HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Just curious who you prefer

View Poll Results: Who do you like best?
Prust/Armstrong 15 17.86%
Prust/White 41 48.81%
Higgins/Lapierre 28 33.33%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-20-2013, 04:22 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Just curious who you prefer

I was watching vancouver game yesterday with a friend and it came up that I miss Higgins and Lapierre. For absolutely no reason whatsoever and not having to do with last night's game or anything like that, I asked who he prefers between two sets of players, one in vancouver and one in montreal.

Originally, I had asked Higgins+Lapierre vs Prust+Armstrong. I asked a few people and quickly noticed not many care about armstrong so I got a biased answer. To make it better, I switched armstrong for white.

Who do you prefer? Again, has ZERO to do with last night's game or something to do with how this guy played last night or acted during lockout or whatever.

I personally ask because I miss those two guys and I feel they bring more energy and speed than the other two. Still, the others bring more toughness with similar energy. In an ideal world, I ask for all 4 but hey, out of curiousity, who would you rather have? For kicks, I'll keep Armstrong/Prust in the mix.

Edit:I realize asking Armstrong/Prust vs White/Prust is weird because we have all 3, just assume we'd lose 1. lol

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:24 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I was watching vancouver game yesterday with a friend and it came up that I miss Higgins and Lapierre. For absolutely no reason whatsoever and not having to do with last night's game or anything like that, I asked who he prefers between two sets of players, one in vancouver and one in montreal.

Originally, I had asked Higgins+Lapierre vs Prust+Armstrong. I asked a few people and quickly noticed not many care about armstrong so I got a biased answer. To make it better, I switched armstrong for white.

Who do you prefer? Again, has ZERO to do with last night's game or something to do with how this guy played last night or acted during lockout or whatever.

I personally ask because I miss those two guys and I feel they bring more energy and speed than the other two. Still, the others bring more toughness with similar energy. In an ideal world, I ask for all 4 but hey, out of curiousity, who would you rather have? For kicks, I'll keep Armstrong/Prust in the mix.
Having Lapierre in that comparison makes sense.
Having Higgins does not.

That's kinda like asking if we'd rather have Jonathan Toews or Tomas Plekanec.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Having Lapierre in that comparison makes sense.
Having Higgins does not.

That's kinda like asking if we'd rather have Jonathan Toews or Tomas Plekanec.
I asked 4 people, 2 of them prefer to Prust combo. I wouldn't say Higgins vs prust goes to the extent you're bringing up.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Nedved

Higgins

prust/lapierre toss up

the other 2 not so special.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Lapierre > Pyatt > Nokelainen but the caveman in me feels better with Prust and White in the lineup!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Well, there were reasonable reasons at the respective times for when Higgins and Lapierre left, they were both at removes from their peak performances with us. And struggled in their next destinations as well, before finally re-emerging in their present form as Canucks.

Anyway, it has taken us a very long time to re-assemble reliable forward depth, alas. I think Prust is a good one. I think the jury is still very much out whether Armstrong can get back there or not. I like the odds of White getting there. But then, I've usually liked the odds of our prospect guys coming up in those roles, and it seems like few have actually stuck, so jury is still out on White too.

I wouldn't trade Prust and White, say, to go back to Higgins and Lapierre, even though the latter duo is doing fine where they are and all. I have a hunch I will have favourites in Prust and White. I hope so, anyway.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:37 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i don't know the new guys enough to potetially miss them. but i'm happy higgins got his game back.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:38 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Again, has ZERO to do with last night's game
Impossible, people are too emotional here.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Kriss E

Prust and Armstrong have played 1 game here..So, gonna need more time to really answer this conclusively.
But I always liked pest players. They get under the opponent's skin and draw penalties. ¸
As for Higgins, he's better than all the players mentioned, he'd be perfect on our 3rd line or maybe even top 6 next to Plek.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM

Higgins-Lapierre-Prust

Not a fan of White really. Heart but very limited talent and not a very good fighter.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Prairie Habs

People forget how good Armstrong was the last time he played under MT in Pittsburgh. Just because he couldn't perform in the black hole known as Toronto doesn't mean he isn't good anymore.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Mrb1p

Prust-Lapierre-White

/NUFF SAID.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
People forget how good Armstrong was the last time he played under MT in Pittsburgh. Just because he couldn't perform in the black hole known as Toronto doesn't mean he isn't good anymore.
Do you know how old he is?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Higgins is the only one who has scored an appreciable number of goals. Lapierre is not as good as Prust and is a poorer fighter. I hold White in low esteem. Armstrong won't be around next season.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Moen-Eller-Higgins
Prust-Lapierre-White

I think that would be a swell bottom 6. Third line could possibly give the Habs more of a top 9.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:25 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Moen-Eller-Higgins
Prust-Lapierre-White

I think that would be a swell bottom 6. Third line could possibly give the Habs more of a top 9.
I'd rather have Micheal Ryder than Higgs or Ribs.

peate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Moen-Eller-Higgins
Prust-Lapierre-White
This.

I love Prust too much to vote agains him. I'll give Amstrong more time to make a call on him. As many pointed out, it was just one game!

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:01 AM
dutchy29

couldn't vote because I haven't seen the new guys enough yet to really get a good judgement on them. Higgins annoys me because he has lots of talent but never really gets anything done. Lappy I liked. Armstrong/Prust are unknowns to me.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:13 AM
Roulin

Higgins can move up and down the lineup more easily than any of the rest, and we don't yet know just how easily White can switch between wing and center, so for now I'll say Higgins and Lapierre. They can play more minutes and fill more roles.

Higgins gets flack for not fulfilling his perceived potential as a top line player, but at 1.9mil, does that really matter? IMO he's pretty much an ideal cheap middle sixer, if your team doesn't have quite enough homegrown forwards to do the job (no team does) and has cap/budget restrictions (pretty much every team does).

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:18 AM
PricePkPatch

Seriously, why no Prust/Lapierre?

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:02 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:

Edit:I realize asking Armstrong/Prust vs White/Prust is weird because we have all 3, just assume we'd lose 1. lol
I preferred, and actually loved having, Moore-Pyatt-Lapierre. Unfortunately, all were let go for nothing to speak of, and none of them have been replaced yet.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Prust and White

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote