HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rayan O'Rayli , From Russia with love

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Goulet17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paberallFTW View Post
i'm curious, what would be needed to get him in oiler colours? our team could really use a bigger center to replace gagner so obviously he could be going the other way what else? i know your team wants D and that's not really our strong points but we do have some D prospects in klefbom, musil, gernat, marincin, simpson, etc...
I don't see the Oilers as a possibility, considering they are within the same division, and the prospect names you mentioned are unlikely to garner high interest from the Avs.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:54 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
I'm unclear if he needs to be from that passage. it just says "pursuant," whatever that means legally.

edit: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Pursuant "To do an act pursuant to the law is to conform to the requirements of a statute"

so...uh...I think that just means that he can't violate a SPC? In which case he will accrue a year for this KHL jaunt? i am clearly not a lawyer.
I'm 99% sure O'Reilly doesn't get a year of service for playing in the KHL all season. Radulov didn't when he played in the KHL, so O'Reilly wouldn't either.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:57 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Caps fan here with a straight up proposal. Marques Johansson for O'Reilly. MOJO drafted the same year as O'Reilly but in the first round (believe #26). MOJO has played about 90 fewer NHL games but production comparable. I look at MOJO, like Fleischmann, probably flourishing with Colorado. MOJO currently earns 900k this year and then will be a RFA.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:57 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
i'm curious, what would be needed to get him in oiler colours? our team could really use a bigger center to replace gagner so obviously he could be going the other way what else? i know your team wants D and that's not really our strong points but we do have some D prospects in klefbom, musil, gernat, marincin, simpson, etc...
If you really want an answer to this... Justin Schultz.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:03 PM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
If you really want an answer to this... Justin Schultz.
damn i was afraid you'd say that, if that's the case i think the oil would be smarter to offer sheet him

Old
01-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Caps fan here with a straight up proposal. Marques Johansson for O'Reilly. MOJO drafted the same year as O'Reilly but in the first round (believe #26). MOJO has played about 90 fewer NHL games but production comparable. I look at MOJO, like Fleischmann, probably flourishing with Colorado. MOJO currently earns 900k this year and then will be a RFA.
Doesn't really address our biggest needs and I think O'Reilly is more valuable than MoJo.
We need at least a 2nd pairing d-man with 1st pairing upside.
Anything from Washington almost has to be a package with one of Carlson/Alzner going the this way and a package that contains O'Reilly going the other way. I suppose that makes you guys a lot less interested and I won't blame you for that.
It's just that we need a very good d-man, and I can't see O'Reilly shipped out if that wasn't part of the return.

Old
bestmyfeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I don't see the Oilers as a possibility, considering they are within the same division, and the prospect names you mentioned are unlikely to garner high interest from the Avs.
not even klefbom? he was WJ MVP and would've played a huge role this year as well if not for a fluke injury

But yes intra-division is tough may need a third team to facilitate, i just going crazy with all the luongo to edmonton for gagner rumours, i don't think that'll help our team in the long run

Old
Bubba Thudd
97% Complete

vCash: 6000
Quote:
damn i was afraid you'd say that, if that's the case i think the oil would be smarter to offer sheet him
That would probably be your best chance to ink him.

But is it really wise for the Oilers to be offer sheeting guys? That could come back to bite them.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:08 PM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post

But is it really wise for the Oilers to be offer sheeting guys? That could come back to bite them.
it's not! i would rather make a deal but i mean if AVs management is playing hardball what other option is there? it's unrealistic to expect us to give schultz for him especially considering our D is weaker than your teams LOL

i mean we don't even have the draft picks to do it (3rd is with dallas for fistric) but we do have 2 2nds and i for one would not hesitate to do 1st, and 2nds for ROR

Old
01-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
not even klefbom? he was WJ MVP and would've played a huge role this year as well if not for a fluke injury

But yes intra-division is tough may need a third team to facilitate, i just going crazy with all the luongo to edmonton for gagner rumours, i don't think that'll help our team in the long run
The problem is that Klefblom is a prospect. We have no ability to judge how he might perform at the NHL level. It is simply too risky for the Avs to to trade a 22 year old center in the same division for an unproven prospect. Remember, the Avs took the unusual step of publicly identifying ROR as one of the team's core players going forward (along with Duchene and EJ) prior to the 2011 draft.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
it's not! i would rather make a deal but i mean if AVs management is playing hardball what other option is there? it's unrealistic to expect us to give schultz for him especially considering our D is weaker than your teams LOL

i mean we don't even have the draft picks to do it (3rd is with dallas for fistric) but we do have 2 2nds and i for one would not hesitate to do 1st, and 2nds for ROR
The issue is that you are evaluating your own offer in a vacuum. If ROR were actually available, what do you think 28 other teams might offer?

Old
01-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:

Oilers are already scared to death about Buffalo paying them back for the Vanek offer sheet, so they re-sign their kids (Hall, Eberle) a year in advance.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:

personally i think he would complete our top 6 for many years!

Old
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Doesn't really address our biggest needs and I think O'Reilly is more valuable than MoJo.
We need at least a 2nd pairing d-man with 1st pairing upside.
Anything from Washington almost has to be a package with one of Carlson/Alzner going the this way and a package that contains O'Reilly going the other way. I suppose that makes you guys a lot less interested and I won't blame you for that.
It's just that we need a very good d-man, and I can't see O'Reilly shipped out if that wasn't part of the return.
You're right, Carlson and Alzner are out of the question. Mike Green on the other hand at this point I think many Caps fans would not have a problem seeing him move on.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Goulet17

I would think an offer sheet at $5 million gives the Avs' management and easy way to resign ROR without it having a negative impact on the perception of Duchene and EJ for starters.

An offer sheet may actually be welcomed by the Avs.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:14 PM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
The issue is that you are evaluating your own offer in a vacuum. If ROR were actually available, what do you think 28 other teams might offer?
faier enough at the end of the day i don't think it'll happen it's just a dream of mine...was just inquiring as it's a VERY slow day in the office for me

Old
01-23-2013, 04:20 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
you guys are such fair weather fans sometimes.

If ROR signed tomorrow, he'd be back in the top 3 of the "Your Favorite Avs Player" polls. Don't kid yourselves.
Not a fair weather fan at all. I am an Avs fan regardless. Its about the team, not a single player I don't care who it is. ROR has shown his true colors and chances are he is done with this team.

If he signs tomorrow thats a completely different story, maybe he finally relented knowing he wasn't going to get the 5 mill he wants because if he doesn't relent, the Avs won't either and I am sticking with the Avs. The Avs are my team, they are not called the ROR's

Best thing for the team, if he won't sign is to get something for him. We could use him, or a player that he could bring us in trade. We need to look at this as the season is already half over because we only have 46 games left to make the playoffs. We can't afford to be without an asset of his quality for much longer so ... that asset can either be him or a great player which we could have in trade for him. I honestly believe we could get a great piece for him that could help us out, even 2 pieces. If that isn't the case and I am overestimating his market value, that is one thing - but otherwise I stand by what I said.

If he signs in the next week for the money he deserves, then he is an Av again and of course I will be rooting for him as he is part of my team again.

If he doesn't sign in the next week, trade him. I have loved most of Sherm's trades and imagine he will bring in quality in this situation too.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
Not a fair weather fan at all. I am an Avs fan regardless. Its about the team, not a single player I don't care who it is. ROR has shown his true colors and chances are he is done with this team.
If he signs tomorrow thats a completely different story, maybe he finally relented knowing he wasn't going to get the 5 mill he wants because if he doesn't relent, the Avs won't either and I am sticking with the Avs. The Avs are my team, they are not called the ROR's

Best thing for the team, if he won't sign is to get something for him. We could use him, or a player that he could bring us in trade. We need to look at this as the season is already half over because we only have 46 games left to make the playoffs. We can't afford to be without an asset of his quality for much longer so ... that asset can either be him or a great player which we could have in trade for him. I honestly believe we could get a great piece for him that could help us out, even 2 pieces. If that isn't the case and I am overestimating his market value, that is one thing - but otherwise I stand by what I said.

If he signs in the next week for the money he deserves, then he is an Av again and of course I will be rooting for him as he is part of my team again.

If he doesn't sign in the next week, trade him. I have loved most of Sherm's trades and imagine he will bring in quality in this situation too.
avs fans saying this is what made me think he was "available"

Old
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

O'Reilly could force a trade tomorrow and I would still like him. I love the way he plays hockey.

Ideally they'd all be awesome guys off the ice, but they have the same flaws as everyone else. So O'Reilly turned out to be a really greedy guy. Not the end of the world.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:31 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
O'Reilly could force a trade tomorrow and I would still like him. I love the way he plays hockey.

Ideally they'd all be awesome guys off the ice, but they have the same flaws as everyone else. So O'Reilly turned out to be a really greedy guy. Not the end of the world.
Im with you on this. I like the way he plays this game sep I would only like it if he played on my team or somewhere in the east.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:34 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 2000
Quote:

I agree with this, I would still care about where he was and what he was doing - that isn't the point. He needs to be playing with us or with another team in the NHL because we traded him. Not in Russia because he's a ****** bag

Old
01-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Bubba Thudd
97% Complete

vCash: 6000
Should end every post in this thread with

Old
01-23-2013, 04:40 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I'm 99% sure O'Reilly doesn't get a year of service for playing in the KHL all season. Radulov didn't when he played in the KHL, so O'Reilly wouldn't either.
ah, good example. Ok, thanks.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Erlich Bachman
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:

I would say the word "greed" might be strong in this case...considering we don't know the real specifics surrounding the situation.

It's not "greed" to believe your worth and stick to it.

Greed to me implies that he knows his worth/value isn't much, but is asking for more than that anyway. If Ryan were asking for 9+ million a year, then the conversation would be different. But we don't know what he's asking for exactly, all we have are rumors.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I would say the word "greed" might be strong in this case...considering we don't know the real specifics surrounding the situation.

It's not "greed" to believe your worth and stick to it.

Greed to me implies that he knows his worth/value isn't much, but is asking for more than that anyway. If Ryan were asking for 9+ million a year, then the conversation would be different. But we don't know what he's asking for exactly, all we have are rumors.
It's looking like he is asking for more than he is worth and trying to blackmail Avs into paying it by signing in Russia. That's being greedy. If Avs had been lowballing him, then his actions would have made sense.

As for what he is asking for, several sources have claimed it's $5M/year on a long term deal and his agent made no attempt to dispute it when commenting, obviously by using lawyer doublespeak.

"It is not accurate to say a player wants X dollars without factoring the term, (and) any suggestion that Ryan is asking for $5 million on a deal similar to (Matt) Duchene is completely inaccurate".

If by some outside chance O'Reilly has been asking for $4M/year and Avs have been trying to lowball him, that would of course change who is being greedy here but with the information we have as well as pretty much every precedent of players holding out for money, right now it's looking like O'Reilly is being greedy.

Closed Thread