket is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 01:12 PM
  #912
Guerzy
free marko
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Friendly Manitoba
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 38,165
vCash: 69
From the main board. This young boy is pretty upset Ryane Clowe got traded to the Rangers.













Guerzy is online now  
Old
04-08-2013, 01:54 PM
  #913
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man
 
winterpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snot Rocket View Post
Yeah, except we in Canada to not have the quality of life (in general) that they do in Scandinavia...or the quality of beer.
I truly love Canada, and am as much a flag waiving patriot as anybody here, but with that being said, this was quoted for truth. The beer on this side of the ocean just doesn't compare.

winterpeg is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 02:39 PM
  #914
tacogeoff
Registered User
 
tacogeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,400
vCash: 50
Speaking of beers. Has anyone come across shock top Belgian white in Manitoba? I had it at the ski resort at lake Louise last month and it was unbelievably satisfying. I tried Richards white this weekend but it was not near the grade of the latter

tacogeoff is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 02:46 PM
  #915
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man
 
winterpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Speaking of beers. Has anyone come across shock top Belgian white in Manitoba? I had it at the ski resort at lake Louise last month and it was unbelievably satisfying. I tried Richards white this weekend but it was not near the grade of the latter
You ski in the Rockies AND value a high quality beer? A man after my own heart!

I haven't seen that before, though. No.

winterpeg is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 04:26 PM
  #916
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
From the main board. This young boy is pretty upset Ryane Clowe got traded to the Rangers.







Any relation to this guy?


GodTukka* is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 04:34 PM
  #917
tacogeoff
Registered User
 
tacogeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterpeg View Post
You ski in the Rockies AND value a high quality beer? A man after my own heart!

I haven't seen that before, though. No.
Ha. Ya I try to get out skiing out west or in Montana a few times a season. Nothing more relaxing then being on top of a mountain with an option to stop for a few good brews!

tacogeoff is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 05:52 PM
  #918
sully1410
#EggosForEleven
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,546
vCash: 127
Ok...so funny story.

We just got back home today from a week long trip to Victoria to take my step daughter to see her ******-bag of a father, oddly enough it was cheaper to drive out there and stay in the sandman for a week then it was to fly her and mom out there.

Yesterday, the old lady decides to go into Calgary to do some shopping, the rest of us have no desire to get back into a car, so we stay behind. Mind you, we live forty minutes outside of Calgary. So she takes my bank card, seeing as how she lost hers, and the car keys and away she goes.

She gets into town, and she's feeling a little off and is finding that she is having a lot of difficulty keeping anything, even water down. She calls health links and they tell her to move her butt to the nearest hospital and get checked out. At the very least they'll put her on an IV. So she does this, they do a bunch of tests and what not and get her hooked up a IV...

Then the tests come back and we find out she is Pregnant! SURPRISE!!!! and really all she has is really really bad morning sickness. Either way, they're keeping her until her stomach settles down and what not, she's high risk, we haven't had much luck on kid number three.

However, I'm stuck in a little po-dung town, with no money or vehicle...and since we just got back from a road trip, no real food. Luckily the local food bank was able to help us out.

Of course, a lot of our stuff was in the car still..including my cell phone charger.

So thats been my last two days. Awesome.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 06:34 PM
  #919
Jet
Buff Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orlando
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,968
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
*sigh*

I have to find the journal that proves that I've gotten vaccinations for a bunch of diseases. That journal seems to have disappeared from this earth. Do you think the Visa people will think it's fine if I just say that I actually had the diseases and got immunity from that?

Also, it makes me very happy to see that spring hasn't arrived for you either!
Whereabouts are you in Sweden, Romang? Our normal High/Low is +8/-3. Today it ws -5/-18 We've been 5-20 degrees below normal for over a month. It is super frustrating

I am taking a roadtrip to Miami in May but even that seems like an eternity away right now.

__________________
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde
Jet is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 06:37 PM
  #920
JC Numminen
#goldrush
 
JC Numminen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westman
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,327
vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Whereabouts are you in Sweden, Romang? Our normal High/Low is +8/-3. Today it ws -5/-18 We've been 5-20 degrees below normal for over a month. It is super frustrating

I am taking a roadtrip to Miami in May but even that seems like an eternity away right now.
But but... thats playoff time!

JC Numminen is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 06:39 PM
  #921
sully1410
#EggosForEleven
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,546
vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Whereabouts are you in Sweden, Romang? Our normal High/Low is +8/-3. Today it ws -5/-18 We've been 5-20 degrees below normal for over a month. It is super frustrating

I am taking a roadtrip to Miami in May but even that seems like an eternity away right now.
That is the only reason why I don't want to live in the Peg again. The weather. There's no happy medium...its one extreme or the other lol.

My wife has no interest in experiencing a true prarie winter, she grew up in calgary her whole life...winters are pretty mild, other wise I'd be back in a heart beat.

I miss Winnipeg.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 06:39 PM
  #922
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,612
vCash: 500
Crazy story Sully, but has a good ending.

Congrats, bro.

Lynk is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 06:47 PM
  #923
Jet
Buff Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orlando
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,968
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJet View Post
But but... thats playoff time!
Yeah... and at this rate, it's the only way I'll see a game Rolling through Chicago, St. Louis and Minneapolis.

Was hoping that the Jets and Lightning would make it somehow so I could see a game in Tampa. Wishful thinking I guess

Jet is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 06:49 PM
  #924
Jet
Buff Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orlando
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,968
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
That is the only reason why I don't want to live in the Peg again. The weather. There's no happy medium...its one extreme or the other lol.

My wife has no interest in experiencing a true prarie winter, she grew up in calgary her whole life...winters are pretty mild, other wise I'd be back in a heart beat.

I miss Winnipeg.
I'm tiring of it as well, especially after this past winter. I'm starting to feel the urge to roam and live somewhere different again, but this time I want to go WAY different, like Australia.

Jet is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 06:50 PM
  #925
Jet
Buff Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orlando
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,968
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Ok...so funny story.

We just got back home today from a week long trip to Victoria to take my step daughter to see her ******-bag of a father, oddly enough it was cheaper to drive out there and stay in the sandman for a week then it was to fly her and mom out there.

Yesterday, the old lady decides to go into Calgary to do some shopping, the rest of us have no desire to get back into a car, so we stay behind. Mind you, we live forty minutes outside of Calgary. So she takes my bank card, seeing as how she lost hers, and the car keys and away she goes.

She gets into town, and she's feeling a little off and is finding that she is having a lot of difficulty keeping anything, even water down. She calls health links and they tell her to move her butt to the nearest hospital and get checked out. At the very least they'll put her on an IV. So she does this, they do a bunch of tests and what not and get her hooked up a IV...

Then the tests come back and we find out she is Pregnant! SURPRISE!!!! and really all she has is really really bad morning sickness. Either way, they're keeping her until her stomach settles down and what not, she's high risk, we haven't had much luck on kid number three.

However, I'm stuck in a little po-dung town, with no money or vehicle...and since we just got back from a road trip, no real food. Luckily the local food bank was able to help us out.

Of course, a lot of our stuff was in the car still..including my cell phone charger.

So thats been my last two days. Awesome.
Holy crap! Glad to hear all is well and hopefully there are no problems! Congrats!

Jet is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.