HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 12:38 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 500
Avs battled back in that game though. They were down 2-0 on the road to the defending Stanley Cup Champs. If Giggy doesn't make those comments, they probably pack it in a lose in a blowout.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:54 AM
BlueDream

I thought it was hilarious how after Giggy makes those comments, they actually win a game and then some of their players like Ryan O'Reilly are on Twitter talking up their road win. Team is 3-15-3 on the road.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:02 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Columbus won, Dallas winning by 3 in the 3d at Nashville, Detroit down 1-0 on the road, Wings' playoff spot looking vulnerable ...

Old
04-12-2013, 09:04 PM
CarvinSigX
The Toilet

vCash: 1000
You smell that? That's Chicago's bed.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:06 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Uh, that was quick.

Old
04-13-2013, 06:26 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Anyone else notice that Devils Goalie Martin Broduer is stuck on 666 wins? Perhaps he will end his career stuck on the number of the beast playing for the Devils

Old
04-13-2013, 08:12 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Stars would be tied with Detroit and hold the tiebreaker if they win. Up 2-0 at home over the Sharks (who are woeful on the road). Each team would have 7 games left. Stars could win in a shootout and still own the tiebreaker.

Old
04-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Linus

Good for the Stars. I'd love to see them sneak into 8th.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Bluesman91

Hope the Jackets win this shootout

Edit: Jackets win!

Last edited by Bluesman91: 04-13-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old
04-13-2013, 10:30 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

The Blues' coaches should be forced to watch every LA game and clip every sequence when their forwards own the scoring areas. Perfect way to illustrate the difference between us and them. It should be shown on a continuous loop and used for every video session.

They are repeating, in my humble opinion.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:49 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
The Blues' coaches should be forced to watch every LA game and clip every sequence when their forwards own the scoring areas. Perfect way to illustrate the difference between us and them. It should be shown on a continuous loop and used for every video session.

They are repeating, in my humble opinion.
They look amazing and we are not beating them.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:58 AM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
They look amazing and we are not beating them.
I bet them to win the Cup last night at 15 to 1 knowing full well the Blues are going to open in LA.

I'm a bad person.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

West Standings

1. CHI +27
2. ANA +17
3. VAN +11
4. LA +10
5. SJ +8
6. STL +7
7. MIN +6
8. DET +5
9. DAL +4
10. CBJ +3
11. PHX +2

Games remaining:

Vancouver (7) – at NSH, at STL, at DAL, vs. DET, vs. CHI, vs. ANA, at EDM

Los Angeles (6) – at SJ, vs. CBJ, vs. DAL, at MIN, at DET, vs. SJ

San Jose (7) – at PHX, vs. LA, vs. MIN, vs. CBJ, vs. DAL, at PHX, at LA

St. Louis (7) – vs. VAN, vs. PHX, vs. DAL, at COL, vs. COL, vs. CGY, vs. CHI

Minnesota (7) – at CGY, at EDM, at SJ, vs. CGY, vs. LA, vs. EDM, at COL

Detroit (6) – at CGY, at VAN, vs. PHX, vs. LA, vs. NSH, at DAL

Dallas (7) – at CHI, vs. VAN, at STL, at LA, at SJ, vs. CBJ, vs. DET

Columbus (6) – at COL, at ANA, at LA, at SJ, at DAL, vs. NSH

Phoenix (7) – vs. SJ, at STL, at CHI, at DET, vs. SJ, vs. COL, at ANA

Blues magic numbers vs. opponents:

vs. CBJ – 9 (Blues clinched tiebreaker)
vs. PHX – 10 (9 if Blues win tiebreaker)
vs. DAL – 12 (11 if Blues win tiebreaker)
vs. DET – 12 (11 if Blues win tiebreaker)
vs. MIN – 14 (13 if Blues win tiebreaker)

All of these except Detroit play tonight, as does San Jose and Vancouver.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:25 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Its dirty, but the Blues best probable outcome is to stay in 6th. I just don't see LAK dropping out of the 4/5 matchup....and I think the Blues still need some time to fully intergrate the new blood. I'd prefer to do that against the 3 seed (whoever it is...and almost certainly its Vancouver).

I'll root as hard as I can, but I really don't think this team is poised for a deep post-season run. They look too shaky at this point of the season (although I would have said the same about the LAK last season). However, the best path to run deep comes out of the 6 seed right now.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Thallis
#FREERATTIE

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Its dirty, but the Blues best probable outcome is to stay in 6th. I just don't see LAK dropping out of the 4/5 matchup....and I think the Blues still need some time to fully intergrate the new blood. I'd prefer to do that against the 3 seed (whoever it is...and almost certainly its Vancouver).

I'll root as hard as I can, but I really don't think this team is poised for a deep post-season run. They look too shaky at this point of the season (although I would have said the same about the LAK last season). However, the best path to run deep comes out of the 6 seed right now.
This is the biggest reason I don't understand this latest forum meltdown. Losing to Chicago yesterday wasn't necessarily a bad thing for us.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:38 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

I want them to play their best, to win every game....but if they finish in the 6th position I think that's probably for the best. LAK vs Chicago in the 2nd round would be opposite the Blues and whoever/Anaheim (if the Blues win). The Blues could make the WCF without having to elevate their play to the point that could win a series vs Chicago or LAK.

I think they could win either series, there, but not with how they are currently playing. Also, I didn't mind Columbus getting 2 points towards their improbable playoff chances, and Chicago is virtually cemented in the #1 seed....so giving up those points doesn't matter. Its really only about getting into the groove for the playoffs right now. So, I'm less concerned about a specific game's outcome than I am about whether the Blues looked dominant or not. (They'd have to pretty much lose out to fall out of the playoffs...and if they do that I would want them to miss.)

Old
04-15-2013, 03:49 PM
BadgersandBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I want them to play their best, to win every game....but if they finish in the 6th position I think that's probably for the best. LAK vs Chicago in the 2nd round would be opposite the Blues and whoever/Anaheim (if the Blues win). The Blues could make the WCF without having to elevate their play to the point that could win a series vs Chicago or LAK.

I think they could win either series, there, but not with how they are currently playing. Also, I didn't mind Columbus getting 2 points towards their improbable playoff chances, and Chicago is virtually cemented in the #1 seed....so giving up those points doesn't matter. Its really only about getting into the groove for the playoffs right now. So, I'm less concerned about a specific game's outcome than I am about whether the Blues looked dominant or not. (They'd have to pretty much lose out to fall out of the playoffs...and if they do that I would want them to miss.)
I think I might have misread this, but if we win as the 6th seed, assuming 1, 2, and 4 all win, we would play the #1 (Chicago) in the second round. Was a little confused by your first part.

The absolute best thing for us would be if we got the 4th seed, SJ got the 5th, and LA got the 6th. Then if we win, LA wins, and Chicago/Anaheim wins, we play Anaheim in the second round.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:05 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post
I think I might have misread this, but if we win as the 6th seed, assuming 1, 2, and 4 all win, we would play the #1 (Chicago) in the second round. Was a little confused by your first part.

The absolute best thing for us would be if we got the 4th seed, SJ got the 5th, and LA got the 6th. Then if we win, LA wins, and Chicago/Anaheim wins, we play Anaheim in the second round.
Correct. But this only happens if LA has a mediocre/bad finish. Otherwise that team is going to end up in the 4-5.

I hope the Blues finish 6th, but realistically there's no way to avoid LA/Chicago the next round. The 6th seed can never meet the 2d seed til conference finals, same with 7th and 3d. So finishing 6th or 7th gets us a first round opponent that is beatable. (Anaheim is good but beatable.) In either case, however, that 6- or 7-seed means the Blues play LA/Chicago the next round.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:31 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Ah I forgot about the reseeding. The NCAA tournament has messed with my head. Regardless, I think the 6 seed is probably going to yield the best possible match-up for the Blues (although the 4 seed home ice would be good under normal circumstances. But right now the Blues don't show much home-ice advantage.)

Old
04-15-2013, 10:33 PM
BlueDream

It's pretty sad how this team just went on a 6-game winning streak and we are still talking about how shaky they are looking.

I don't think it's shakiness - their offensive talent just isn't good enough.

6th/7th is best case scenario but I still don't see anything past the 2nd round so who cares who we match up with at this point.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Bluesman91

Erik Johnson was a healthy scratch for Colorado tonight. Colorado announcer said "He's been disappointing to say the least."

Old
04-15-2013, 10:37 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Erik Johnson was a healthy scratch for Colorado tonight. Colorado announcer said "He's been disappointing to say the least."
Thought he just injured his hand in a game a couple days ago?

Old
04-15-2013, 11:21 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Weird that its a 'healthy' scratch. I wonder if there is some reason they wanted to avoid IR. But with the absence of roster limits, I don't think there's any reason to play games with the injury reports. Anyway, I thought he was still nursing that wrist injury that forced him out of the last game.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Thallis
#FREERATTIE

vCash: 499
Quote:
They seem to be realizing his potential is all that it is. Can't say we didn't warn them.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:52 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Kings-Sharks pretty entertaining. Go Sharks. As long as they stay ahead of Blues, Blues cant meet Kings round 1.

Closed Thread